Windows 10: Mini-Tool Partition Wizard Riskware?

Discus and support Mini-Tool Partition Wizard Riskware? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Mini tool is up to date and for the last 2-3 times I ran it, Malware Bytes is reporting Malicious Website, Cateroty:Riskware from them. False positive... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by meebers, Sep 10, 2018.

1. meebers Win User

Mini-Tool Partition Wizard Riskware?

Mini tool is up to date and for the last 2-3 times I ran it, Malware Bytes is reporting Malicious Website, Cateroty:Riskware from them. False positive I hope.

:)

meebers, Sep 10, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

HDD Partition issues

Your method will work if OP just want to delete the obsolete partitions. However, The partition scheme will not be standard. In addition:
    1. You will need to use reagentc to fix the Recovery.
    2. Why install Mini Tool when he's already have Macrium installed and can be done in couple of steps
    3. Mini Tool will not allow to resize the 128MB MSR partition back to 16MB MSR as standard with Windows 10 installation.
    4. With a non standard partition scheme, there's no garantee that it will work for future update/upgrade as seen in so many threads with Windows OEM

With that said. It is up to OP to decide which way he wants to clean up. We only provide the options.

topgundcp, Sep 10, 2018
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Sep 10, 2018
  4. badrobot Win User

Partitioning My Hard Drive Without Losing Data

Download any of the suggested programs above and fire up Youtube for a step by step instruction. Easus is a good software. But I personally use MiniTool Partition Wizard.

It will only take 5 minutes to become a professional hard drive partitioner. *Smile

badrobot, Sep 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Mini-Tool Partition Wizard Riskware? - Similar Threads - Mini Tool Partition

2. Windows Update Mini-Tool

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Mini-Tool: Hello,Can 'Windows Update Mini-Tool' do the updates while off-line, from an update file downloaded earlier from the MS catalog ?I am doing the security updates regularly, and when running this mini tool (once a month) it finds them again to be installed.Answers will be...
  3. Windows Update Mini-Tool

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Update Mini-Tool: Hello,Can 'Windows Update Mini-Tool' do the updates while off-line, from an update file downloaded earlier from the MS catalog ?I am doing the security updates regularly, and when running this mini tool (once a month) it finds them again to be installed.Answers will be...
  4. Mini tool partition wizard

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Mini tool partition wizard: I have used the free version of Mini tool partition wizard for years, and it has performed flawlessly. Not any more, sadly, the new version is a shadow of its former self. Also I found when loading a fresh one there was malware included which Malwarebytes and WD both...
  5. Mini tool partition wizard a threat?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Mini tool partition wizard a threat?: I have Mini Tool Partition Wizard on all my pc's. When I opened the free version on this pc, it prompted me to update to the latest version which was not unexpected, and as I went through the update process which was exactly the same as updates in the past, Windows Security...
  6. MiniTool Partition Wizard 11.6 New Released : Spanish & Data Backup Added

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MiniTool Partition Wizard 11.6 New Released : Spanish & Data Backup Added: MiniTool Partition wizard 11.6 New Released, For the new version, it has added Spanish as an optional language. It can be installed online and provides the free backup software MiniTool ShadowMaker and updates the Data Recovery module to its latest build. Spanish Language...
  7. spyware//riskware/detected

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    spyware//riskware/detected: I keep getting a voice and screen telling me that a malicious spyware/riskware/detected and call 1 888 638 1643. I will NOT call it. I need HELP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/spywareriskwaredetected/412ef197-219e-4bad-ad52-b8c56d5393a2
  8. Mini Tool Partition Wizzard & McAfee

Mini Tool Partition Wizzard & McAfee: I noticed that when doing an update to Mini Tool Partition Wizard, that McAfee Web Advisor will try and install along with it if you don't uncheck it first. Did an Adobe Flash update yesterday and McAfee Web advisor tried to install with it also. *Eek 127216
  9. Using mini tool partition wizard to migrate from HDD to SSD

Using mini tool partition wizard to migrate from HDD to SSD: I notice there is a migrate OS to SSD option in Mini tool partition wizard. What I want to do is to move only the System and C partition ( which contain Windows 10 and programs ) to the SSD. The HDD capacity is 1 TB vs 500GB for the SSD The HDD is partitioned into System (...
  10. Partition Wizard MBR to GPT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Partition Wizard MBR to GPT: Hi, Attempting to convert a Win 10 64bit installation from MBR to GPT on a Dell E6410 using PartitionWizardPro v10 on a bootable USB. I have ended up with a system which will not boot. I have not used this software before and feel a bit out of my depth here. Before...