Windows 10: Minimized

Discus and support Minimized in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I click on minimize what ever I am working on, I can never find it again. I click on it, it seems to go down and to the left, where do I go to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jstghost, Apr 13, 2019.

1. jstghost Win User

Minimized

When I click on minimize what ever I am working on, I can never find it again. I click on it, it seems to go down and to the left, where do I go to bring it back so I can work on it or re read it ? earlier windows made life easy this is not easy?

:)

jstghost, Apr 13, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Apr 13, 2019
  3. redwdc Win User
    Minimized windows don't restore properly

Hi Caledon thanks for the reply

I'll go through it all step by step

1. I open TC (Total Commander or I could say LibreOffice)
    2. I minimize TC
    3. I click on TC on the task bar to restore it
    4. Nothing appears to happen
    5. I open the old program "Desk Lite" and center all windows
    6. I find TC as pictured in my first post

Desk Lite does not install it's totally self contained. I had not even had it on my laptop at all until after the problem started.

Also, I had 1607 on it which is when the problem started. I had a second, larger SSD which I had been thinking of putting in the laptop so I thought I'd put it in and reinstall Windows 10 as a fresh install from an ISO I d/led from Dell. This put 1511 on the system and the problem persists.

Edit: I apologize if I seem snippy. It's frustrating.

redwdc, Apr 13, 2019
  4. Minimized

How to actually start program minimized in Windows 10?

Steps i tried to make program (for example: Thunderbird) to load on startup, but minimized:

1. Placed shortcut under: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
    2. In a shortcut properties i've checked "minimized"

Rebooted windows, it does start, but MAXIMIZED! Can't make it minimized, just like on MacOS i could set it hidden.

Alexander Kim, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

Minimized

1. Minimized - Similar Threads - Minimized

2. Why do my games keep minimizing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do my games keep minimizing?: Every 5 or so minutes, the game I am playing minimizes to the desktop. The games I play are Counter Strike 2 and Overwatch. I have turned off game mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-my-games-keep-minimizing/6d69db4b-50d1-49cf-8dce-013079eda910
  3. Why do my games keep minimizing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do my games keep minimizing?: Every 5 or so minutes, the game I am playing minimizes to the desktop. The games I play are Counter Strike 2 and Overwatch. I have turned off game mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-my-games-keep-minimizing/6d69db4b-50d1-49cf-8dce-013079eda910
  4. Windows 11 - Impossible to make screenshots once Windows decides to automatically minimize...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Impossible to make screenshots once Windows decides to automatically minimize...: Good day,after spending months or by now years of trying to find troubleshooting or a fix - I also tried a lot of settings myself, I am close to giving up.The most simpe example I have: Trying to make a screenshot in EA FC or FIFA or WWE2K or EVEN ANY WINDOW, everything gets...
  5. Windows 11 - Impossible to make screenshots once Windows decides to automatically minimize...

Windows 11 - Impossible to make screenshots once Windows decides to automatically minimize...: Good day,after spending months or by now years of trying to find troubleshooting or a fix - I also tried a lot of settings myself, I am close to giving up.The most simpe example I have: Trying to make a screenshot in EA FC or FIFA or WWE2K or EVEN ANY WINDOW, everything gets...
  6. Windows 10 start button changes to a blue circle with 4 white squares and minimal functions...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 start button changes to a blue circle with 4 white squares and minimal functions...: Hi, My windows 10 start button and for all users changes to a blue circle with 4 white squares and minimal functions on startup see image. Selecting 'Exit' returns the start button to normal with normal functionality. I’ve tried uninstalling recently installed programs and...
  7. every game i play will minimize every 5 till 10 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    every game i play will minimize every 5 till 10 minutes: how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-game-i-play-will-minimize-every-5-till-10/83195eb2-643c-48fc-aa38-b49c79067418
  8. every game i play will minimize every 5 till 10 minutes

every game i play will minimize every 5 till 10 minutes: how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-game-i-play-will-minimize-every-5-till-10/83195eb2-643c-48fc-aa38-b49c79067418
  9. Not able to go to desktop without minimizing every window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to go to desktop without minimizing every window: I remember in the past I could click the bottom right of my screen and it would take me to desktop, now whenever I click on the bottom right of the screen it does nothing and I have to minimize every window to get to desktop...
  10. Not able to go to desktop without minimizing every window

Not able to go to desktop without minimizing every window: I remember in the past I could click the bottom right of my screen and it would take me to desktop, now whenever I click on the bottom right of the screen it does nothing and I have to minimize every window to get to desktop...