Windows 10: Minimizing the browser window

Discus and support Minimizing the browser window in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; How can I minimize a browser window that is open? When I click on the minimize icon, the browser disappears. It's icon doesn't show on the taskbar. I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Golfaholic, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Minimizing the browser window

How can I minimize a browser window that is open? When I click on the minimize icon, the browser disappears. It's icon doesn't show on the taskbar.
    I have to click on the browser icon to reopen the browser, and the site I was working on has disappeared.

:)

Golfaholic, Aug 10, 2015

2. Minimizing the browser window

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

I would require some more information to help you better.

• What is the make & model of the computer?
    • Are you facing this issue with Internet explorer or Microsoft Edge?
    I suggest you to place your computer in clean boot to find out if any third party applications are conflict with each other.

Clean boot:

Please follow the link to perform a clean boot:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After you have finished clean boot, follow these steps to boot to normal startup.

a) Press the ‘Windows + R’ key on the keyboard.

b) In the ‘Run’ windows type ’MSCONFIG’ and click ‘Ok’.

c) On the ‘General’ tab, click the ‘Normal Startup’ option, and then click ‘OK’.

d) When you are prompted to restart the computer, click ‘Restart

If issue persists follow the below link to Fix Windows corruption errors by using the DISM or System Update Readiness tool.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947821

You can also refer to the below link.

Microsoft Edge, Browserdaten und Datenschutz – Microsoft Datenschutz

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Aug 10, 2015
  3. Minimizing the browser window

When I minimize a browser window in Windows 10, it disappears and I can't get it back. The browser icon does not show on the taskbar. How do I get the browser to maximze?

ElaineWachtel, Aug 10, 2015
Thema:

Minimizing the browser window

1. Minimizing the browser window - Similar Threads - Minimizing browser window

2. Cant minimize

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant minimize: I can no longer 'minimize' a window. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-minimize/87c46273-1f3b-4ef8-8c21-769b067de839
  3. Minimizing Windows in Windows 10

Minimizing Windows in Windows 10: Hello all. I have a simple problem for which I'm sure there is an easy fix, but I can't find it. I cannot minimize a microsoft document or a website download so I cannot work with multiple windows concurrently. On the top right screen, the 'minus' sign works, as does the 'x',...
  4. Minimized

Minimized: When I click on minimize what ever I am working on, I can never find it again. I click on it, it seems to go down and to the left, where do I go to bring it back so I can work on it or re read it ? earlier windows made life easy this is not easy?...
  5. Windows Pages will not Minimize

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Pages will not Minimize: This started with Notepad but I noticed it seems to be affecting all Windows and non-windows applications. When I click the Re-size button (middle, upper right) nothing happens. Have tried other ways to Re-size a Window but none work. Any ideas?...
  6. minimize screen

minimize screen: For a couple of weeks now, if I want to put a web page on my desktop, I would minimize the page and left click on the address bar and move the icon to the desktop. Now when I try to minimize the page I get a small blue line around the page and it does not minimize. Is there...
  7. Minimize Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minimize Games: i can't minimize games in win10, when the game have same resolution from desktop. anyone know how fix ? 24572
  8. Windows minimizing and reappearing on clicks?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows minimizing and reappearing on clicks?: A few nights ago I accidentally buried my computer in viruses with one click. Whatever, happens, it was my fault. I removed them all in safe mode but a lot of my windows settings seemed off still. So, I reformatted my SSD to try and fix the problem, but it's still there....
  9. Deselection and minimization of windows itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Deselection and minimization of windows itself: I recently purchased a laptop with Windows 10 installed for some reason from the beginning of using it I realized a program deselects by itself. As for example, while I'm typing something the cursor disappears and I need to reselect in order to continue typing. Also, it...
  10. Windows 10 - apps minimizing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - apps minimizing: Friday morning I upgraded my Surface Pro 3 to MS Windows 10. Everything went great, so I thought. I open Edge, it minimizes, I open Netflix, it minimizes. Nothing except the home screen will stay up for any length of time. 27751