Windows 10: minimizing games

Discus and support minimizing games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; when i minimize a game in windows, the game doesnt minimize but instead, the taskbar appears at the bottom of my screen and the game stays in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by todd24, Oct 30, 2016.

1. todd24 Win User

minimizing games

when i minimize a game in windows, the game doesnt minimize but instead, the taskbar appears at the bottom of my screen and the game stays in the background, please help me fix it http://peecee.dk/uploads/112016/minimize.png

:)

todd24, Oct 30, 2016

2. My game's audio stops working after returning from its minimized window

The game's audio works fine when it first launches and even when the game is minimized (Windows 10 randomly minimizes the game's window every once in awhile - not every time I play) but when I return to the game, the audio/music is completely gone. If I
    close the game and reopen, the sound plays just fine.

Any idea what is causing this? This seems to be a Windows 10 issue and not the game as the game works fine until it's minimized - whether intentionally or by the OS. What stops the audio support for minimized windows?

celticmagick, Oct 30, 2016
  3. mazharq09 Win User
    games minimize randomly

Since past some time i downloaded a steam game and since when i started playing the game automatically minimizes itself i was very frustrated from it every few mins the game use to minimize.But i found out that while the game is running the file" ipconfig"
    opens and closes itself and that's causing my game to get minimize.But I am not getting any way to stop this from happening can anyone tell me what should i do ???

mazharq09, Oct 30, 2016
  4. minimizing games

are you running the game in windowed mode or fullscreen? if it's in windowed mode, expect this to happen.. some games do this with fullscreen enabled but I've only experienced that with older games.. recently it's only due to windowed mode.. give that a shot and let me know if that fixes it.

BrandonR188, Nov 3, 2016
  5. todd24 Win User
    im running the games in fullscreen

todd24, Nov 7, 2016
  6. CMARKEY Win User
    If you are running on full screen try using the windows key that should sort it out. If not Ctrl+Alt+Delete Followed by task manager.

CMARKEY, Nov 8, 2016
  7. todd24 Win User
    tried both and the game still stays in the background.. it doesnt minimize

todd24, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

minimizing games

1. minimizing games - Similar Threads - minimizing games

2. Why do my games keep minimizing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do my games keep minimizing?: Every 5 or so minutes, the game I am playing minimizes to the desktop. The games I play are Counter Strike 2 and Overwatch. I have turned off game mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-my-games-keep-minimizing/6d69db4b-50d1-49cf-8dce-013079eda910
  3. Why do my games keep minimizing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do my games keep minimizing?: Every 5 or so minutes, the game I am playing minimizes to the desktop. The games I play are Counter Strike 2 and Overwatch. I have turned off game mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-my-games-keep-minimizing/6d69db4b-50d1-49cf-8dce-013079eda910
  4. every game i play will minimize every 5 till 10 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    every game i play will minimize every 5 till 10 minutes: how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-game-i-play-will-minimize-every-5-till-10/83195eb2-643c-48fc-aa38-b49c79067418
  5. every game i play will minimize every 5 till 10 minutes

every game i play will minimize every 5 till 10 minutes: how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-game-i-play-will-minimize-every-5-till-10/83195eb2-643c-48fc-aa38-b49c79067418
  6. Games from Xbox app keep disconnecting from multiplayer when i minimize

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games from Xbox app keep disconnecting from multiplayer when i minimize: The main problem is games closing connection to multiplayer sessions when i minimize them. For example: Astroneer, Minecraft Windows edition. All of this games i play that have this problem are from the Xbox App so i looked for solutions online but i didn't get anything that...
  7. Games from Xbox app keep disconnecting from multiplayer when i minimize

Games from Xbox app keep disconnecting from multiplayer when i minimize: The main problem is games closing connection to multiplayer sessions when i minimize them. For example: Astroneer, Minecraft Windows edition. All of this games i play that have this problem are from the Xbox App so i looked for solutions online but i didn't get anything that...
  8. Game Minimized Randomly and Cant install Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Game Minimized Randomly and Cant install Update: Been having anoying Games Randomly Minimizing, For breaf sec i seen cmd appear n disaper and notification do it to....I Tryed all Posibal Fixes.. Removed OBS i only streamed twice last week, done Both checkheath and sfc scanow, did say it fixed some files, I done malware and...
  9. Game Minimized Randomly and Cant install Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Minimized Randomly and Cant install Update: Been having anoying Games Randomly Minimizing, For breaf sec i seen cmd appear n disaper and notification do it to....I Tryed all Posibal Fixes.. Removed OBS i only streamed twice last week, done Both checkheath and sfc scanow, did say it fixed some files, I done malware and...
  10. Game Minimized Randomly and Cant install Update