Windows 10: Minecraft Windows 10 - unable to connect with Microsoft Account

Discus and support Minecraft Windows 10 - unable to connect with Microsoft Account in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I have the following problem. I can install and start Minecraft without problems but when I try to log in I get an error message - unable to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by maxmurr, Dec 29, 2019.

1. maxmurr Win User

Minecraft Windows 10 - unable to connect with Microsoft Account

Hi,

I have the following problem. I can install and start Minecraft without problems but when I try to log in I get an error message - unable to connect with Microsoft. ..

Any ideas?

:)

maxmurr, Dec 29, 2019

2. Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition: Unable to connect to world

Hi Angelito,

The game server error is one of the possible reasons why you're unable to connect to the Minecraft world. To help you resolve this concern, I need to gather more details. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Were you able to connect to an external server on Minecraft before?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • When did the issue start?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game?
    • Do you have a firewall (or antivirus firewall)? If yes, try to disable it.

Meanwhile, I suggest that you run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This could help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Wilfred Mac, Dec 29, 2019
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to add a device to Microsoft account

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Ideally, when we sign in to a device using the Microsoft account, the device is already added to the Microsoft account. However, as you have mentioned you are unable to add the device to the Microsoft account after removing it. We would suggest you
    to try converting the account as a local account and then converting it as a Microsoft account. This should add the device to the Microsoft account. Kindly refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Accounts and select
      Your info
      on the left pane.
    3. Now, click on Sign in with a local account instead and follow the on-screen instructions.
    4. Once the account is converted as a local account, sign in to the account, go to settings and click on
      Sign in with a Microsoft account.
    5. Follow the on-screen instructions to convert the account. Once the account is converted as a Microsoft account, the device will be listed in your Microsoft account.

Meanwhile, we would like to know the following details to assist you with the Minecraft issue:

• How are you trying to install Minecraft?
    • Which edition of Minecraft are you trying to install?

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 29, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Dec 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Minecraft Windows 10 - unable to connect with Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Minecraft unable connect

2. Connecting Minecraft to Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting Minecraft to Microsoft Account: I cannot get Minecraft to connect to my Microsoft account. The game loads up and when I click on the play button it brings up a pop up window that says Microsoft Account and inside it says "connecting..." My only option is to click ok, which closes the pop up. When I try to...
  3. Connecting Minecraft to Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting Minecraft to Microsoft Account: I cannot get Minecraft to connect to my Microsoft account. The game loads up and when I click on the play button it brings up a pop up window that says Microsoft Account and inside it says "connecting..." My only option is to click ok, which closes the pop up. When I try to...
  4. Connecting your Microsoft Account to Minecraft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting your Microsoft Account to Minecraft: I'm having trouble signing in to my Microsoft on Minecraft to my PlayStation. I'm trying to link sign back in to my Microsoft account to my PlayStation but it keeps telling me my Microsoft account is already linked to another PlayStation account but it's not...
  5. Minecraft Windows 10 not connecting to Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10 not connecting to Microsoft account?: So I purchased the Windows 10 version of Minecraft a year ago. My laptop's hard drive failed and I had to get a new one, so of course I lost everything backup your files people, don't be like me. I thought my Minecraft worlds, skins, realms, etc. would be saved through my...
  6. Microsoft account not connecting too Minecraft: Windows 10 edition.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account not connecting too Minecraft: Windows 10 edition.: Hi there, I have been having a problem with my brand new Minecraft Windows 10 Edition game. When I load in the game, it asks me to sign into my Microsoft account. When I hit this button, it says signing into your microsoft account and just stays on that page forever. If...
  7. Minecraft Unable to connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Unable to connect: I'm playing on Minecraft Bedrock on Windows 10, and no one is able to connect to my world, it's fine if I use any other system like Xbox One and Nintendo Switch, but Windows 10 just won't work. I'm also not able to connect to other people's worlds too. If you can come up with...
  8. Unable to sign into Microsoft Account for Minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to sign into Microsoft Account for Minecraft: Split from this thread. I cant sign i tried everything can you please put a different code in so i can try to sign back in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-sign-into-microsoft-account-for/6bf3aa71-dafe-4be5-8ea8-ee49397132e1
  9. Windows 10 Minecraft Unable to Connect.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Minecraft Unable to Connect.: I bought and downloaded Minecraft last night, I was able to connect to a friends server just fine. I tried again today and I get the "Unable to connect" error. I've tried every step and solution I could find on the forums and it still wont work. Is there something else I can...
  10. unable to connect to the world minecraft windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to connect to the world minecraft windows 10: hi today i buyed the game and im trying to play with my friend on xbox one but if i try to join his world the game shows "unable to connect to the world and the same happens if he tries to join me how can i fix it...