Windows 10: Miniatures not showing anymore on flac files

Discus and support Miniatures not showing anymore on flac files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I've got a strange problem : miniatures don't display anymore atop flac files, reverting to the generic proram icon. The W10 Pro PC is clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fyl, Dec 3, 2017.

1. FYL
    fyl Win User

Miniatures not showing anymore on flac files

Hi all,

I've got a strange problem : miniatures don't display anymore atop flac files, reverting to the generic proram icon. The W10 Pro PC is clean and properly configured, all files have proper Vorbis/ID3 tags and a folder.jpg file is present (the problem is the same with embedded folder.jpg files).

The same files in different formats (.wav or .ape) properly display the miniatures.

This happened after two updates : W10 KB4051963 and portable foobar2000 to v1.3.17. I believe that Foobar2000 (not my default player) is the culprit here, but I've not changed it's configuration/settings.

Any idea on how I can get back the miniatures displaying properly atop files ?

:)

2. Emilsky Win User

Groove displays "Unknown Artist"

Sorry, I should have mentioned that.

I'm using FLAC format.

I just compared an simple mp3 file which displays correctly in Groove to one of my Flac files and the tags are exactly the same, and yet .mp3 is displaying artist no problem, .flac shows "unknown artist". Problem with reading FLAC then?

Emilsky, Dec 3, 2017
  3. FLAC tag/metadata reading in WMP on Windows 10

With Windows 10 comes FLAC support (finally!), but I've noticed that when I load FLAC music into the Windows Media Player library, all of the songs show as having an "unknown year" as well as the Contributing Artist section appearing blank.

All my files are correctly tag (used MP3tag which supports many audio formats). From a bit of reading on the internet it seems to be caused by WMP not correctly reading the tagging information of the FLAC files. When trying to retrieve the year of a song,
    the player tries to read from the YEAR tag of the FLAC file, but FLAC files DON'T use YEAR as a tag, but instead they use the DATE tag, so the player is trying to read something that doesn't exist in the file and I'm assuming that's the same problem with the
    CONTRIBUTING ARTISTS tag as well.

This seems to be an oversight by the developers who must've assumed FLAC files use all of the same tags as other audio formats. Does anyone know of a solution for this in order to get the media player to read correctly?

yourma2000, Dec 3, 2017
  4. FYL
    fyl Win User

Solved. Oh well, for whatever reason Foobar2000 had messed with the registry, removing flac-related info from some sections in the hive. Reinstalling dbpoweramp brought back things to normal or so it seems.

Thema:

1. Miniatures not showing anymore on flac files - Similar Threads - Miniatures showing anymore

2. Thumbnails are showing for FLAC files but not MP3

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnails are showing for FLAC files but not MP3: Hi, Yesterday I installed and uninstalled a couple of trial video converters and after that my MP3 thumbnails simply stopped working.I tried all I could find, including the solutions on the thread below but nothing worked. I also tried doing a system restore, but I keep...
  3. Missing Tags on FLAC Files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing Tags on FLAC Files: Hey, y'all. I recently migrated from MacOS to WIndows and brought my small library of FLAC music with me. Pretty much everything has been seamless with the exception of two files. In Explorer and Groove, they appear to have no tags, yet in Mp3tag and VLC they do. Every other...
  4. Change flac file to mp3 file

Change flac file to mp3 file: So I Just downloaded a song from discord and it's a flac file, i want it to be a mp3 file, how can I change it? submitted by /u/JDOGGoNE1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lkfc3h/change_flac_file_to_mp3_file/
  5. PDF and DOCX miniatures not showing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PDF and DOCX miniatures not showing: Hello all. First of all : Windows 10 Family; V 1903; Date 7/10/2019; System expl. 18362.1139 Secondly: Can anyone help me with this irritating problem that I've been trying to resolve for a while. That is to say, certain PDF and DOCX files refuse to show their miniatures in...
  6. Moving miniature windows.

Moving miniature windows.: [ATTACH] Is there any simple way to switch the position between the miniature windows as shown below. As I have to do it now is move the actual program windows thus causing me to have to move the actual content as well....
  7. Explorer won't show metadata from FLAC files

Explorer won't show metadata from FLAC files: [ATTACH] The title sums it pretty much. I include an image for clarification. Is it possible to fix it? How? Note how MP3 work perfectly submitted by /u/thmasker [link] [comments]...
  8. FLAC files and Groove Music

FLAC files and Groove Music: Hi! A few days ago I installed the 2004 update, and I have problems with FLAC files and its metadata; Groove Music created an "Unknown Album" album with many songs wich metadata is correct, but when I went to my music folder this files didn't have, apparently, metadata, if I...
  9. No popups for FLAC files

in Windows 10 Support
    No popups for FLAC files: When I hover the mouse cursor over an MP3 file, a little info box pops up. [img] I don't get it for FLAC files. [img] Is there a way to get it? Thanks in advance. 125285
  10. Ripping CD to FLAC - File Size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ripping CD to FLAC - File Size: Hi I hope this is the correct place for this question. I've done a couple of test rips to replace to rip my CDs onto a NAS for playback, previously I have used MP3 but now have the space to use a lossless codec such as FLAC. I'm using Windows Media Player to do the rip....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. flac tag is not stop display display anymore

2. miniatures ot showing