Windows 10: Mini-DisplayPort (Thunderbolt 1) to Displayport external display not recognised in windows...

Discus and support Mini-DisplayPort (Thunderbolt 1) to Displayport external display not recognised in windows... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am attempting to connect my 2012 unibody non-retina Macbook pro to an external display. MacOS runs flawlessly on the external display connected using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WidowsFart, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Mini-DisplayPort (Thunderbolt 1) to Displayport external display not recognised in windows...

I am attempting to connect my 2012 unibody non-retina Macbook pro to an external display. MacOS runs flawlessly on the external display connected using a Mini-DisplayPort (mac-side) to DisplayPort (external monitor-side) cable. Windows 10, however, fails to recognize the display.

I have tried updating drivers for my graphics card (Intel HD Graphics 4000) and updating drivers for my display.

I have tried booting with the display connected as I read there were some issues with activating the Mini-DisplayPort (Thunderbolt 1 port). When I boot with the monitor plugged in I see the windows 10 boot animation on the external display but as soon as windows takes over from the boot loader the screen goes black.

I think this may be an issue with windows not actually being able to activate the mDP/Thunderbolt port itself. Possibly as an issue with drivers for the port. Any advice on this issue will be greatly appreciated.

:)

WidowsFart, Sep 27, 2019

2. thunderbolt 3 to displayport adapter

I have a problem with a thunderbolt 3 to displayport adapter. It's actually thunderbolt 3 to HDMI, though it conforms to the displayport spec. When I use my laptop without it connected like at home then put the laptop to sleep and I come into the office
    and connect it windows detects that it's connected but there is no signal on the monitor. I have 3 monitors and it doesn't matter which one it's connected to. Windows shows the monitor is active and is at the correct resolution. If I unplug the HDMI cable
    from the back of the monitor windows detects that the monitor was removed and it is no longer available. I have to reboot the computer to get it to work.

I'm not sure if it's the adapter because at this point it's the only thing I haven't swapped, well and the computer also. I don't have another laptop with a thunderbolt 3 to displayport capability to test with. I'm going to get another thunderbolt 3 to displayport
    adapter and see what happens, but I wanted to start this discussion before I get it to see if there are any possible solutions outside that.

I did force the monitor to default to the HDMI port. I also tried another HDMI cable, though I'm not surprised that didn't fix it.

Thanks,

John

JohnLong- [O365], Sep 27, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    StarTech Announces New DisplayPort to HDMI and Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapters

StarTech.com, a leading manufacturer of hard-to-find connectivity parts, has announced the availability of three new Active 4K-capable Video Adapters, which enable users to stream audio and video from their DisplayPort 1.2 or Mini DisplayPort 1.2-equipped computer to an HDMI-equipped TV, monitor or projector. The new adapters offer active signal conversion, which unlike passive video adapters does not require a multi-mode DisplayPort (DP++) source signal, greatly expanding compatibility options.

Mini-DisplayPort (Thunderbolt 1) to Displayport external display not recognised in windows... 70a_thm.jpg

StarTech.com's new DisplayPort and Mini DisplayPort to HDMI 4K adapters include the following:
    • DisplayPort 1.2 to HDMI 1.4 4K Adapter (SKU: DP2HD4KS). : MSRP: £31.25 (GBP exc. VAT) in the UK.
    • Mini Displayport 1.2 to HDMI 1.4 4K Adapter (SKU: MDP2HD4KS) : MSRP: £31.25 (GBP exc. VAT) in the UK.
    • Mini Displayport 1.2 to HDMI 1.4 Adapter - White (SKU: MDP2HD4KSW) : MSRP: £31.25 (GBP exc. VAT) in the UK.
    "These are the next generation of DisplayPort and Mini DisplayPort adapters. Although DisplayPort to HDMI and Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapters have been around for some time, these adapters are unique because they enable users to realise the full benefits of 4K display technology" said Karishma Punwani, Product Manager for StarTech.com's DisplayPort product line. "By taking advantage of 4K display technology which provides four times the resolution of high-definition 1080p, these adapters allow you to view your digital content (video and images) with astonishing detail and quality.

Features of the new adapters include:
    • Supports video resolution up to 4K (4096 x 2160 @ 30 Hz), stereoscopic 3D
    • Backward compatible with 1080p displays
    • 5.1 Surround Sound support
    • Fully compliant with DisplayPort revisions 1.2/1.1/1.0
    • Compatible with Intel Thunderbolt devices capable of outputting a DisplayPort signal
    • Compatible with video cards that are not capable of outputting DP++ (multi-mode) signals
    • DPCP (DisplayPort Content Protection) and HDCP (High Definition Content Protection) compliant
    The DisplayPort to HDMI and Mini DisplayPort to HDMI 4K adapters will be available from Insight, Misco, Amazon.co.uk and Dabs and is also distributed by Enta, Ingram Micro and Exertis Micro-P.

btarunr, Sep 27, 2019
  4. Mini-DisplayPort (Thunderbolt 1) to Displayport external display not recognised in windows...

thunderbolt 3 to displayport adapter

Hi John,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that inconvenience you are facing when the things may not work as expected.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

When the Thunderbolt 3 is used with certain eighth generation Intel processor-based Windows 10 systems, there is a possibility that the two USB 3.0 ports on the back of the dock (closest to the Ethernet port)
    may not be recognized properly by the operating system.

However, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and let us know if that helps.

1. Disconnect the pluggable Thunderbolt 3 dock from the system and remove its power cable to turn off completely.
    2. Uninstall the Intel ‘Thunderbolt Software’ present on your system via the Control Panel ->
      Programs and Features and restart the device once.
    3. Download and install the latest version of the Intel Thunderbolt Software published by your system manufacturer. If you are unable to obtain this download from your system manufacturer, you can download a version directly from Intel
      here -> https://downloadcenter.intel.com/do...-Driver-for-Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC8i7HNK-NUC8i7HVK
    4. Restart the system once again.
    5. Reconnect the power cable to the pluggable Thunderbolt 3 dock, and then reconnect the Thunderbolt 3 cable from the dock to your system.
    6. You should be prompted to authenticate/approve the dock. Follow the onscreen prompts for the completion of the process and check the status of the issue.

If the issue still persists I suggest you to get in touch with the
    Thunderbolt support for the further assistance.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

Mini-DisplayPort (Thunderbolt 1) to Displayport external display not recognised in windows...

1. Mini-DisplayPort (Thunderbolt 1) to Displayport external display not recognised in windows... - Similar Threads - Mini DisplayPort Thunderbolt

2. Windows DisplayPort external monitor sleep rearrange

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows DisplayPort external monitor sleep rearrange: I'm talking about this https://devblogs.microsoft.com/directx/avoid-unexpected-app-rearrangement/many articles have been written about this but meanwhile things still don't workI tried joining the Insider Program, but it didn't offer me any new updates. I feel like that...
  3. Windows DisplayPort external monitor sleep rearrange

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows DisplayPort external monitor sleep rearrange: I'm talking about this https://devblogs.microsoft.com/directx/avoid-unexpected-app-rearrangement/many articles have been written about this but meanwhile things still don't workI tried joining the Insider Program, but it didn't offer me any new updates. I feel like that...
  4. Windows DisplayPort external monitor sleep rearrange

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. displayport no signal

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    displayport no signal: everytime i turn on my pc my second monitorsays no signal and im using intel hd graphics https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/displayport-no-signal/5fd256eb-3660-4fd6-b723-8beb5f0254d0
  6. DisplayPort Status

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DisplayPort Status: I am trying to workaround a problems concerning Windows10 HotPlug detection. To do so, I would need to get a status of every DisplayPort of my PC. After some research, I can't really find my way to a solution. Is there any viable solution to get the said status by either...
  7. thunderbolt 3 to displayport adapter

thunderbolt 3 to displayport adapter: I have a problem with a thunderbolt 3 to displayport adapter. It's actually thunderbolt 3 to HDMI, though it conforms to the displayport spec. When I use my laptop without it connected like at home then put the laptop to sleep and I come into the office and connect it windows...
  8. Windows 10 External Monitor with DisplayPort Cable

Windows 10 External Monitor with DisplayPort Cable: Hello!! I have a Lenovo M715q. I am trying to connect a ThinkVision E24 External monitor to the computer. It does not recognize it or detect it. I've updated all of the Drivers. The monitor only has a VGA and DisplayPort Cable Input. I have a DisplayPort to...
  9. DisplayPort issues...

DisplayPort issues...: So recently, I received my brand new MSI RX 580 and after installing everything, I immediately started playing. At first, there weren't any issues but the next day Display Port was working very well in the sense that I had to restart my monitor many times so that it would...
  10. Does anyone recognise this connector? (USB? DisplayPort?)

Does anyone recognise this connector? (USB? DisplayPort?): One side is standard USB A-Type and the other is this (two different angles): [img] I'm not sure what device it came with, it's been in my cupboard a while.There is a USB 3.0 SS logo on it and it looks very similar to 'USB 3.0 B-Type' but the middle of the connector doesn't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 8.1 hdmi thunderbolt not working

2. imac mini display port win 10 driver