Windows 10: miniDV video transfer to PC

Discus and support miniDV video transfer to PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a lot of old miniDV tapes I want to store as digital files on my PC. How should I best connect my equally old Sony Handycam Model DCR-HC42 to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FredBurke, Apr 12, 2020.

1. FredBurke Win User

miniDV video transfer to PC

I have a lot of old miniDV tapes I want to store as digital files on my PC. How should I best connect my equally old Sony Handycam Model DCR-HC42 to my Surface Pro 6? I shall be using 4-pin to 6-pin iEEE 1394 cable in the iLink output jack on the camcorder.

How do I get the signal from the 6-pin end of that cable into my Surface?

I also have another laptop as an option to use in this video transfer project. It is a Dell XPS 15 9570, and has more RAM and more SSD storage than the Surface.

Thank you

:)

FredBurke, Apr 12, 2020

2. Video Transfer

I'm trying to transfer old family videos from miniDV to my computer for touching up and burning to dvd. It seems my camera has been deemed "extinct" being sony no longer has a driver to support it. Does anyone know of an effective and hopefully inexpensive
    way of transferring videos to windows 10?

Weightmanf, Apr 12, 2020
  3. PC not recognising my (old minidv) camcorder

Have connected an external camcorder and plugged into a usb port on my Windows 10 PC via firewire/usb cable. (My first attempt at capturing precious old family videos currently recorded on minidv). No camera showing in device manager, and nothing showing
    under 'imaging devices' other than my printer. Please help. Thanks!

JohnHicks50, Apr 12, 2020
  4. Dan Calic Win User

iPhone/PC video transfer issue

I have an iPhone 8 and a Win10 PC. I'd like to record a video message on my iPhone and then transfer it to my PC and be able to edit it?

Suggestions?

Dan Calic, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

1. miniDV video transfer to PC - Similar Threads - miniDV video transfer

2. Error in playing/transferring videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error in playing/transferring videos: Hi. Earlier today I was copying two videos from my laptop to my flash drive. I went to the bathroom for a second and I came back to my flash drive completely yanked from the port, thanks to my sister. When I put the flash drive back in, it suggested a scan and repair and a...
  3. How to connect my Sony MiniDv camcorder to PC with Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to connect my Sony MiniDv camcorder to PC with Windows 10?: When I connect my Sony DCR-HC14E camcorder to my Windows 10 PC using either firewire-USB connector the camera is not recognized. I have also tried to connect to the camera via Sony's "Play Memories" software and I can't get the camera recognized. How can I get the video on...
  4. transferring video from minidv tape

transferring video from minidv tape: I have an old canon 40 Elura. The software is not compatible with window 10 and canon does not have any. How can i transfer my old movies to my computer without the software?...
  5. Transfer of Video to Iphone

Transfer of Video to Iphone: I took a video on Canon Ixus camera and would like to transfer to iPhone 7. The video is to large to Mail 94Mb and will not transfer either by Bluetooth or USB connection. Anybody help ?...
  6. PC not recognising my old minidv camcorder

PC not recognising my old minidv camcorder: Have connected an external camcorder and plugged into a usb port on my Windows 10 PC via firewire/usb cable. My first attempt at capturing precious old family videos currently recorded on minidv. No camera showing in device manager, and nothing showing under 'imaging devices'...
  7. Transfering videos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfering videos: How to transfer an already created video in Microsoft Photos to another media, i.e. a thumb drive/DVD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfering-videos/dcabad45-d94e-49c8-aa9c-71aae78e435b"
  8. Windows phone doesn't transfer videos to my PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows phone doesn't transfer videos to my PC: As soon as I take photos on my phone they show up in OneDrive and on my PC. But I can't find the videos I took on my phone. I already changed the setting on the phone to include videos on OneDrive....
  9. MiniDv tape capture not working...

MiniDv tape capture not working...: The title basically says it all. I have a firewire card in my PC and a firewire cable connected into it and the other end connected to my sony dsr PD170. I go on premiere pro and try to import the footage but the software just freezes for some reason, but goes back to normal...
  10. Video Transfer

Video Transfer: I'm trying to transfer old family videos from miniDV to my computer for touching up and burning to dvd. It seems my camera has been deemed "extinct" being sony no longer has a driver to support it. Does anyone know of an effective and hopefully inexpensive way of...