Windows 10: Minimizing an open window from task tray

Discus and support Minimizing an open window from task tray in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; in earlier versions of windows, when you click an icon of an open program in the task bar it would minimize it. Won't work in windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Gary Kaufman FL, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Minimizing an open window from task tray

in earlier versions of windows, when you click an icon of an open program in the task bar it would minimize it. Won't work in windows 10

:)

Gary Kaufman FL, Nov 15, 2019

2. Task manager opens minimized.

Task manager changed and now opens minimized. It maximizes with no problem with a click but I would like to revert to avoid this step in a problem situation.

KevinKing2, Nov 15, 2019
  3. Anthr4X Win User
    Minimize to the tray on startup

Minimize to tray at startup

I'm looking for a way to autorun GPU-Z minimized on Windows 7 x64. If I stick a shortcut in the start-up folder and change the properties to "run minimized" it doesn't minimize to the tray but instead to the taskbar. So I have to click on the taskbar and press on minimize every time I reboot my system. This is a little bit annoying if you reboot often.

Thank you for your time! *Smile Minimizing an open window from task tray :)

Anthr4X, Nov 15, 2019
  4. Urlyin Win User

Minimizing an open window from task tray

how to minimize to tray on startup??

Systool will startup in the state you last had it in. So minimize it, then just right click the Systool tray icon (you can also check to startup with Windows in the options) to exit. Next time it starts, it will be minimized (although it does flash up briefly first). I just tested it so it should work for you as well ... *Smile Minimizing an open window from task tray :)

Urlyin, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

Minimizing an open window from task tray

1. Minimizing an open window from task tray - Similar Threads - Minimizing open window

2. minimize differences and minimize to tray in terms of hardware resource

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minimize differences and minimize to tray in terms of hardware resource: If we minimize a program to the taskbar, does it consume more hardware I mean the consumption of RAM, CPU, graphics and other computer hardware or if we minimize it to the system tray ? Or is there no difference?...
  3. minimize differences and minimize to tray in terms of hardware resource

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    minimize differences and minimize to tray in terms of hardware resource: If we minimize a program to the taskbar, does it consume more hardware I mean the consumption of RAM, CPU, graphics and other computer hardware or if we minimize it to the system tray ? Or is there no difference?...
  4. minimize differences and minimize to tray in terms of hardware resource

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 minimize to tray leaves an unresponsive window open on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 minimize to tray leaves an unresponsive window open on desktop: Running windows11 now for many months, completely up-to-date. Virus scans are clean. This problem has past the annoyance stage with me, and frankly am considering abandoning Windows completely, and there is already one similar report out there, with no solution. So I'm asking...
  6. Windows 11 minimize to tray leaves an unresponsive window open on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 minimize to tray leaves an unresponsive window open on desktop: Running windows11 now for many months, completely up-to-date. Virus scans are clean. This problem has past the annoyance stage with me, and frankly am considering abandoning Windows completely, and there is already one similar report out there, with no solution. So I'm asking...
  7. Task Scheduler - Opening an Application Minimized

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Scheduler - Opening an Application Minimized: I'd like to use the Task Scheduler to open an application minimized. It seems this question has not been answered with a solution that can be accomplished using the interface. I have a simple solution and will post it but first I'd like to hear from the community....
  8. Task Manager on start-up and minimized to tray

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager on start-up and minimized to tray: Hello, somebody can help me to achieve that? I really can't make it work, I did 1000 things but nothing works. Thanks!!!! 174599
  9. Minimizing application to tray.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Minimizing application to tray.: Is there any way I can make an application minimize to tray on close? I want to set this up for messages for web, so that I can close it and still get notifications. submitted by /u/mitchellhall400 [link] [comments]...
  10. Can't Open Windows From Tray

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Open Windows From Tray: I have been using Windows 10 for some time now and have been getting updates as part of the insider program. On the 14th I found I could not open windows functions and others have been removed. I can not open my windows button with a left click and now have to use the right...