Windows 10: Minidump logs are in Unreadable Unicode Symbols

Discus and support Minidump logs are in Unreadable Unicode Symbols in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I would like to submit a minidump log to get technical help on a persistent BSOD “PnP Detected Fatal Error.” I cannot, however, because the logs are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MarlaMcCullough, Aug 16, 2021.

1. Minidump logs are in Unreadable Unicode Symbols

I would like to submit a minidump log to get technical help on a persistent BSOD “PnP Detected Fatal Error.” I cannot, however, because the logs are in unreadable Unicode symbols. I cannot find a setting or other solution that makes the logs readable. Would appreciate any help getting the logs to read in ordinary English script.In case others are having this problem: For several weeks my computer has been crashing with a “PnP Detected Fatal Error” BSOD. It occurs most often when I try to shut down the computer. The blue screen collects 100% and then hangs so that

:)

MarlaMcCullough, Aug 16, 2021

2. MiniDumps

Can someone please execute these minidumps and post back the information i can't get the symbols to work on vista. ( the minidumps are from windows xp service pack 2)

Thanks

digitalerr0r, Aug 16, 2021
  3. Unicode Hindi

There is no option for the question mark symbol when we type by switching to the keyboard to Unicode Hindi. Every time I have to type the symbol then I have to switch to the English option. I was wondering if either the option of the symbol could be added
    any other alternative could be suggested which can be applied as a short cut.

Many thanks.

Aishwarj

AISHWARJKUMAR, Aug 16, 2021
  4. Paulr Win User

Minidump logs are in Unreadable Unicode Symbols

Unicodes and language packs

Several work arounds can be found at http://www.johndcook.com/blog/2008/0...rs-in-windows/
    1. as I suggested above, U+(hexcode) Alt-X
    2. edit a registry key and hold down the Alt key while entering the code on the numeric keypad
    3. download the free utility called UnicodeInput, which pops up with the Alt-+ key
    None of these are useful on my Surface Pro virtual keyboard which is missing both the Alt key numeric keypad *Sad

Paulr, Aug 16, 2021
Thema:

Minidump logs are in Unreadable Unicode Symbols

1. Minidump logs are in Unreadable Unicode Symbols - Similar Threads - Minidump logs are

2. Unicode Symbols/ Greek Letters in Filename -UTF-8 Language settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unicode Symbols/ Greek Letters in Filename -UTF-8 Language settings: Hi Microsoft community,I'm working on a project to integrate some international users Greek into our existing services. I'm looking for more information/suggestions about the "Use UTF-8 for worldwide language support." option within Windows 10.This option is found under...
  3. Unicode Symbols/ Greek Letters in Filename -UTF-8 Language settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unicode Symbols/ Greek Letters in Filename -UTF-8 Language settings: Hi Microsoft community,I'm working on a project to integrate some international users Greek into our existing services. I'm looking for more information/suggestions about the "Use UTF-8 for worldwide language support." option within Windows 10.This option is found under...
  4. Window power menu unreadable - garbled and symbols

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window power menu unreadable - garbled and symbols: Has anyone see this issue before? If so, is there a quick fix for this or a complete windows re-install is required? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-power-menu-unreadable-garbled-and-symbols/ab10b0e2-f66f-4b55-9811-688375314205
  5. Window power menu unreadable - garbled and symbols

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window power menu unreadable - garbled and symbols: Has anyone see this issue before? If so, is there a quick fix for this or a complete windows re-install is required? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-power-menu-unreadable-garbled-and-symbols/ab10b0e2-f66f-4b55-9811-688375314205
  6. Notepad problem - English turned into gibberish/unreadable symbols

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Notepad problem - English turned into gibberish/unreadable symbols: Hi, Recently did a clean installation of Windows 10 October 2020 Update. Edition --> Windows 10 Home Single Language Version --> 20H2 Installed on --> ‎20-‎12-‎2020 OS build --> 19042.685 Experience --> Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0 Previously i had...
  7. I need help with unicode I see the symbols as squares

in Windows 10 Customization
    I need help with unicode I see the symbols as squares: https://imgur.com/gallery/E12NVRQ I have looked for solutions everywhere and two days ago I tried to fix it but it is not possible so if there can be someone to help me please...
  8. Written script on facebook is being changed to unreadable symbols

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Written script on facebook is being changed to unreadable symbols: The writing on my page keeps changing to symbols, I don't believe it is another language. I keep using the translator to change it back to English but it just keeps changing back again. This started on its own...
  9. Unicode Hindi

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unicode Hindi: There is no option for the question mark symbol when we type by switching to the keyboard to Unicode Hindi. Every time I have to type the symbol then I have to switch to the English option. I was wondering if either the option of the symbol could be added any other...
  10. UNICODE PROBLEM no unicode.....

in Windows 10 Support
    UNICODE PROBLEM no unicode.....: there is no unicode on windows 10 help please and paint it black. 13183