Windows 10: Minimising & full screen mode problems

Discus and support Minimising & full screen mode problems in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is something that is driving me crazy *Confused So I thought I would share & hope someone has found a problem. 2 systems identical other than... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gmunday, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Gmunday Win User

Minimising & full screen mode problems

This is something that is driving me crazy *Confused So I thought I would share & hope someone has found a problem.

2 systems identical other than the CPU, 1 is FX 8350 & the other is FX 8370.
    Anyways. System A I use & have had windows 10 installed, updated along with other software I use & so forth. The other, System B I freshly installed windows 10 only, no apps or software other than 1 game I play on system A.
    So, My problem is full screen mode & random minimisation of full screen windows. Both systems randomly minimise any full screen windows be it movies or games & both have problems with full screen modes on any game. When I first load up any game full screen, all is as it should be. However if I have to minimise to desktop or the system does it for me against my will, when I maximise the game again, its bigger than my actual screen. I have to disable full screen mode within the games settings & re enable it to fix this.

I've googled & I'm not the only one with this problem & it is really really annoying *Mad

So, anyone got any ideas?

:)

Gmunday, Sep 10, 2016
  2. VsUK Win User

Random minimising & incorrect full screen sizes

I'm experiencing 2 very annoying problems. The first one is windows 10 is randomly minimising full screen windows. I have no idea what's causing it but something is loading or happening as I caught my mouse cursor with the loading icon next to it for a
    split second after it minimised. This happens on another machine with windows 10 installed, updated & then removed from the net to install a game to try. It's not the game as it's windows 10 compatible & worked perfectly on windows 7 also.

The 2nd problem is exasperated by the first. This is just for full screen mode on games really. When I maximise again clicking on the minimised tab. It comes back bigger than my actual screen size. So part of it is missing off the bottom off my screen.

Never had this issue before until windows 10.

3. Beezqp Win User
    Full screen games / programs minimimising randomly for no reason.

Problem occuring since Insider Preview - still not fixed.

Some programs running in full screen mode randomly minimise back to desktop at some times. Makes gaming impossible. Please, don't tell me to run "sfc/scanhealth" or DISM... - it's your "solution" for all the problems. It doesn't help.

Hundreds of people have the same issue.

Beezqp, Sep 10, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

I only have a question: is the problem with Maximize or Full Screen? They are different where Maximize/Restore is the middle icon at top right of a window and Full Screen is the F11 key used to toggle between Full Screen and not Full Screen. Full Screen gives more "real estate" for programs, hides some of the tool/menu bars.

Berton, Sep 11, 2016
  5. Gmunday Win User
    It's both. Ever since installing windows 10, it randomly minimises full screen windows like games or movies.

Now, I've only experienced this with games. But when you maximise a game to full screen after it's been minimised, it restores bigger than your actual screen size, so you lose part of the screen on the bottom.

1 problem is increasing the other problem by random un wanted minimisation of any full screen windows, be it movies or games.
    This never happened on Windows 7 & it even happens on a bare windows 10 with no other apps installed other than a game or so to test. No internet access either.

Now, I've googled & many have the random minimising problem & also found some experiencing the maximisation size problem.

Gmunday, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Minimising & full screen mode problems - Similar Threads - Minimising full screen

2. Full screen mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Full screen mode: When im playing fifa my windows randomly exits full screen mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/full-screen-mode/86d6b229-11ed-4bd3-b518-c92a0dc90bc2
  3. Start full screen mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start full screen mode: Hi everyone, In win 10, ver 20h32, in the mode of "Start full screen", I want to set the app list as default for every time open start menu, what should i do? Please help. Thank you. In default, the 'Pinned app list' is shown in DEFAULT, but I want to change it to full...
  4. Can I quickly minimise or exit a full screen game ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I quickly minimise or exit a full screen game ?: Hi I wanted to know how I can minimise full screen games or if that's not possible how to close them fast? submitted by /u/Shadow8779 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kouecy/can_i_quickly_minimise_or_exit_a_full_screen_game/
  5. Active programs/windows are deactivated and full-screen games are minimised to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Active programs/windows are deactivated and full-screen games are minimised to desktop: Hello, as stated simply in the subject, active programs are deactivated and full-screen games are minimised to desktop, once per boot-up. I've read related issues and I must add that this is not random, it happens once after certain amount of time while running a game,...
  6. Problem with HDR in full screen mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with HDR in full screen mode: In full screen games HDR mode gets disabled and all the colors are washed out. But in Windows Mode HDR mode gets enabled and the SDR game runs in HDR https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-hdr-in-full-screen-mode/d28365a6-3efc-464a-bc48-7714efbf781b
  7. No audio in full screen mode

No audio in full screen mode: Intel NUC I5-4250 connected to a Samsung TV with a HDMI cable Intel HD Graphics 5000 with latest drivers installed SAMSUNG Intel Display Audio Windows 10 1803 Build 17134.471 Google Chrome 71.0.3578.98 Since the last Windows update, as soon as I watch a video (from...
  8. Tweak to disable minimising full screen apps when USB is unplugged

Tweak to disable minimising full screen apps when USB is unplugged: Hello, I was wondering is there's a tweak/setting to disable full screen applications from minimising when a USB device is unplugged. For example, when my phone is plugged in and charging, sometimes it will randomly disconnect, which results in my game being minimised....
  9. Hyper-V Full Screen after minimising session?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V Full Screen after minimising session?: I know yu can alter the hyper-v configuration files so it starts in full screen mode, but if you minimise a session to the taskbar, and maximise again, it always reverts to windows mode rather than full screen mode, and you have to manually set to fullscreen again Anybody...
  10. Full Screen Mode Question ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Full Screen Mode Question ?: Hi, Just can't seem to find the right key for this. Have a few programs that open up in the Full-Screen mode. What do I press to go back to the "normal" screen size, please ? Thanks, B. 47144