Windows 10: Minimize Chrome to taskbar with click

Discus and support Minimize Chrome to taskbar with click in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have always been able to minimize applications to the taskbar when clicking on that icon on the taskbar but lately Google Chrome wouldn't (every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kansas-dude, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Minimize Chrome to taskbar with click

I have always been able to minimize applications to the taskbar when clicking on that icon on the taskbar but lately Google Chrome wouldn't (every thing else minimizes when clicking on it)

I can click on the Chrome icon on the taskbar to open the browser but when I click on the Chrome icon again, the browser will not minimize down (every thing else does though)...could it be something in Windows Settings?

:)

kansas-dude, Jul 22, 2019
  2. JanJan Win User

chrome + taskbar autohide problem

So i set my taskbar autohide. whenever chrome is in fullscreen, when i hover around the corner, the taskbar wont appear. It works with other browsers....

JanJan, Jul 22, 2019
  3. Jay Jap Win User
    Taskbar icons blinking when using Chrome

Hello,

We need to do further investigation on your concern so that we can identify why the Taskbar is blinking when you are using Google Chrome.

• Have you recently made any change/updates prior to this issue?
    • Is the said browser pinned in the Taskbar?
    • If so, have you tried unpinning it from the Taskbar?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try to run the Compatibility troubleshooter to isolate the issue. Here's how

• Right-click the Google Chrome browser.
    • Click-on Properties.
    • Click-on the Compatibility tab.
    • Click-on the Run compatibility troubleshooter button.
    • Choose Try recommended Settings.
    • Click-on the Test the program button to check if it is the same.
    • Hit Next, then choose the next option, depending on the results of the test.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Jul 22, 2019
  4. Solaris17 Win User

Minimize Chrome to taskbar with click

chrome + taskbar autohide problem

it happens to me on and off. i usually fix it for the session by minimizing and re maximizing chrome. i find that it happens alot if iv downloaded something. even with the download bar gone (and when its present) the bar doesnt like to show up.

Solaris17, Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

Minimize Chrome to taskbar with click

1. Minimize Chrome to taskbar with click - Similar Threads - Minimize Chrome taskbar

2. Randomly Cannot Click Icons on Taskbar and/or Minimize, Maximize or Close Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Randomly Cannot Click Icons on Taskbar and/or Minimize, Maximize or Close Windows: Hello,For about a month or so now, I cannot remember exactly when, my computer randomly will not let me click on any pinned icons on the taskbar and even minimize/close open windows. I have a brand new computer with Windows 11 Home so this is very frustrating, to say the...
  3. Clicking taskbar icon does not minimize app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clicking taskbar icon does not minimize app: When I click on a taskbar icon of a program I'm viewing it doesn't minimize. My old computer did this. Is there a setting I can change to make this happen?...
  4. Clicking taskbar icon does not minimize app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicking taskbar icon does not minimize app: When I click on a taskbar icon of a program I'm viewing it doesn't minimize. My old computer did this. Is there a setting I can change to make this happen?...
  5. Clicking taskbar icon does not minimize app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. I have several chrome windows running and minimized, but when I click on the Chrome icon on...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have several chrome windows running and minimized, but when I click on the Chrome icon on...: I used to be able to see the open windows by hovering over the chrome icon but that is no longer present. I am only able to get to open windows by hovering over the Task View icon on my task bar and clicking on that. I have checked to see that sticky keys aren't turned on. I...
  7. Cannot click taskbar or window minimize, maximize, and close icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot click taskbar or window minimize, maximize, and close icons: Since the last week the computer has gone into a mode where the taskbar and window interaction icons cannot be clicked. Chrome tabs cannot be interacted with. Keyboard navigation works. The Mouse doesn't seem to have anything to do with it-- neither external mouse nor...
  8. Google chrome icon on taskbar duplicates when clicked

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Google chrome icon on taskbar duplicates when clicked: Hi, I recently noticed that when I click on my chrome icon that is pinned to my taskbar, the chrome icon duplicates and the application opens in the duplicated icon. The original icon does nothing. I tried unpinning the original icon and pinning the new icon to the taskbar....
  9. Windows minimizing and reappearing on clicks?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows minimizing and reappearing on clicks?: A few nights ago I accidentally buried my computer in viruses with one click. Whatever, happens, it was my fault. I removed them all in safe mode but a lot of my windows settings seemed off still. So, I reformatted my SSD to try and fix the problem, but it's still there....
  10. When left clicked icons in taskbar do not minimize

in Windows 10 Support
    When left clicked icons in taskbar do not minimize: It used to be that when you had a window open you could minimize it by clicking it corresponding icon in the task bar. that feature appears to no longer work and you must open each window individually and go to the minimize icon in that window to minimize it. or you can hover...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. google chrome suddenly minimizes