Windows 10: Minimize Edge, and it disappears?

Discus and support Minimize Edge, and it disappears? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hey guys/gals, I'm on Windows 10 Pro Build 14316.rs1_release, 160402-2217. Every time I minimize the Edge Browser, it minimizes fine, but then I go... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by shadow2201, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Minimize Edge, and it disappears?

Hey guys/gals,

I'm on Windows 10 Pro Build 14316.rs1_release, 160402-2217. Every time I minimize the Edge Browser, it minimizes fine, but then I go to click on the edge logo on my taskbar, and it pulls up a new window, I can't get back to the window I had open before. I've tried deleting and re-adding the shortcut to my taskbar, I've restarted, etc. Any thoughts? Anyone else having this issue? It's only with Microsoft apps(I just checked like the calculator, calendar, alarm clock, etc. All of them, if you minimize them, they just disappear. Can't find them again.

Thanks

:)

shadow2201, Apr 17, 2016

2. I can't minimize windows edge browser in Windows 10

I was unable to find the option to minimize edge in response to your statement

"Do you not see the option to minimize Microsoft Edge or it does not respond when clicked?"

Aryan Malhotra AM, Apr 17, 2016
  3. Microsoft Edge Minimized

I have Microsoft Edge minimized. What I want to do is right click on the Microsoft Edge icon and then left click on the word "Microsoft Edge" and have a new page come up. It works on Internet Explorer. I get no error messages. I have went to setting and
    cleared my cache. I hope you can understand what I am trying to do. Thank You, Kenny Bass

KennethBass_843, Apr 17, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Minimize Edge, and it disappears?

You are right.
    Same happens to my 14316. Both regarding Edge and Apps.

davidhk, Apr 17, 2016
  5. At least it's not only me. It frustrates me, because I minimize a lot of windows during the day, keep things open that I don't necessarily need right away or all the time. I mean I use Firefox as my main browser, but extras I just throw into edge, might just have to use a 2nd Firefox window for now and wait to see if it gets fixed or where my windows are going at least!

shadow2201, Apr 17, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    I am going back to earlier build.
    I'll set it to Slow ring and wait for a new build.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Minimize Edge, and it disappears?

1. Minimize Edge, and it disappears? - Similar Threads - Minimize Edge disappears

2. A minimize all line disappeared.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A minimize all line disappeared.: I used to have a line at the very bottom right of my screen on taskbar, it would minimize all applications and reopen them when you would click it again. When I went to use it yesterday it would not appear or just exist. I'm not sure whether this is a bug or not, but I cannot...
  3. A minimize all line disappeared.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A minimize all line disappeared.: I used to have a line at the very bottom right of my screen on taskbar, it would minimize all applications and reopen them when you would click it again. When I went to use it yesterday it would not appear or just exist. I'm not sure whether this is a bug or not, but I cannot...
  4. minimize/maximize disappear

in Windows 10 Customization
    minimize/maximize disappear: on windows taskbar, I can "X" out of a screen, but there is no longer a minimize - or maximize -screen function, just the "X". What did I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minimizemaximize-disappear/5859e95b-8b5b-4ee7-ad05-328a843e6f7f
  5. Windows disappear when minimized

Windows disappear when minimized: I am currently using version 1909, Windows 10. Since the upgrade, I am able to open an app window but I am unable to minimize my window without it disappearing. The app icon does not appear on the taskbar, therefore, I cannot retrieve it. It appears that the app window has...
  6. Desktop disappeared and can't minimize screens

Desktop disappeared and can't minimize screens: I did an update and now all my desktop shows apps and not my icons. And I can't do short cuts nor minimize screens. I have tried various solutions I have found on the internet and NOTHING is working. Very frustrated and wasting alot of my time. :(...
  7. Edge closes when minimized

in Browsers and Email
    Edge closes when minimized: Hello, while I am online and if I minimize the window, Edge closes. This seems to be happening after the most recent update to Windows Defender. Can someone help? Thank you 120625
  8. Edge closes when minimized

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge closes when minimized: Hello, while I am online and if I minimize the window, Edge closes. This seems to be happening after the most recent update to Windows Defender. Can someone help? Thank you 120625
  9. Websites disappearing when minimized

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Websites disappearing when minimized: New computer with Windows 10 Home. If I minimize a webpage, it closes and doesn't show up on the taskbar. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/websites-disappearing-when-minimized/9d4d5a6e-98dc-4810-bc27-047c801c3a25
  10. Minimizing App Window Causes it to Disappear

in Windows 10 Support
    Minimizing App Window Causes it to Disappear: Kind of strange problem. I'm on a dual monitor system 4K & HD monitors with latest win10 Pro x64. I have an app I want to run on my HD monitor, but it launches to my 4K monitor maximized. Normally, all I have to do is minimize it and move it to the other monitor and size or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge window disappears

2. when i minimize edge it disappears

3. every time i go to open minimized IE tab it closes and restarts

4. internet browser disappears after minimizing,
  5. every time i minimize edge it closes,
  6. microsoft minimize window and it disappears,
  7. calculator disappears when i minimize it,
  8. my minimize disappeared on microsoft edge,
  9. minimize microsoft edge and it disappears,
  10. edge disappears when minimized,
  11. minimize window disapears,