Windows 10: Mini tool partition wizard

Discus and support Mini tool partition wizard in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have used the free version of Mini tool partition wizard for years, and it has performed flawlessly. Not any more, sadly, the new version is a shadow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by tinmar49, Jul 27, 2020.

1. tinmar49 Win User

Mini tool partition wizard

I have used the free version of Mini tool partition wizard for years, and it has performed flawlessly. Not any more, sadly, the new version is a shadow of its former self. Also I found when loading a fresh one there was malware included which Malwarebytes and WD both detected.
    I mostly use it for cloning the 500 Gb ssd in my laptop to an external USB3 drive, I have two, a 500 Gb WD Scopio Black, and the original Seagate 1Tb from the laptop. The laptop will accept either of these drives with the minimum of fuss if the ssd ever gives trouble.
    Yesterday, I tried two free drive imaging programs, Paragon, and Drive image XML, both failed after a few minutes. When I had a working copy of MTPW, it used to perform the cloning during a restart.
    Any advice on getting a free cloning program would be appreciated.

:)

tinmar49, Jul 27, 2020
  2. tinmar49 Win User

Mini tool partition wizard a threat?

I have Mini Tool Partition Wizard on all my pc's. When I opened the free version on this pc, it prompted me to update to the latest version which was not unexpected, and as I went through the update process which was exactly the same as updates in the past, Windows Security killed it dead. Trying to find out more, I couldn't find any reference to the actual name of the program. Any*Eek thoughts?

tinmar49, Jul 27, 2020
  3. Using mini tool partition wizard to migrate from HDD to SSD

I notice there is a migrate OS to SSD option in Mini tool partition wizard.

What I want to do is to move only the System and C partition ( which contain Windows 10 and programs ) to the SSD. The HDD capacity is 1 TB vs 500GB for the SSD

The HDD is partitioned into System ( 128mb ) , C ( where OS resides is approx 108GB) , F G etc
    System + C is less than 110GB.

If I elect to chose the Move OS to another disk and keep the original HDD option ,
    Will Minitool partition wizard only copy system and C over to the SSD ?

sportflyer, Jul 27, 2020
  4. RolandJS Win User

Mini tool partition wizard a threat?

Tinmar49, exactly where did that download come from? MiniTool Partition Wizard, both free and fee, are available from MiniTool web site www . minitool.com / partition-manager / partition-wizard-home . html.
    I suspect the other version is in a quarantine bucket in one or more of the security programs you use. Most allow restore, however, you might be better off to download and use the one directly from MiniTool.

RolandJS, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Mini tool partition wizard - Similar Threads - Mini tool partition

2. Windows Update Mini-Tool

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Mini-Tool: Hello,Can 'Windows Update Mini-Tool' do the updates while off-line, from an update file downloaded earlier from the MS catalog ?I am doing the security updates regularly, and when running this mini tool (once a month) it finds them again to be installed.Answers will be...
  3. Windows Update Mini-Tool

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Update Mini-Tool: Hello,Can 'Windows Update Mini-Tool' do the updates while off-line, from an update file downloaded earlier from the MS catalog ?I am doing the security updates regularly, and when running this mini tool (once a month) it finds them again to be installed.Answers will be...
  4. Mini tool partition wizard a threat?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Mini tool partition wizard a threat?: I have Mini Tool Partition Wizard on all my pc's. When I opened the free version on this pc, it prompted me to update to the latest version which was not unexpected, and as I went through the update process which was exactly the same as updates in the past, Windows Security...
  5. MiniTool Partition Wizard 11.6 New Released : Spanish & Data Backup Added

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MiniTool Partition Wizard 11.6 New Released : Spanish & Data Backup Added: MiniTool Partition wizard 11.6 New Released, For the new version, it has added Spanish as an optional language. It can be installed online and provides the free backup software MiniTool ShadowMaker and updates the Data Recovery module to its latest build. Spanish Language...
  6. AOMEI Partition Wizard What a POS !!!!

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    AOMEI Partition Wizard What a POS !!!!: Hi folks I can´t say this enough but this (AOMEI) is about the worst POS I've ever seen for so called sensible software which does absolutely NOTHING it says on the tin It lists as one of its features that it can extend a Windows partition without requiring a re-boot --...
  7. Mini Tool Partition Wizzard & McAfee

Mini Tool Partition Wizzard & McAfee: I noticed that when doing an update to Mini Tool Partition Wizard, that McAfee Web Advisor will try and install along with it if you don't uncheck it first. Did an Adobe Flash update yesterday and McAfee Web advisor tried to install with it also. *Eek 127216
  8. Mini-Tool Partition Wizard Riskware?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Mini-Tool Partition Wizard Riskware?: Mini tool is up to date and for the last 2-3 times I ran it, Malware Bytes is reporting Malicious Website, Cateroty:Riskware from them. False positive I hope. 117645
  9. Using mini tool partition wizard to migrate from HDD to SSD

Using mini tool partition wizard to migrate from HDD to SSD: I notice there is a migrate OS to SSD option in Mini tool partition wizard. What I want to do is to move only the System and C partition ( which contain Windows 10 and programs ) to the SSD. The HDD capacity is 1 TB vs 500GB for the SSD The HDD is partitioned into System (...
  10. Partition Wizard MBR to GPT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Partition Wizard MBR to GPT: Hi, Attempting to convert a Win 10 64bit installation from MBR to GPT on a Dell E6410 using PartitionWizardPro v10 on a bootable USB. I have ended up with a system which will not boot. I have not used this software before and feel a bit out of my depth here. Before...