Windows 10: Minimizing App Window Causes it to Disappear

Discus and support Minimizing App Window Causes it to Disappear in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Kind of strange problem. I'm on a dual monitor system 4K & HD monitors with latest win10 Pro x64. I have an app I want to run on my HD monitor, but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jaftwo, Jul 23, 2018.

1. jaftwo Win User

Minimizing App Window Causes it to Disappear

Kind of strange problem. I'm on a dual monitor system 4K & HD monitors with latest win10 Pro x64. I have an app I want to run on my HD monitor, but it launches to my 4K monitor maximized. Normally, all I have to do is minimize it and move it to the other monitor and size or maximize it there. However, with this app, if I click on minimize, it disappears and is not visible on either monitor, but is shown as active in the task bar and task manager.

It looks like it minimizes to the upper left corner of the 4K monitor (when I click the icon in the task bar I see the app frame maximize into that corner or minimize to the task bar icon (alternating with max/min).

Not sure where to go from here.

:)

jaftwo, Jul 23, 2018

2. The 'Photos' app for photo viewing has disappeared.

I do not understand this, when I returned to the PC later today my original settings had returned to the start screen, including one other tile which I had also lost but had not yet re-instated. Also the original list of 'All apps' had returned to the start
    screen, including 'Photos'. There is nothing that I am aware of having done that should have caused the original disappearance of some apps from the 'All apps' list and their associated tiles, or that could have caused them to return.

It has therefore been unnecessary to follow your suggested steps, though I have done so anyway and it works as suggested. Note that I had followed your steps 1 & 2 earlier which is why I knew 'Photos' had not disappeared from the PC but was simply not
    visible on the 'All apps' list and hence my inability to re-pin the tile.

Thank you for your reply and understanding my frustration.

Frustrated - Belfast, Jul 23, 2018
  3. ariefcfa Win User
    Bitlocker Causes Taskbar Pinned Apps Disappeared

Alright, the problem is the Desktop directory. Rather than force end explorer process which cause another issue, today i found it is better to moved Desktop directory back to C:\Users\username\Desktop and create a symbolic link to keep the desktop files
    secured with Bitlocker.

The steps are:

• Moved back Desktop directory to original location C:\Users\username\Desktop
    • Moved Desktop files to safe location (in this case to D:\username\Desktop)
    • Delete Desktop directory in step-1
    • Create Dekstop directory symbolic link using elevated command prompt:

code:

mklink /D C:\Users\username\Desktop D:\username\Desktop

This way the Taskbar Pinned apps - in my case - not disappeared unlike before.

Thanks

ariefcfa, Jul 23, 2018
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jul 23, 2018
Thema:

1. Minimizing App Window Causes it to Disappear - Similar Threads - Minimizing App Window

2. A minimize all line disappeared.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A minimize all line disappeared.: I used to have a line at the very bottom right of my screen on taskbar, it would minimize all applications and reopen them when you would click it again. When I went to use it yesterday it would not appear or just exist. I'm not sure whether this is a bug or not, but I cannot...
  3. A minimize all line disappeared.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A minimize all line disappeared.: I used to have a line at the very bottom right of my screen on taskbar, it would minimize all applications and reopen them when you would click it again. When I went to use it yesterday it would not appear or just exist. I'm not sure whether this is a bug or not, but I cannot...
  4. Minimizing apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minimizing apps: This just started...no updates, changes, etc. When I minimize any app Windows 10, it closes completely. Nothing on the task bar. I have to restart it to get back to it. What have I missed, done or not done?? Thanks for your help!...
  5. Minimizing Apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Minimizing Apps: Is there a way for me to force apps to minimize to the tray when I click on the x ? submitted by /u/jhj0604 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hwl9eq/minimizing_apps/
  6. minimize/maximize disappear

in Windows 10 Customization
    minimize/maximize disappear: on windows taskbar, I can "X" out of a screen, but there is no longer a minimize - or maximize -screen function, just the "X". What did I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minimizemaximize-disappear/5859e95b-8b5b-4ee7-ad05-328a843e6f7f
  7. Windows disappear when minimized

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows disappear when minimized: I am currently using version 1909, Windows 10. Since the upgrade, I am able to open an app window but I am unable to minimize my window without it disappearing. The app icon does not appear on the taskbar, therefore, I cannot retrieve it. It appears that the app window has...
  8. Websites disappearing when minimized

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Websites disappearing when minimized: New computer with Windows 10 Home. If I minimize a webpage, it closes and doesn't show up on the taskbar. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/websites-disappearing-when-minimized/9d4d5a6e-98dc-4810-bc27-047c801c3a25
  9. Minimizing App Window Causes it to DIssappear

in Windows 10 Support
    Minimizing App Window Causes it to DIssappear: Kind of strange problem. I'm on a dual monitor system 4K & HD monitors with latest win10 Pro x64. I have an app I want to run on my HD monitor, but it launches to my 4K monitor maximized. Normally, all I have to do is minimize it and move it to the other monitor and size or...
  10. Minimize Edge, and it disappears?

in Browsers and Email
    Minimize Edge, and it disappears?: Hey guys/gals, I'm on Windows 10 Pro Build 14316.rs1_release, 160402-2217. Every time I minimize the Edge Browser, it minimizes fine, but then I go to click on the edge logo on my taskbar, and it pulls up a new window, I can't get back to the window I had open before. I've...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 2016 remote app mshta.exe minimizing