Windows 10: MiniDv tape capture not working...

Discus and support MiniDv tape capture not working... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The title basically says it all. I have a firewire card in my PC and a firewire cable connected into it and the other end connected to my sony dsr... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by wriswork, Jul 13, 2019.

1. wriswork Win User

MiniDv tape capture not working...

The title basically says it all. I have a firewire card in my PC and a firewire cable connected into it and the other end connected to my sony dsr PD170. I go on premiere pro and try to import the footage but the software just freezes for some reason, but goes back to normal if I disconnect the cable from my camera or firewire card it loads again. also, premiere pro, winDv and old version of movie maker usually wont even detect the camera to begin with! Any help is appreciated!

:)

wriswork, Jul 13, 2019

2. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Jul 13, 2019
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

keep us posted. i'll be interested in this as i've been wanting to do one for a while.

Chicken Patty, Jul 13, 2019
  4. MiniDv tape capture not working...

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

MiniDv tape capture not working...

1. MiniDv tape capture not working... - Similar Threads - MiniDv tape capture

2. VSDC Game Capturing Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VSDC Game Capturing Not Working: Whenever I Choose the "game capture" mode and join Roblox it never seems to detect that im in the game.This also only doesnt work in roblox, ive tried minecraft and it workedAny help is very appriciated...
  3. Xbox bar capture not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox bar capture not working: So I have been trying using this Xbox capture, but I just can't press it when I open the capture GUI. I even tried pressing windows+G, windows+alt+R. Yet nothing worked, I just want to record my gameplays and piano vids.I'm using windows 11...
  4. download tapes to computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    download tapes to computer: Hi All, I want to download tapes into my PC, and then burn onto disc, I am seeing that this may not be as simple as I thought, being a bit of a comp dunmmy. I see I need a "CONVERTER" what is the best and safest one for windows please. Thanks...
  5. transferring video from minidv tape

transferring video from minidv tape: I have an old canon 40 Elura. The software is not compatible with window 10 and canon does not have any. How can i transfer my old movies to my computer without the software?...
  6. Removal of streaks dots and lines from video captured from VHS Cassette Tape

Removal of streaks dots and lines from video captured from VHS Cassette Tape: Hallo Can you help I've a portion of videotape recorded via a capture card for processing to DVD. Before the processing can go ahead, there are segments of the tape what plays back as perfect and segments what present with dots as you see in the example. [ATTACH]...
  7. miniDV video transfer to PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    miniDV video transfer to PC: I have a lot of old miniDV tapes I want to store as digital files on my PC. How should I best connect my equally old Sony Handycam Model DCR-HC42 to my Surface Pro 6? I shall be using 4-pin to 6-pin iEEE 1394 cable in the iLink output jack on the camcorder. How do I get the...
  8. PC not recognising my old minidv camcorder

PC not recognising my old minidv camcorder: Have connected an external camcorder and plugged into a usb port on my Windows 10 PC via firewire/usb cable. My first attempt at capturing precious old family videos currently recorded on minidv. No camera showing in device manager, and nothing showing under 'imaging devices'...
  9. VHS Tape Conversion and Capture

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VHS Tape Conversion and Capture: Looking for best way to download and store old VHS videos on my Windows 10 computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vhs-tape-conversion-and-capture/df4723eb-1d97-4256-9528-5e081fb993db"
  10. Tape backup software

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Tape backup software: What are current recommendations for this please? I use an Ultrium-4 drive on a server and iSCSI connection from a booted CD to take image backups of all the machines here at home, but dd isn't the best of backup utilities *Smile I can't afford a PetaByte disk array so...