Windows 10: Minesweeper and Solitaire on Windows 10, cannot get past advertisement

Discus and support Minesweeper and Solitaire on Windows 10, cannot get past advertisement in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; For the past 2 days, a new batch of advertisement is being presented in Microsoft Minesweeper and Microsoft Solitaire Collection which do not display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Brad Grorud, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Minesweeper and Solitaire on Windows 10, cannot get past advertisement

For the past 2 days, a new batch of advertisement is being presented in Microsoft Minesweeper and Microsoft Solitaire Collection which do not display correctly and you cannot get past. Typically the ads will display with a count down in the upper right hand corner from 30 seconds for you to watch the ad. These new ads pop up with the timer stuck at 30 seconds, and on the screen you see "Tap to Play" and the screen dims a bit. If you "tap" click the mouse the screen will light up for a second, but the time will not run and you are unable to interact with the game demo.

On Microsoft Solitaire, you are able to press the escape key and continue past the advertisement and play something I just learned today. However, on Minesweeper, pressing escape just takes you back to the launch screen where you choose your difficulty.

Please communicate this bug up the food chain to get it resolved so we can get back to playing! :

-Brad

PS - Reboot did not help

PPS - Windows 10 Pro 1909

:)

Brad Grorud, Oct 12, 2020
  2. manofthem Win User

Solitaire and Minesweeper not free on Windows 10 - time to throw toys out of pram everyone!

I haven't played Solitaire on a pc in probably 7 years; minesweeper 12 years. This will not affect my day *Stick Out Tongue Minesweeper and Solitaire on Windows 10, cannot get past advertisement :p

I could see this as an issue for the old Viejas like my mother-in-law that used her laptop for 2 things: Facebook and Solitaire.

manofthem, Oct 12, 2020
  3. solitaire for windows 10 is making my PC crash/switch off - why?

Hi John,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

How did you install the game?

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the links below.

Try to run the troubleshooter for Windows apps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Check for updates for apps from Windows Store and install if you find any.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/check-for-updates-for-apps-and-games-from-windows-store#

Note:

Solitaire, Minesweeper, and Hearts Games that come pre-installed on Windows 7 will be removed as part of installing the Windows 10 upgrade. Microsoft has released our version of Solitaire and Minesweeper called the “Microsoft Solitaire Collection”
    and “Microsoft Minesweeper.”

Please get back to us with the results to assist you further.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Oct 12, 2020
  4. qubit Win User

Minesweeper and Solitaire on Windows 10, cannot get past advertisement

Solitaire and Minesweeper not free on Windows 10 - time to throw toys out of pram everyone!

I've just read the shocking, shocking news that since Microsoft started charging for Solitaire and Minesweeper on W8, it's still not free on W10! *Eek! Minesweeper and Solitaire on Windows 10, cannot get past advertisement :eek:

You either have to put up with ads or pay a monthly subscription and apparently many enthusiasts are properly enraged by this and chucking their toys out of the pram!

Please vote how you feel about this hot new development, in the poll.

I voted don't give a shit.

Yahoo is now a part of Verizon Media

qubit, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

Minesweeper and Solitaire on Windows 10, cannot get past advertisement

1. Minesweeper and Solitaire on Windows 10, cannot get past advertisement - Similar Threads - Minesweeper Solitaire cannot

2. Racist advertising in Microsoft Office Solitaire program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Racist advertising in Microsoft Office Solitaire program: This is not a functionality problem, it is a content problem. I was playing the Solitaire program from Windows 10 on my work computer, and an advertisement popped up in the middle of the game that horrified me. It was a blatantly racist ad saying that black people want to...
  3. Microsoft Solitaire Advertisements freeze constantly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Solitaire Advertisements freeze constantly.: Microsoft Solitaire Advertisements freeze constantly. Ever since the "countdown" advertising feature has been imposed months back, the Solitaire game has become almost unplayable as the countdown timer stays frozen on 30 and the only option is to close the programme and...
  4. Volume on advertisements in Solitaire and other games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume on advertisements in Solitaire and other games: I want to provide feedback about the ridiculous volume levels on some advertisements which are unable to be adjusted. Some are so loud I have to remove my headphones. This is surely got to cause some damage to user's hearing in the long-term. It's annoying enough having to...
  5. Getting classic Minesweeper working on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting classic Minesweeper working on windows 10: Recently I have managed to get an ancient computer working with a version of Windows ME installed on it working. I was hoping to get the classic minesweeper stored there working on Windows 10, and so copied the executable and the .ini config file; This has not worked. When I...
  6. Advertisement volume in Microsoft Solitaire

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Advertisement volume in Microsoft Solitaire: Please, for the love of all that's holy, turn down the advertisement volume in Microsoft Solitaire! Or, at least put a heath warning up when launching the app. Especially for headset users, like myself. I mean, just because I refuse to throw money at you to avoid the ads...
  7. SOLITAIRE Cannot get it to play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SOLITAIRE Cannot get it to play: How do I get SOLITAIRE to play again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/solitaire-cannot-get-it-to-play/13fc3a74-daf7-44ce-8df8-230af9606766
  8. Getting advertisement while playing Microsoft Minesweeper

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting advertisement while playing Microsoft Minesweeper: So I saw another "ticket" about this issue back in march, but it is locked and I can't comment on it. But on my minesweeper, every now and then I get the ads, which is no issue, but starting yesterday whenever the ad for "Jewels of Rome" plays, at the end of the timer the...
  9. Windows 10 - cannot get past Log in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - cannot get past Log in: Hi My PC was working fine for about 20mins this morning until it froze. Since then i have been unable to get passed the log in screen (circular dots keep spinning). This had happened yesterday and resolved itself with a restart. Today I have spent numerous hours...
  10. How to Install Minesweeper and Solitaire on Windows 7, 8, 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Install Minesweeper and Solitaire on Windows 7, 8, 10: Want to play again Minesweeper, solitaire or something Windows Classic Game, give you longingly ? Install them quick and easy with this video tutorial *Smile [MEDIA] <span style="font-family:garamond;"><font size="5"> TdhiR8tC2eY Enjoy it! 35579