Windows 10: Minimized Programs with Two Monitors

Discus and support Minimized Programs with Two Monitors in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there a way to minimize a window only to the task bar of of its respective monitor? For example, using two monitors, if I have a google chrome... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bret_leary1, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Minimized Programs with Two Monitors

Is there a way to minimize a window only to the task bar of of its respective monitor?

For example, using two monitors, if I have a google chrome window open on each screen, when I minimize the window on my left monitor, I want to only be able to access it it from the task bar of the left monitor.

:)

bret_leary1, Apr 16, 2020

2. How to actually start program minimized in Windows 10?

Steps i tried to make program (for example: Thunderbird) to load on startup, but minimized:

1. Placed shortcut under: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
    2. In a shortcut properties i've checked "minimized"

Rebooted windows, it does start, but MAXIMIZED! Can't make it minimized, just like on MacOS i could set it hidden.

Alexander Kim, Apr 16, 2020
  3. a6naf Win User
    Auto-minimizing of some programs, not able to bring out of minimized state

I have been have some strange issues for a while now, in that certain programs are unwilling to open in any state other than minimized. It started with Steam, not the whole program but messages from a single friend always remaining minimized. It has now
    progressed to the friends list always remaining minimized as well as several other friends' messages being sometimes minimized. This morning it started happening to every Chrome page I tried to open. The page opens in minimized form and cannot be pulled up
    on the screen in any way. This happens regardless of what other programs are open or how many times the program is opened. I have tried re-installing Chrome and restoring the computer to about a week ago. As this is no longer confined to a single program I
    am convinced that there is a setting somewhere in Windows 10 that is causing this despite the fact that I have not been altering any settings. I have been using Windows 10 for months without significant problems, but this is getting ridiculous. Any suggests
    for resolving this would be much appreciated.

a6naf, Apr 16, 2020
  4. Minimized Programs with Two Monitors

Minimization of all open programs uncontrollably

So since the windows 10 update my laptop has been minimizing all open programs and files constantly and against my will it started at about every 15 to 20 minutes (I know there is already a thread for this but im having other issues as well that I wanna
    know if they are related or not)... in the last week I've noticed that outta the blue my laptop isn't showing any open programs at all but my external monitor does. My laptop will only show the desktop but my monitor will have my games/files open... and shortly
    after that started all open programs and files started minimizing at a faster rate then before... over the last week the minimization rate has gone from every 15 minutes to every 30 to 45 seconds... Im barely able to use my laptop please help I've tried many
    many diff things to fix this issue including everything suggested on the other thread...

Darkangelcc16, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

Minimized Programs with Two Monitors

1. Minimized Programs with Two Monitors - Similar Threads - Minimized Programs Monitors

2. minimize a program on run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minimize a program on run: I am trying to launch a music app on startup which uses the windows android emulator. I did the thing where you go into the startup folder and properties and set the run dropdown to minimized. That works, except it only works on the shortcut which launches music. Basically,...
  3. minimize a program on run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    minimize a program on run: I am trying to launch a music app on startup which uses the windows android emulator. I did the thing where you go into the startup folder and properties and set the run dropdown to minimized. That works, except it only works on the shortcut which launches music. Basically,...
  4. Two monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Two monitors: I set up my computer with two monitors. Now my main monitor keeps reverting to #2 and my second smaller monitor is #1. How do I change it back or can I? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-monitors/d65b6e9d-404b-4b0a-bd12-9c6730983432
  5. Two Monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two Monitors: I had two monitors working on my computer and the second one stopped working after an update. I switched HDMI cords and check all connections still not working. Maybe the HDMI Driver needs updating?? Thank you for your help. John...
  6. Two Monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two Monitors: Why will Windows 10 not recognize my 2 Monitor? When I ask to detect my 2nd Monitor, I get not recognized from Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-monitors/71a83057-d4ae-4864-8f2c-98f4aa9e7403
  7. Minimize programs and restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Minimize programs and restore: Another problem I'm finding with 10 is as follows. With 7 it was easy to minimize an open program. It disappeared to Explorer and could be clicked on and restored. Under 10 you can minimize, but only the first one is recognized. If you minimized a second program it supplants...
  8. Two monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Two monitors: I connected two monitors to my Lenovo H50-55. One with a Vga cable, the other with an HDMI cable. The size of the monitors is different but resolution is the same. One is an LG analog the other an insignia digital set to fit the screen. Now I have both running (more or less)...
  9. Two Monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    Two Monitors: Newbie question re setting up two monitors: is it possible to a different program running on each monitor, e.g., to have an Acrobat file up on one and SketchUp running on the other? If so, can someone tell me how? The dual monitor set up options I've found don't include what...
  10. Programs on 2nd monitor (extended display) minimize to primary

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs on 2nd monitor (extended display) minimize to primary: I am running W10 Pro 1607 14393.10. This problem has occured in earlier builds. I have a 2nd monitor that I have set as an extended display. I usually keep Adobe Reader open to view pdf as I work. If I leave my pc and return to enter password, it is not fully sleep - it...