Windows 10: minimizing games

Discus and support minimizing games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; when i minimize a game in windows, the game doesnt minimize but instead, the taskbar appears at the bottom of my screen and the game stays in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by todd24, Oct 30, 2016.

1. todd24 Win User

minimizing games

when i minimize a game in windows, the game doesnt minimize but instead, the taskbar appears at the bottom of my screen and the game stays in the background, please help me fix it http://peecee.dk/uploads/112016/minimize.png

:)

todd24, Oct 30, 2016

2. My game's audio stops working after returning from its minimized window

The game's audio works fine when it first launches and even when the game is minimized (Windows 10 randomly minimizes the game's window every once in awhile - not every time I play) but when I return to the game, the audio/music is completely gone. If I
    close the game and reopen, the sound plays just fine.

Any idea what is causing this? This seems to be a Windows 10 issue and not the game as the game works fine until it's minimized - whether intentionally or by the OS. What stops the audio support for minimized windows?

celticmagick, Oct 30, 2016
  3. mazharq09 Win User
    games minimize randomly

Since past some time i downloaded a steam game and since when i started playing the game automatically minimizes itself i was very frustrated from it every few mins the game use to minimize.But i found out that while the game is running the file" ipconfig"
    opens and closes itself and that's causing my game to get minimize.But I am not getting any way to stop this from happening can anyone tell me what should i do ???

mazharq09, Oct 30, 2016
  4. minimizing games

are you running the game in windowed mode or fullscreen? if it's in windowed mode, expect this to happen.. some games do this with fullscreen enabled but I've only experienced that with older games.. recently it's only due to windowed mode.. give that a shot and let me know if that fixes it.

BrandonR188, Nov 3, 2016
  5. todd24 Win User
    im running the games in fullscreen

todd24, Nov 7, 2016
  6. CMARKEY Win User
    If you are running on full screen try using the windows key that should sort it out. If not Ctrl+Alt+Delete Followed by task manager.

CMARKEY, Nov 8, 2016
  7. todd24 Win User
    tried both and the game still stays in the background.. it doesnt minimize

todd24, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

minimizing games

1. minimizing games - Similar Threads - minimizing games

2. Games minimize when I click off screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Games minimize when I click off screen: Sooo I have a dual monitor setup for my streams and all that stuff but if I am playing a game most games but not all and I click onto my second monitor to check something or look at Discord the game will minimize on my main screen. I have looked through settings and whatnot...
  3. My son plays this game called Roblox and everytime he minimizes it for more than 15 seconds...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My son plays this game called Roblox and everytime he minimizes it for more than 15 seconds...: The error code we keep on getting is DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FALUIRE. The people at microsoft said I should wipe my pc and save my important files so I did. The problem still occurs. I don't know if this is a Roblox problem or a Microsoft problem. Can someone please help me?...
  4. Games minimize when fullscreen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Games minimize when fullscreen?: I reloaded Windows a few months ago, and since then my games that start up fullscreen (or any game I turn on fullscreen) just outright minimize and it seems like it refreshes my desktop. I've tried reloading windows completely with a fresh install, removing all files and...
  5. Games keep minimizing to desktop.

Games keep minimizing to desktop.: Hey everyone! So Ive started having this issue with my pc where all games just keep minimizing to the desktop randomly on their own. Its really annoying and I dont know whats causing it. Are any of you guys experiencing this at the moment? I havent changed any of my settings...
  6. Randomly all fullscreen games minimize constantly.

Randomly all fullscreen games minimize constantly.: Out of the blue the other day, all full screen games decided to start minimizing every few seconds. I can switch to windowed or borderless windowed, but those are unnacceptable fixes for me as performance suffers a bunch. I have tried re-installing games, disabling overlays,...
  7. Playing a game in fullscreen like minecraft, every couple minutes, like 5-10, it minimizes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Playing a game in fullscreen like minecraft, every couple minutes, like 5-10, it minimizes...: As what the title says. I've tried tutorials, shut down my pc, I don't know what to do I wasn't able to do the office one since I can't find that file in the task scheduler. My GPU is perfectly fine and updated. If you have a response to this, please make it simple and as...
  8. Computer randomly minimizing full-screen games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer randomly minimizing full-screen games: This happens randomly whenever I am playing games on my computer. My computer will randomly minimize the game sending me back to my desktop and it's really annoying as it happens multiple times a day sometimes. It happens randomly and on all games, not just one game engine....
  9. Whenever I press Caps Lock it flashes this notification and minimizes my game/screen (when...

Whenever I press Caps Lock it flashes this notification and minimizes my game/screen (when...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/StrangrDangarz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kus0o5/whenever_i_press_caps_lock_it_flashes_this/
  10. Stop games from auto-minimizing to desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop games from auto-minimizing to desktop?: This issue has popped up within the last few weeks and I've never had it happen before in the years I've played games. While I am playing a game, anytime I leave the game idle for a minute or two as get up and walk away from my desk it automatically minimizes to the desktop....