Windows 10: Minecraft wont open

Discus and support Minecraft wont open in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; GAME CRASH The game crashed whilst initializing game The game crashed whilst initializing game Error: java.lang.IllegalStateException: GLFW error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PortiaPetersen1, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Minecraft wont open

GAME CRASH
    The game crashed whilst initializing game
    The game crashed whilst initializing game
    Error: java.lang.IllegalStateException: GLFW error 65542: WGL: The driver does not appear to support OpenGL​
    It wont open and I am very sad

:)

PortiaPetersen1, Aug 18, 2018
  2. Tylerp666 Win User

new laptop minecraft wont load

Bought a new laptop, windows 10. cant access the xbox app and minecraft is already installed but it wont open, any help or suggestions appreciated. thanks

Tylerp666, Aug 18, 2018
  3. Barman58 Win User
    Homegroup For Minecraft Servers Or What?

It looks as if the existing minecraft server will use the new system without modification - It needs to be able to access the computers on the network in a two way link, which is the standard for Workgroup and Homegroup

There is a complete step by step available, if you have any issues ...

Tutorials/Setting up a server – Official Minecraft Wiki

It's not something I have any direct experience with but a quick read suggests to me that you will not need to do Much if any reconfiguration of the existing server

Barman58, Aug 18, 2018
  4. Paul Bab Win User

Minecraft wont open

Minecraft Wont Open!

Hi,

A corrupted profile and corrupted game data are some of the most common factors that we have to consider, as to why a game won't successfully launch on a Windows 10 device. For us to acquire a better understanding of your concern, we need to gather the following
    information:

• Are you getting any error messages upon trying to launch Minecraft?
    • Do you have the physical copy or the digital version of the game?
    • Is this issue happening to other games as well?
    • Have you tried accessing Minecraft on a different Windows 10 device and check if the same instance occurs?
    • Have you tried signing in a different account to your Windows 10 device and check if the same instance occurs?

Meanwhile, you may refer to the following solutions that can help resolve your concern with accessing Minecraft on Windows 10:

Solution 1: Run the Windows apps troubleshooter.

Refer to this
    page
    and follow the on-screen prompts.

Solution 2: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store.

To proceed, click this
    link
    and perform the steps provided.

Paul Bab, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

Minecraft wont open

1. Minecraft wont open - Similar Threads - Minecraft wont open

2. Minecraft launcher wont open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft launcher wont open: Minecraft Installer won't launch: "There’s a problem with Minecraft Launcher. Reinstall the application from its original install location or contact your administrator."...
  3. Minecraft launcher wont open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft launcher wont open: Minecraft Installer won't launch: "There’s a problem with Minecraft Launcher. Reinstall the application from its original install location or contact your administrator."...
  4. minecraft launcher wont open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minecraft launcher wont open: i just bought the game and the payment has been charged, when i open the launcher this comes upit makes me close the app and do nothing more, i reinstaled it a couple more times and its the same thing, i have windows 10 and everything up to date...
  5. minecraft launcher wont open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    minecraft launcher wont open: i just bought the game and the payment has been charged, when i open the launcher this comes upit makes me close the app and do nothing more, i reinstaled it a couple more times and its the same thing, i have windows 10 and everything up to date...
  6. minecraft for windows 10 wont open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    minecraft for windows 10 wont open: i just bought minecraft for windows 10 for my computer and it gets to the minecraft logo and crashes i can play java perfectly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-for-windows-10-wont-open/b909dd01-6457-4561-a647-02d0173e0a31
  7. minecraft wont install

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    minecraft wont install: the store says there is no eligible device for installing minecraft on my pc something it should have ********* said when i tried purchasing it. solution please, thank you...
  8. Minecraft launcher wont open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft launcher wont open: Hello, I bought minecraft java a while ago, two days ago i updated my pc to the new windows, after doing this, i can no longer open the minecraft java launcher so i am not able to play. please help thanks...
  9. Minecraft Wont Launch :(

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Wont Launch :(: My Minecraft Launcher Won't Launch I'm using The Latest Launcher And The Default Launcher https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-wont-launch/81d82de5-7298-49cc-acc7-89cd478f9333
  10. Minecraft wont Run!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft wont Run!: I just bought a new computer and needed to download minecraft again. After I installed the new launcher I went on 1.8 because i don't enjoy later updates as much. When i clicked to launch the game it said couldn't set pixel format. Does anyone know how to help?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the game crashed whilst initializing gameerror: java.lang.illegalstateexception: glfw error 65542: wgl: the driver does not appear to support opengl

2. trying to launch minecraft driver does no support opennl

3. The game crashed whilst initializing game Error: java.lang.IllegalStateException: GLFW error 65542: WGL: The driver does not appear to support OpenGL

4. the game crashed whilst initializing gameerror: java.lang.illegalstateexception: glfw error 65542: wgl: the driver does not appear to support openglcopy to cl fix,
  5. minecraft wont open,
  6. minecraft wont open windows phone