Windows 10: Minecraft Windows 10 Update Failing

Discus and support Minecraft Windows 10 Update Failing in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am unable to get Minecraft Windows 10 to update from 14.30 to 14.60. In the Windows store, it perpetually tries to update, installs, then rolls... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BrianHampton_607, May 9, 2020.

1. Minecraft Windows 10 Update Failing

I am unable to get Minecraft Windows 10 to update from 14.30 to 14.60. In the Windows store, it perpetually tries to update, installs, then rolls back to 14.30. Over and over and over.....

I have tried a lot of things, and nothing has worked so far.

• I have insured that my machine is fully updated Windows Update
    • I have run Microsoft Store troubleshooter, which resets the bits service, etc.
    • I have uninstalled Minecraft from Settings-Apps, then reinstalled from store.
    • I have reset the Microsoft Store from Settings Apps - Advanced
    • I have manually cleared the LocalCache of the Microsoft Store.
    • I have used MS tech scripts to remove Minecraft from my installed app list, and then reinstalled from Store.
    • I have run complete AV scans with Windows Defender

All of these steps have happened with reboots between. I have done all of this as an administrator, with a single profile logged in.

I've been doing this for a couple of days now and come back, hoping there was some magical update and it would start to work again.

Are there any other suggestions? Without the update to 14.60, my kids cannot access their shared realms with friends. I have run out of things to try.

:)

BrianHampton_607, May 9, 2020

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, May 9, 2020
  3. jds21 Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, May 9, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

Minecraft Windows 10 Update Failing

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, May 9, 2020
Thema:

Minecraft Windows 10 Update Failing

1. Minecraft Windows 10 Update Failing - Similar Threads - Minecraft Update Failing

2. Microsoft sign in fail - Minecraft - windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft sign in fail - Minecraft - windows 10: Hi, whenever I try to sign into my Microsoft account on Minecraft , I always end up getting "we could not sign you into your Microsoft account... Please try again later" with an error code. But whenever I try again it gives me the same thing. I've now tried for a week....
  3. Minecraft for windows 10 - Failed Login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft for windows 10 - Failed Login: Hello, I have been trying to login into my Minecraft account on my new laptop. I had a laptop where I purchased Minecraft for windows 10 but got rid of it because my college gave me a newer one, and i downloaded minecraft again using the same account but now it wont let me...
  4. Minecraft for Windows 10 Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Minecraft for Windows 10 Updates: So I'm having this issue. I'm trying to play Minecraft for Windows 10 with my friends on xbox, but when I look at their world its on 1.14.1, my minecraft is on 1.14.4 Is there any way I can go back an update so I can play with them....
  5. Minecraft update windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft update windows 10: I can't play with my friends cause i have older version of minecraft. I search for updates in the microsoft store and dont have any update to do and i tried to uninstall and install again the game but the store give me the same version. I'm at the las windows 10 update,...
  6. Update Minecraft in Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Update Minecraft in Windows 10: Hi there. Please could someone let me know how can I update Minrecraft on my PC windows 10, to 1.16 version. I am very new to this, so please help!! Thanks so much. Tucha Osborne :...
  7. Minecraft for Windows 10 will not update

Minecraft for Windows 10 will not update: When a player hits "play" in Minecraft, the statement "the realms have been updated, you must update your game" appears. The update does not appear in the Microsoft Store though it is in my list of purchased games. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game and I have...
  8. Minecraft windows 10 Edition Failed to login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft windows 10 Edition Failed to login: When I try to sign I get an error message which says "Failed to login" "We tried to sign you in to you Microsoft Account, but something went wrong."...
  9. Minecraft Windows 10 WILL NOT UPDATE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Minecraft Windows 10 WILL NOT UPDATE: Hi, I'm playing on minecraft windows 10 and I've tried everything to get my minecraft windows 10 to update I uninstalled Windows store and The Xbox App, restarted my computer and installed them again, I troubleshooted the windows store apps. I've done everything imaginable to...
  10. Minecraft Windows 10 update

Minecraft Windows 10 update: I really want to cancel auto update of Minecraft Windows 10. Is it possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-windows-10-update/ff3a947b-0104-4ff7-ac25-050e4c85cfc6"