Windows 10: Minimum disk cache size is high.

Discus and support Minimum disk cache size is high. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Can anybody give more insight into what SiSoft Sandra is talking about here with the disk cache size and where to find the system.ini file it refers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kol12, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Kol12 Win User

Minimum disk cache size is high.

Can anybody give more insight into what SiSoft Sandra is talking about here with the disk cache size and where to find the system.ini file it refers to?

Minimum disk cache size is high. [​IMG]

:)

Kol12, Sep 10, 2018

2. Move the Edge browser cache to a RAM disk

Not a very bright response from a supposed support engineer.

What should have worked is a Symbolic Link, but both Edge and Groove (probably the same for all metro native apps) fail to utilise them (edit: properly). Incredibility short sighted to bloat and wear SSDs and provide no option to place the used folder paths
    to a separate disk.

Fun implementation, no? /rant

Edit: native metro apps do work with SymLinks if you do them very carefully. Here's a step by step (wrote this elsewhere since ms wont let me sign in on pc, but happily on phone):

*These steps are exactly as I did them (also works with ZuneMusic_8wekyb3d8bbwe if you stream a lot and don't want it to wear/bloat your SSD - yes, "stream" apparently means "save to disk"), some steps may be unnecessary, but worth
    doing just in case. Your mileage my vary, if you follow these steps you do so at your own risk. Depending on restarts, step 1. may need to be repeated. MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe may have a different name on your PC.

• Run cmd from the start menu with admin rights (right-click command prompt and select run as administrator).
    • Take full ownership of the cache folders to be safe, you may want to clear using disk cleanup first. Type takeown /F "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC" /A /R and press enter (%USERPROFILE% should
      work, but if not replace it with [Drive]:\Users\[Username] as per normal).
    • When it finishes (depends on size) make an exact copy to your other drive (replace E:\Edge Cache as desired; and make sure Edge\Groove\etc. isn't running or you will get 'in use' errors). Use: robocopy"%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC" "E:\Edge
      Cache" /E /COPYALL /DCOPYMinimum disk cache size is high. :DAT
      ensure that there are no skipped\failed files, otherwise retry after disk cleanup.
    • Instead of deleting the original as required for Symbolic Links, suggested you rename it: ren "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC" "AC Backup" in case the SymLink fails when you can just rename
      it AC again, deleting the SymLink (you can do this using windows explorer as well). If the renaming encounters 'in use' errors even though Edge\Groove\etc. isn't running then restart your PC and retry.
    • Create the SymLink as follows (replacing E:\Edge Cache as needed):mklink /D"%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC" "E:\Edge Cache" then restart your
      computer.

After some time if everything is working smoothly and you're sure its the other drive being used for caching then you can safely delete the original AC Backup file, but I just deleted #!001\MicrosoftEdge\Cache from the backup. If you don't use disk clean
    up, all your Edge cache should be retained.

Pseudonymous[arb#], Sep 10, 2018
  3. System and compressed memory high disk usage

Hi Robert,

As you are facing issues with high system and compressed memory on your device we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message with respect to the memory when you are trying to access games?

This issue might have occurred due to applications or services running at the startup on the computer. Bad sectors on the hard drive or outdated and incompatible drivers might also cause such issues.

I suggest you to refer to the below post check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, I recommend you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Amarjeet Paul
    and check if it helps.

System and compressed memory high disk usage during file
    copy

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 10, 2018
  4. Minimum disk cache size is high.

Edge slows as cache fills

Hello Garrie,

One of the possible reasons why your cache folder fills quickly is that the storage limit of your cache folder is only limited to a certain folder size. Having said that, you can try adjusting the size limit of this folder by performing the steps below:

• Type Internet Options in the search bar.
    • On the General tab, look for Browsing history.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Look for the Disk space to increase the file size. (Check the image below)

Minimum disk cache size is high. da27319f-a115-429c-b7c9-22a2644ca411.png

5. Click OK, then Apply.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Sep 10, 2018
Thema:

Minimum disk cache size is high.

1. Minimum disk cache size is high. - Similar Threads - Minimum disk cache

2. The size of Extent is less than minimum.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The size of Extent is less than minimum.: I had accidentally converted my primary Windows C drive to a basic disk, instead of the default one. So, currently I have 488.28GB of unallocated space on my system. P.S: I had put a new SSD of 1TB storage to my laptop a few days ago. I had created 2 partitions of 500GB each,...
  3. The size of Extent is less than minimum.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The size of Extent is less than minimum.: I had accidentally converted my primary Windows C drive to a basic disk, instead of the default one. So, currently I have 488.28GB of unallocated space on my system. P.S: I had put a new SSD of 1TB storage to my laptop a few days ago. I had created 2 partitions of 500GB each,...
  4. "Size" VS "Size On Disk"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Size" VS "Size On Disk": One Drive is suppose to have 1TB storage. When i check "Properties" on it, it says the following: "Size" = 40GB On my backup it says "size on disk" = 218 MB and my other backup says "size on disk" = 4 KB. But when I check my Memory Stick I get a logical answer: 8GB used, 25GB...
  5. "Size" VS "Size On Disk"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Size" VS "Size On Disk": One Drive is suppose to have 1TB storage. When i check "Properties" on it, it says the following: "Size" = 40GB On my backup it says "size on disk" = 218 MB and my other backup says "size on disk" = 4 KB. But when I check my Memory Stick I get a logical answer: 8GB used, 25GB...
  6. "Size" VS "Size On Disk"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Disk Size

Disk Size: I have an 8 TB WD external hard drive. I am using it plugged in to my router, like a "poor man's NAS" I guess. My router recognizes it as an 8 TB drive. I can plug it directly into the USB of any of my Windows 10 machines and Windows sees it as an 8 TB drive. However, when...
  8. Size and Size on disk

Size and Size on disk: Hi this is what I see on Pictures property folder: [ATTACH] How come? could it be that 75GB take only 2.2GB on disk or is it the other way around?... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/size-and-size-on-disk/04a4374b-f0b9-4eac-b4b6-3b68373c3330
  9. Limit Chrome Cache Size?

in Browsers and Email
    Limit Chrome Cache Size?: Chrome has started using 1.3GB for cache. Is there away of limiting the cache size used? 173286
  10. Change Icon Cache Size in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Icon Cache Size in Windows: How to: Change Icon Cache Size in Windows How to Change Icon Cache Size in Windows The icons that display for files in Windows are saved in an icon cache so they can be displayed quickly instead of having to manually scan and slowly load them each time. Sometimes you...