Windows 10: Minimized programs / apps cannot be opened with latest Windows 10 update

Discus and support Minimized programs / apps cannot be opened with latest Windows 10 update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, Since I has updated to the latest Windows 10 update 01 July 2020 I seem to be having an issue with minimized programs which is directly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Francois_Is_Me, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Minimized programs / apps cannot be opened with latest Windows 10 update

Hi there,

Since I has updated to the latest Windows 10 update 01 July 2020 I seem to be having an issue with minimized programs which is directly affecting my efficiency to complete work.

I am unable to open minimized programs in this new update, if 2 or more documents / tabs are open in the same program. For someone, and I'm assuming most people, who work with multiple programs and tabs daily - this can be a big problem.

The issue occurs when I have 2 or more tabs open in the same program open - for instance, if I have 2 documents open in Microsoft word, and I attempt to "maximize" a minimized tab again, the action is denied No pop-up error, simply unable to click to open the tab.

Is anyone possibly experiencing the same issue or is it localized to my device?

Any assistance is much appreciated,

Kind regards,

:)

Francois_Is_Me, Jul 6, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 6, 2020
  3. a6naf Win User
    Auto-minimizing of some programs, not able to bring out of minimized state

I have been have some strange issues for a while now, in that certain programs are unwilling to open in any state other than minimized. It started with Steam, not the whole program but messages from a single friend always remaining minimized. It has now
    progressed to the friends list always remaining minimized as well as several other friends' messages being sometimes minimized. This morning it started happening to every Chrome page I tried to open. The page opens in minimized form and cannot be pulled up
    on the screen in any way. This happens regardless of what other programs are open or how many times the program is opened. I have tried re-installing Chrome and restoring the computer to about a week ago. As this is no longer confined to a single program I
    am convinced that there is a setting somewhere in Windows 10 that is causing this despite the fact that I have not been altering any settings. I have been using Windows 10 for months without significant problems, but this is getting ridiculous. Any suggests
    for resolving this would be much appreciated.

a6naf, Jul 6, 2020
  4. Minimized programs / apps cannot be opened with latest Windows 10 update

Restore minimized: both email AND open message

Hello John,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft forums and apology for the delayed response.

I understand that you were able to perform an easier way of minimizing and opening email program and open email in earlier version of Windows, now in Windows 10 you are not able to perform the same task.

I would suggest you to send us a feedback regarding this through Windows 10 feedback app. This will help us in improving Windows 10 as per your requirements.

You may follow the steps below to send us feedback through Feedback app.

• Open Start Menu.
    • Type Feedback in search.
    • Click on Windows feedback to open Feedback app and follow the prompts and share your feedback.
    For any further assistance with Windows, please feel free to write us back, we'll be glad to assist you.

Mann_Manohar, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

Minimized programs / apps cannot be opened with latest Windows 10 update

1. Minimized programs / apps cannot be opened with latest Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Minimized programs apps

2. Windows 10 - apps and programs not opening.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - apps and programs not opening.: Recently my PC has stopped opening certain apps. The loading screen of the application I'm trying to open always pops up and loads all the way but it seems the application crashes immediately. Sometimes after a few restarts of my PC the program starts working fine. I've...
  3. Windows 10 - apps and programs not opening.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - apps and programs not opening.: Recently my PC has stopped opening certain apps. The loading screen of the application I'm trying to open always pops up and loads all the way but it seems the application crashes immediately. Sometimes after a few restarts of my PC the program starts working fine. I've...
  4. Windows 10 - apps and programs not opening.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10: Minimizing Programs Randomly

Windows 10: Minimizing Programs Randomly: I was playing Plague Tale: Innocent, and somehow the computer kept minimizing the game. I don't know what causes this issue, but right before that my keyboard keys did open some random programs I managed to eliminate this issue by pressing some key combination someone told...
  6. Cannot open image files after latest Windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot open image files after latest Windows 10 update.: July 13, 2021—KB5004237 OS Builds 19041.1110, 19042.1110, and 19043.1110 I believe is the latest update to my computer. After installing it, I can no longer open .JPG, .PNG or .BMP files. All I get is a blank window. If I try to "right-click" the image file to select "open...
  7. apps are not opening in the latest win 10 update

apps are not opening in the latest win 10 update: It has been a prevalant problem in my pc that with the latest october windows update many of my most used and favorite apps are just not opening while they worked perfectly fine just before. this is more prominent with programs downloaded from internet through reliable...
  8. Cannot open programs on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot open programs on Windows 10: Hi, I have a Surface Pro with Windows 10 and something happened to it over the weekend. I couldn't get my desktop to show up and wasn't able to do anything. So I decided to do a reset on it. After the reset, I couldn't open any programs. - Can't open the Windows console...
  9. Cannot Open Zip Files after Latest Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Open Zip Files after Latest Windows 10 Update: After the update, I am not able to open my zip files that mainly contain jpg files from my gmail. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-zip-files-after-latest-windows-10/fd01b2a4-5f4b-4e17-a48d-4644fa663236"
  10. How to minimize programs in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    How to minimize programs in Windows 10: Hello, In all the previous windows, you could right click a program on your taskbar, and select minimize. Why did windows 10 remove this feature? How are you supposed to minimize programs now??? I dont want to minimize all programs, or show the entire desktop... I want to...