Windows 10: Minimizing App Window Causes it to DIssappear

Discus and support Minimizing App Window Causes it to DIssappear in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Kind of strange problem. I'm on a dual monitor system 4K & HD monitors with latest win10 Pro x64. I have an app I want to run on my HD monitor, but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jaftwo, Jul 23, 2018.

1. jaftwo Win User

Minimizing App Window Causes it to DIssappear

Kind of strange problem. I'm on a dual monitor system 4K & HD monitors with latest win10 Pro x64. I have an app I want to run on my HD monitor, but it launches to my 4K monitor maximized. Normally, all I have to do is minimize it and move it to the other monitor and size or maximize it there. However, with this app, if I click on minimize, it disappears and is not visible on either monitor, but is shown as active in the task bar and task manager.

It looks like it minimizes to the upper left corner of the 4K monitor (when I click the icon in the task bar I see the app frame maximize into that corner or minimize to the task bar icon (alternating with max/min).

Not sure where to go from here.

:)

jaftwo, Jul 23, 2018
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jul 23, 2018
  3. Games resets once minimize to the taskbar

Hi Daniel,

As per the description, the issue might be caused due to corruption in the apps. So, I suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View all on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 23, 2018
  4. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Jul 23, 2018
Thema:

1. Minimizing App Window Causes it to DIssappear - Similar Threads - Minimizing App Window

2. Starting an app minimized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Starting an app minimized: How do I start an app minimized? I want my apps to start minimized whenever I start my windows.whether its minimized to the system tray or just the taskbar it does not matter.I tried to use the right-click, options, Run minimized but it does do anything. maximized does not...
  3. Netflix App Keeps Dissappearing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Netflix App Keeps Dissappearing: I have downloaded and installed the Netflix app from the Microsoft Store and pinned it to my taskbar many times and yet whenever I turn off my laptop and come back to it later, it isn't in my taskbar and I can't find the app when I search in the spotlight search at the bottom...
  4. What is causing my system restore points to dissappear?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is causing my system restore points to dissappear?: I just did a fresh reinstall of windows 10 to fix some issues I had, then created a system restore point in case I encountered same issue again. Now that system restore point is gone. It happened before as well.. So I created a new one now and this time I would like it to...
  5. Minimizing apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minimizing apps: This just started...no updates, changes, etc. When I minimize any app Windows 10, it closes completely. Nothing on the task bar. I have to restart it to get back to it. What have I missed, done or not done?? Thanks for your help!...
  6. Minimizing Apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Minimizing Apps: Is there a way for me to force apps to minimize to the tray when I click on the x ? submitted by /u/jhj0604 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hwl9eq/minimizing_apps/
  7. Minimizing App Window Causes it to Disappear

in Windows 10 Support
    Minimizing App Window Causes it to Disappear: Kind of strange problem. I'm on a dual monitor system 4K & HD monitors with latest win10 Pro x64. I have an app I want to run on my HD monitor, but it launches to my 4K monitor maximized. Normally, all I have to do is minimize it and move it to the other monitor and size or...
  8. Win10: Minimized programs dissappear from taskbar but keep running

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10: Minimized programs dissappear from taskbar but keep running: Hello all, I have digged a lot to try to find any info related to my problem, and I haven't been able, so I decided to post in this forum since it seems like the biggest Win10 community all around *Smile Well, I have a HP Notebook 15-ac134ns Windows 10 Home 64bits from 3...
  9. Apps minimize on Launch

in Windows 10 Support
    Apps minimize on Launch: This has been a bug for a while and build 9926 has it as well for me in a VM. Even feedback app does it. You launch the app and it minmizes within a few seconds. Anyone else? Tim 3904
  10. Windows 10 - apps minimizing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - apps minimizing: Friday morning I upgraded my Surface Pro 3 to MS Windows 10. Everything went great, so I thought. I open Edge, it minimizes, I open Netflix, it minimizes. Nothing except the home screen will stay up for any length of time. 27751

Users found this page by searching for:

1. notepad minimized disappeared