Windows 10: MInimalist win10 possibility

Discus and support MInimalist win10 possibility in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had been reluctant to upgrade my win7 system since it has so many tweaks that make the interface look just like win98, which is something I prefer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by johnhoh, Apr 9, 2019.

1. johnhoh Win User

MInimalist win10 possibility

I had been reluctant to upgrade my win7 system since it has so many tweaks that make the interface look just like win98, which is something I prefer. Then I remembered I had an old 8.1 pro key still in the box so last weekend I cloned the win7 system to a backup disk and did a fresh install of 8.1. Now after running classicshell, making several hours of registry tweaks, icon personalizations, and running some anti-telemetry scripts this 8.1 system looks exactly like my win7 system did. Which leads me to wonder is it similarly straightforward (for an experienced techie) to get win10 stripped down to look the same way? All input appreciated.

:)

johnhoh, Apr 9, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 9, 2019
  3. waves Win User
    Im a minimalist

your desktop reminds me when my comp encountered system event notification errors

there are actually nice minimalist wallpapers out there for minimalists

waves, Apr 9, 2019
  4. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

1. MInimalist win10 possibility - Similar Threads - MInimalist win10 possibility

2. How to replace Bing AI button with the minimalist image?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to replace Bing AI button with the minimalist image?: Hello,Few days ago Bing AI button appeared in my search bar on task bar, replacing the minimalist image that was previously there. Is there any way to bring it back? It's still there on my work computer, issue is only on my personal laptop....
  3. WIN10- no more downloads possible! How that??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIN10- no more downloads possible! How that??: Dear friends, I've been plagued by system manipulations from the outside for a long time. Recently, downloading via browser and saving images is no longer possible. I have already switched off Kaspersky, Malwarebytes and VPN as a test - that's not the reason. Now I...
  4. WIN10- no more downloads possible! How that??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIN10- no more downloads possible! How that??: Dear friends, I've been plagued by system manipulations from the outside for a long time. Recently, downloading via browser and saving images is no longer possible. I have already switched off Kaspersky, Malwarebytes and VPN as a test - that's not the reason. Now I...
  5. WIN10- no more downloads possible! How that??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. iMessage on Win10 Possible?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    iMessage on Win10 Possible?: Is there anyway to get iPhone iMessages on Windows 10? submitted by /u/OneBananaMan [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fcjpv5/imessage_on_win10_possible/
  7. Windows 10 Minimalistic Shells

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Minimalistic Shells: Hi All, I am building an embedded type image with Windows 10 IoT and I need a way or a shell that removes the start menu, taskbar, etc... I need Windows to be in a state if the users get rid of the program that is running in the foreground they can't easily access system...
  8. Possible to open MEMO- files in Win10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Possible to open MEMO- files in Win10?: Hi there! I have made some important sound recordings on my Samsung phone, the audio files are stored in the file type ".memo". Is there a safe and simple (without having to download strange apps...) way to open/ read this files in windows 10? Thanx! BRG/ Örjan. 125103
  9. Im a minimalist

in Windows 10 Customization
    Im a minimalist: Just plain black screen for me with some system sounds cut off (alerts and things) since I work on my pc late at night/morning. [img] I do have a really functional Google chrome screen though if anyone wants to copy that. [img] 13731
  10. Win7 to Win10 Possibilities?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win7 to Win10 Possibilities?: Anyone exploring the possibilities of moving from Win7 to Win10 upon release. Anyone with experience with Win10 can share insights for Win7 users - probably done before, but haven't seen much lately (mainly just Win8 to Win10). Thanks 3589

Users found this page by searching for:

1. minimalistic windows 10