Windows 10: “minimal BASH like line editing is supported” Grub error

Discus and support “minimal BASH like line editing is supported” Grub error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm getting this error “minimal BASH like line editing is supported” when I try to to install GNU-LinuxKali OS as a dual boot. Can anyone help me in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by S K D, Mar 23, 2020.

1. S K D Win User

“minimal BASH like line editing is supported” Grub error

I'm getting this error minimal BASH like line editing is supported” when I try to to install GNU-LinuxKali OS as a dual boot. Can anyone help me in a easy understandable way?

I had earlier elementary OSGNU-Linux as a dual boot.

Thanks

:)

S K D, Mar 23, 2020
  2. BhavyaP C Win User

Issue in booting with Dual Boot in windows 10

Thank You All,,,

On pressing power button will land up with a black screen containing message as below.

"Minimal BASH-like line editing is supported. For the first word, TAB lists possible command completions. Anywhere else TAB lists possible device completions.

grub> _"

I tried navigating to boot menu but no use.

BhavyaP C, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Make Windows 10 Bootloader Override Windows 7 Bootloader/GRUB

Now after running into two different grub errors, my PC refuses to boot from anything. First I got the grub error no such partition, so I booted from Ubuntu 17.10 install disk and reinstalled Ubuntu 17.10, removing the previous installation of Ubuntu 17.10. After resinstalling, I booted once, and grub appeared normally, I think I also booted into Windows 10 from grub and ever after that, I can no longer boot period. I get this:

GNU GRUB version 0.97 (593K lower / 523264K upper memory)
    [ Minimal BASH-like line editing is supported. For the first word, TAB lists possible command completions. Anywhere else TAB lists the possible completions of a device/filename. ]

I've tried booting from Windows 7 & 10, Ubuntu 17.10, 18.04 & DBAN (hdd wipe) disks with no success. Now what? (trying the grub commands from this link:

How to recover lost GRUB bootloader in Linux

didn't work).

Nutty User, Mar 23, 2020
  4. “minimal BASH like line editing is supported” Grub error

Broken window boot manager

Hello everyone

So I was trying to delete a os from my computer (I had two on it). But I decided to keep Windows and delete the other one. I missed a step on resetting everything. And I think window boot manager isn't working because when I started my computer back up it
    shows a black screen with the title "GNU GRUB version 2.02 beta2-Ubuntu3" and right below that text is "Minimal BASH-like line editing is supported. For the first word, TAB list possible command completions. Anywhere else TAB lists possible device or file
    completion." Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks

DannySchectman, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

“minimal BASH like line editing is supported” Grub error

1. “minimal BASH like line editing is supported” Grub error - Similar Threads - “minimal BASH line

2. A minimize all line disappeared.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A minimize all line disappeared.: I used to have a line at the very bottom right of my screen on taskbar, it would minimize all applications and reopen them when you would click it again. When I went to use it yesterday it would not appear or just exist. I'm not sure whether this is a bug or not, but I cannot...
  3. A minimize all line disappeared.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A minimize all line disappeared.: I used to have a line at the very bottom right of my screen on taskbar, it would minimize all applications and reopen them when you would click it again. When I went to use it yesterday it would not appear or just exist. I'm not sure whether this is a bug or not, but I cannot...
  4. Recognizing pip with bash command line

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recognizing pip with bash command line: For those who are using the Windows subsystem for Linux, how do you make sure it recognizes pip? I might be confused, but I can access pip for my python development within cmd, but my installation of Ubuntu from the app store doesn't seem to see it and just says the command...
  5. Bash terminal like iTerm2?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bash terminal like iTerm2?: Hi all -- this may be a loaded question, so I apologize in advance for sounding ignorant, but I have looked into this off and on for the past few months and have finally decided to post the question here. The story is this: I do a bit of computer programming for work,...
  6. GNU GRUB - Minimal bash-like editing is supported error keeps showing up on my windows 10...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    GNU GRUB - Minimal bash-like editing is supported error keeps showing up on my windows 10...: 2 years ago, I had installed Kali Linux on my windows 10 machine, so now it was a dual boot system. I formatted the partition back then the one with Kali and had been using Windows 10 ever since. Today when I started my system, it showed this error: [IMG] I'm personally okay...
  7. Minimal BASH-like editingis supported

Minimal BASH-like editingis supported: [IMG][IMG]When I want to install windows 10 on the HDD I get an error: no such device and an error: unkown file system.I tried to fix it according to the instructions, but every time I check the partition, it throws out an unknown fule system picture.I don't know now if I...
  8. "Minimal BASH-like line editing is supported..." Problem

"Minimal BASH-like line editing is supported..." Problem: Hi, I was using Ubuntu's the lastest version as my second OS, then I deleted it from my computer while using my Windows 10. After that, my computer could not boot itself again. I tried to boot it while using USB, but it did not work. My computer did not see Windows Boot...
  9. On line support

in Windows 10 Customization
    On line support: I have an hp desktop with Windows 10 and an xfinity wifi. About a week ago I stopped being able to get on line. I have reset my pc and comcast has also reset my pc plus they rebooted my wifi. Nothing has worked. I set up another computer and I couldn't get on line with that...
  10. Bash window and last command line after CU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bash window and last command line after CU: After creators update, bash window does not update last command. ie .bash_history not getting updated. Any reason? Any way to solve it? 84780

Users found this page by searching for:

1. minimal bash line editing is supported windows 10

2. Boot Manager: Now Loading ... DONE. Minimal BASH-like line editing is supported. For the first word TAB lists possible command completions. Anywhere else TAB lists possible device or file completions.

3. minimal bash-like line editing is supported answers microsoft

4. minimal bash windows,
  5. minimal bash-like line editing is supported win 10,
  6. ubuntu gnu grub minimal bash like line editing is supported