Windows 10: Mini DisplayPort fails with upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10

Discus and support Mini DisplayPort fails with upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I upgraded my Surface PRO 2 from 8.1 to 10, the mini DisplayPort would not work. I verified that Windows 10, drivers and firmware were all up to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by davidrights, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Mini DisplayPort fails with upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10

When I upgraded my Surface PRO 2 from 8.1 to 10, the mini DisplayPort would not work. I verified that Windows 10, drivers and firmware were all up to date. With help from MS service, the following worked:

• To open Device Manager, click Start, click Search programs and files, and then type Device Manager. A list of available matching items appears above the search box; click Device Manager. Device Manager opens with your computer name at the top and a list of devices that are installed on your computer beneath your computer name.
    • Locate the malfunctioning device in the list of devices, right-click the device, and then click Uninstall. When a warning message appears that you are uninstalling a device from your system, click OK. Device manager uninstalls the device.
    • Right-click your computer name in Device Manager and click Scan for hardware changes. Device manager scans your system and automatically reinstalls your device.
    • RESTART
    • Right-click the device and click Properties. On the General tab of the device Properties dialog box, in Device status, you should see the message This device is working properly.

Note that originally, I followed thru Step 2 and then did an Install from the Device Manager menu and this failed. I tried several times. However, Step 3 above "Scan for hardware changes" worked.

Other than that, the upgrade was seamless, with a few quirks, having to get used to a new interface plus MS Edge. I like IE just fine but now it seems to fail frequently when Edge is also active. I am one who liked Windows 8.1 just fine. Hopefully, I will like Windows 10 once I get used to it. Also, RoboForm will not work with MS Edge (Ugh!).

:)

davidrights, Sep 6, 2015
  2. HarryChoi Win User

After upgrade to Windows10 Surface 3 mini displayport not working

I upgraded my Microsoft Surface 3 from Windows 8 to Windows 10 over the weekend. The mini displayport worked fine before without any problem. But, now after the upgrade to 10, my displayport is not working. It's not picking up any monitor signal. For
    example, the Display port of the screen resolution thinks that there is no other monitor connected at all and I don't think is detecting the displayport. In the Device Manager, under Display Adaptors and under Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, it says, " Windows
    has stopped this device because it has reported problems". Is this graphics related to the mini displayport? What is the issue here?

HarryChoi, Sep 6, 2015
  3. Jussi P. Win User
    Windows 10 external monitor via surround receiver, no signal

Hi,

I have one monitor connected to AMD Radeon HD7950 via direct HDMI cable, and TV connected via Pioneer VSX-924 surround receiver using Mini-displayport-HDMI adapter (so mini-displayport-HDMI adapter from HD7950 to receiver,
    and normal HDMI cable from receiver to TV). On Windows 8.1 it works fine, but on Windows 10, the TV is no longer receiving signal. Windows 10 is detecting the TV device just fine, I can see it even in AMD Catalyst Control Center, but TV is just saying "No
    Signal". If I connect the mini-displayport-HDMI cable directly from HD7950 to TV, it works fine, so it only stops working when going via the surround receiver.

I have the latest Radeon version 15.7.1, and all updates installed to Windows 10. Is this Catalyst issue or Pioneer receiver issue or Windows 10 issue? Is there anything else I can do except wait for update to one or more
    of the three? I've since reverted back to Windows 8.1 as HTPC is useless if it cannot send signal to TV.

I tried removing Catalyst drivers and reinstalling everything, no help. I even did a clean Windows 10 installation, still the same behavior.

Jussi P., Sep 6, 2015
Thema:

Mini DisplayPort fails with upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10

1. Mini DisplayPort fails with upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Mini DisplayPort fails

2. Window 10 upgrade from 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 upgrade from 8: Can I upgrade direct from 8 to 10 I have tried updating to 8.1 but it is continually failing attached is a copy of my specs on this laptop Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-upgrade-from-8/b95452fa-dbf9-4d06-bcbe-60d52335c15a
  3. Window 10 upgrade from 8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 10 upgrade from 8: Can I upgrade direct from 8 to 10 I have tried updating to 8.1 but it is continually failing attached is a copy of my specs on this laptop Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-upgrade-from-8/b95452fa-dbf9-4d06-bcbe-60d52335c15a
  4. Upgrade Failed from Window 8 to WIndow 10. Please advise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Failed from Window 8 to WIndow 10. Please advise: Unable to upgrade from Windows 8 to 10Please assist https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-failed-from-window-8-to-window-10-please/2b40e48d-c99a-42c1-bf50-c9fe5bd24f12
  5. Upgrade Failed from Window 8 to WIndow 10. Please advise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade Failed from Window 8 to WIndow 10. Please advise: Unable to upgrade from Windows 8 to 10Please assist https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-failed-from-window-8-to-window-10-please/2b40e48d-c99a-42c1-bf50-c9fe5bd24f12
  6. upgrading to Windows 10 from 8

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrading to Windows 10 from 8: Hello, So I finally upgraded my dads windows 8 laptop to windows 10 because he's a stubborn old man who wouldnt do it when it was free.. That windows 8 version had face recognition password that he used to log in and cant remember the password he used to create that log...
  7. WiFi not working after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8. 1

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi not working after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8. 1: After I upgrade my windows 8.1 to windows 10 my WiFi is not working. When I restart also it isn't working. Randomly after I shutdown and start my laptop, it's working. Hope a quick solution for this issue. Thank you....
  8. Mini-DisplayPort (Thunderbolt 1) to Displayport external display not recognised in windows...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mini-DisplayPort (Thunderbolt 1) to Displayport external display not recognised in windows...: I am attempting to connect my 2012 unibody non-retina Macbook pro to an external display. MacOS runs flawlessly on the external display connected using a Mini-DisplayPort (mac-side) to DisplayPort (external monitor-side) cable. Windows 10, however, fails to recognize the...
  9. Upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10, fails installation

Upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10, fails installation: Hello i have a laptop with windows 8 and want to upgrade to windows 10 by the media creation tool after going though the steps of downloading and installing the upgrade with keeping personal files and apps when it says restarting it dose not restart and the blue windows 10...
  10. Upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10 fails

Upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10 fails: Hi! I've successfully updated to Windows 10 on my two Surfaces, but there is some kind of issue on my desktop PC. The upgrade process from Windows 8 fails at about 71% total (Installing features and drivers at 91%), and the error I get is: C1900101-40017 Windows...