Windows 10: Mini Dump Results - New Thunderbolt NAS device

Discus and support Mini Dump Results - New Thunderbolt NAS device in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Ever since I got my new QNAP thunderbolt NAS going TVS-872XT via thunderbolt, my windows 10 system has been having numerous BSOD crashes per... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nick1097, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Nick1097 Win User

Mini Dump Results - New Thunderbolt NAS device

Hello,

Ever since I got my new QNAP thunderbolt NAS going TVS-872XT via thunderbolt, my windows 10 system has been having numerous BSOD crashes per day. I haven't been able to get a screen shot of the error code, but I have the minidump files. I've attached the most recent one here. Any idea as to the issue or a fix?

10/20 mini dump

:)

Nick1097, Oct 20, 2020

2. Windows 10 is not recognizing a Thunderbolt 2 device

Hi!

I've just bought a NAS (QNAP TVS-1282T) and a PC with the motherboard Gigabyte GA-X99-Designare EX.

The motherboard supports Thunderbolt 3 via USB Type-C connector and the NAS is Thunderbolt 2.

Once i connect the NAS via Thunderbolt 2 cable into the USB Type C port with this

Startech adapter
    i get this message: "the last usb device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows doesn't recognize it".

If i go to the device manager in Windows i see that under "USB Device (Universal Serial Bus)" there is a "Billboard Device" reporting an error with Code 10. (screenshot
    here
    )

(it's in italian. A literal translation would be: Impossible to start the device (Code 10). You specified an unexisting device)

I tried to click on it and automatically look for drivers, but it says that the device drivers are up to date.

The NAS works for sure, because if i connect it via thunderbolt on my girlfriend macbook it works.

So, how can i make this work via Thunderbolt 2 on my Windows PC?

I've spent 13K€ on this setup (NAS + PC), you can imagine i cannot work without Thunderbolt!

Additional details:

- Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X99-Designare EX. Bios Version F3. All drivers installed. It supports Thunderbolt 3

- Windows 10 Version 1511, Build OS 10586.633

- Gigabyte tech support said a Thunderbolt 2 device would work with this Motherboard using that adapter. I've asked them before buying all this stuff

Thanks for your help

AlbertoFontana90, Oct 20, 2020
  3. thunderbolt 3 to displayport adapter

Hi John,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that inconvenience you are facing when the things may not work as expected.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

When the Thunderbolt 3 is used with certain eighth generation Intel processor-based Windows 10 systems, there is a possibility that the two USB 3.0 ports on the back of the dock (closest to the Ethernet port)
    may not be recognized properly by the operating system.

However, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and let us know if that helps.

1. Disconnect the pluggable Thunderbolt 3 dock from the system and remove its power cable to turn off completely.
    2. Uninstall the Intel ‘Thunderbolt Software’ present on your system via the Control Panel ->
      Programs and Features and restart the device once.
    3. Download and install the latest version of the Intel Thunderbolt Software published by your system manufacturer. If you are unable to obtain this download from your system manufacturer, you can download a version directly from Intel
      here -> https://downloadcenter.intel.com/do...-Driver-for-Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC8i7HNK-NUC8i7HVK
    4. Restart the system once again.
    5. Reconnect the power cable to the pluggable Thunderbolt 3 dock, and then reconnect the Thunderbolt 3 cable from the dock to your system.
    6. You should be prompted to authenticate/approve the dock. Follow the onscreen prompts for the completion of the process and check the status of the issue.

If the issue still persists I suggest you to get in touch with the
    Thunderbolt support for the further assistance.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Oct 20, 2020
  4. ronfucci Win User

Thunderbolt 3 USB Devices, Device Mgr and Thunderbolt Drivers

One topic that may be helpful to thunderbolt 3 users on Win 10. For various reasons you can have thunderbolt 3 usb - c port hardware installed on your win 10 box and may not see thunderbolt 3 drivers present in the device mgr. One reason for this is
    the thunderbolt drivers are not installed. If the hardware is recognized by the bios and the thunderbolt driver is not installed you should see a device called the base system device. Installing the correct thunderbolt driver will then replace the base system
    device with the thunderbolt controller device.

ronfucci, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Mini Dump Results - New Thunderbolt NAS device - Similar Threads - Mini Dump Results

2. BSOD with mini dump file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with mini dump file: Hey there. I'm having issues with BSOD happening quite a bit. I was able to get a mini dump file. Could someone help me translate the errors please? Thank you in advance.Here is a link to my mini dump file:...
  3. BSOD mini dump hidusb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD mini dump hidusb: Hi, can anyone tell me how to troubleshoot this error? For analysis of this file, run !analyze -vnt!KeBugCheckEx:fffff805`2bff90f0 48894c2408 mov qword ptr [rsp+8],rcx ss:fffff805`31883c90=00000000000001330: kd> !analyze...
  4. Mini Dump Analysis

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mini Dump Analysis: Could someone please tell me what this mini-dump says caused my computer to crash and reboot unexpectedly. The computer was not in use at this time and only a browser Brave was open plus all the apps running in the...
  5. Mini Dump Analysis

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mini Dump Analysis: Could someone please tell me what this mini-dump says caused my computer to crash and reboot unexpectedly. The computer was not in use at this time and only a browser Brave was open plus all the apps running in the...
  6. Mini Dump Analysis

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Mini Dump

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mini Dump: My computer has lately been crashing and rebooting in a cycle when playing games. I think it is an issue with the memory dump file and have messed with the settings like various YouTube video's have. The file is still not showing up. Any advice?...
  8. mini dump and bsod

in Windows 10 Customization
    mini dump and bsod: Why am i not getting one minidump ! at system failure i have checked Write an event to the system log and Automatically restart. write debugging information Small memory dump 256 KB Small dump directory %SystemRoot%\MiniDump but still i am not getting one and I'm fricking...
  9. Mini Dump Analysis PLEASE!

Mini Dump Analysis PLEASE!: Hello Microsoft Community, I have a DELL Laptop that is dumping... the mother board has been replaced a few times, but I don't want it replaced again if the motherboard and its components are not the issue. Wondering if someone could do a stack dump analysis for me ......
  10. Mini dump

Mini dump: Can anyone analyze my mini dumps and tell me what they mean here they are theres 3 of them https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap7fz_7nVtBulGIWvCwznEGngvFS?e=Y2iN5R https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mini-dump/8e370380-ebcd-46e2-9086-6c0405902635