Windows 10: Minimize folder after search back to search

Discus and support Minimize folder after search back to search in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I have a problem with Windows 10 1909 18363.592.Weird behavior with file search after opening folder. 1 Open a folder with explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Zigo&Zago, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Zigo&Zago Win User

Minimize folder after search back to search

Hi everyone, I have a problem with Windows 10 1909 18363.592.Weird behavior with file search after opening folder.

1 Open a folder with explorer file.

2 Search a file.

3Close search.

4Minimize folder on taskbar.

Eventually I get the folder back to search on its own.

Any ideas or HF?

Thanks.

Regards.

:)

Zigo&Zago, Jan 20, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. rtwjunkie Win User
    Search Question

Which is why I suggested he try there instead. TPU is too limited of a user base to search here alone for anything gaming related.

rtwjunkie, Jan 20, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Search Question

I've done some searching on here over the years, and mostly been aggravated at the results. Case in point: 5 minutes ago I went to search for anyone having issues with 5.1 audio on Wolfenstein new order. So, I started simple with
    New Order
    . that didn't go well. So, I swapped to "New Order". That gave me this result

Search Results for Query: "new order"
    • The following words were not included in your search because they are too short, too long, or too common: new
    Is there any way to change or improve our search engine? Or is there a better way to search for something like that?

Ahhzz, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Minimize folder after search back to search - Similar Threads - Minimize folder search

2. Search Files and Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search Files and Folders: Why does Windows 11 make it harder to search for and move files and folders? I see no option for moving files when I right click on one. When I try to narrow a search for video files in a particular folder, not all of the files show up. Who does Microsoft get to test the Beta...
  3. A bug when minimizing a window after a search

in Windows 10 Customization
    A bug when minimizing a window after a search: After a search, when I minimize or restore the window, the search reappears. See more clearly in the recording. https://youtu.be/9z1Vvs6_p34 Thanks...
  4. pop-up window for search will not minimize

in Cortana
    pop-up window for search will not minimize: Running windows 10 with the search bar and when in use, the pop-up screen will not minimize and I have to restart my computer to get rid of it. What is the fix?...
  5. can't search folders after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can't search folders after update: I can literally type in the exact name of folders and files and it still says there are no results anybody have ideas or the same problem? submitted by /u/LikelyAFox [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jl71te/cant_search_folders_after_update/
  6. Minimizing file explorer sends it back to search mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Minimizing file explorer sends it back to search mode: With latest Windows 10 update currently I'm having 2004, if you search in File Explorer and do "open folder/file location", and then minimize the explorer window, it will automatically roll back to original search status. Steps to reproduce this bug: 1. Open File Explorer...
  7. Searching For A Minimal Windows Explorer Alternative

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Searching For A Minimal Windows Explorer Alternative: Do you guys know a minimal windows explorer alternative? It doesn't need to be full of features, or anything, just a really clean looking file explorer with the least amount of buttons for it to still be usable. Thank you in advance! submitted by /u/csumpasd [link]...
  8. Minimalize Search panel in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Minimalize Search panel in Windows 10: Hello. Could somebody help me with this? I dont know what should i turn off else to change search panel looks. Turned off everything about Start menu, search panel also. But its still looks huge on half of a screen. I would like to get small search panel. Thank you....
  9. Searching folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Searching folders: When I search a folder for a word or number, I get one or more files. When I search for exactly the same word or number in the file, I sometimes get a NOT FOUND result. How is that? Am I doping something wrong?...
  10. Searches Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Searches Folder: Under pc>user there is a folder called "searches." There are two sub folders under searchers called 'everywhere' an 'indexed locations.' There is over 128,000 items in everywhere. Is it safe to delete either of this sub folders contents? 90039

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Minimizing file explorer sends it back to search mode