Windows 10: Minimizing windows opens the start menu

Discus and support Minimizing windows opens the start menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Whenever I minimize a program window (Chrome, word, Outlook, File explorer, etc.) Instead of just hiding the window, my computer opens the start menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Guy with a Computer, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Minimizing windows opens the start menu

Whenever I minimize a program window (Chrome, word, Outlook, File explorer, etc.) Instead of just hiding the window, my computer opens the start menu tiles. I also cannot access the desktop via button in the lower right corner of the taskbar.

:)

Guy with a Computer, Jun 1, 2019

2. Windows 10 Start Menu won't open.

Hi Dougie,

Corrupted system files could be one of the reason why Start Menu is not opening.

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps listed in this article:
    Troubleshoot problems with the Start menu or Cortana
    see if it helps resolve the issue.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Jun 1, 2019
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    Start menu and settings both wont open.

Hello Robert,

As per the description of the issue, you are unable to open both Windows Settings and Start menu. For us to resolve this issue, we suggest that you perform troubleshooting. Here's an

article
    that you can go to. In here, you'll see solutions to resolve Start menu issues.

To resolve Windows Settings issue, kindly follow the steps listed below:

• Boot into Safe Mode.
    • Open a command prompt windows.
    • Type sfc/scannow, and then hit Enter.
    • Once it's finished, restart the computer to check if the issue still persists.

If the issue still persists after doing the steps above, kindly refer to this
    link
    for further troubleshooting.

Let us know if the resolution provided works.

Paolo Mag, Jun 1, 2019
  4. Minimizing windows opens the start menu

Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

Minimizing windows opens the start menu

1. Minimizing windows opens the start menu - Similar Threads - Minimizing opens start

2. Windows 10 freezes can't close or minimize windows, click taskbar, open start menu, but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 freezes can't close or minimize windows, click taskbar, open start menu, but...: For the past week or so my computer randomly freezes as described. If I'm reading an article, sometimes I can still scroll and read through, but I cannot close the window or switch to another tab, open a program through the taskbar, open the start menu, etc, Right clicks in...
  3. Windows 10 freezes can't close or minimize windows, click taskbar, open start menu, but...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 freezes can't close or minimize windows, click taskbar, open start menu, but...: For the past week or so my computer randomly freezes as described. If I'm reading an article, sometimes I can still scroll and read through, but I cannot close the window or switch to another tab, open a program through the taskbar, open the start menu, etc, Right clicks in...
  4. Windows 10 freezes can't close or minimize windows, click taskbar, open start menu, but...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Start Menu is not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu is not opening: The start menu is not opening using the mouse by clicking on the windows logo in the taskbar nor the keyboard on my windows 11 system. I have restarted my laptop multiple times but the same issue occurs. Because of this, I am unable to access the search function also, neither...
  6. Does this qualify as a "minimal" start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does this qualify as a "minimal" start menu?: [ATTACH] with that sexy 768p resolution. *chef's kiss* submitted by /u/yeehawbrotha [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j3nne4/does_this_qualify_as_a_minimal_start_menu/
  7. Minimal Start Menu On Clean Installs Today

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Minimal Start Menu On Clean Installs Today: [img] A couple of clean installs today on customers machines. Start menu is lacking on the two I have done. No games. Tried different media, Different internet connection's. Any ideas what's going on ?? 150478
  8. Start Menu, minimized programs in the Taskbar are bigger

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu, minimized programs in the Taskbar are bigger: Hi guys, I recently re-installed Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and I already ran into troubles. I fixed most of them with DISM & SFC scans, but for some weird reason my Start Menu, minimized programs in the Taskbar are bigger, and the Folders inside Windows Explorer look somehow a...
  9. Thunderbird Mail Opens Minimized From Start Menu And Cannot Be Resized

in Windows 10 Customization
    Thunderbird Mail Opens Minimized From Start Menu And Cannot Be Resized: I have Thunderbird Mail set to open on Start Up, and it has done so successfully for years. Recently, it opens minimized to the the task bar, but clicking on it to resize it (which was not previously necessary) just results in it "shooting" to the upper left corner of my...
  10. Start Menu not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu not opening: Trying to resolve this issue for a couple of days where the start menu doesn't open when its clicked on. I have seen other posts with this issue where its an issue with personalization settings under ms-settings. I am unable to open Ms-settings because I receive the error...