Windows 10: Minimum Graphics Card for 4k monitor. (No gaming.)

Discus and support Minimum Graphics Card for 4k monitor. (No gaming.) in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I currently have a Nvidia Geforce GTX 660. How do you determine what a graphics card can do? I have two monitors right now but I've been saving up to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by CerebralFreeze, May 31, 2018.

1. Minimum Graphics Card for 4k monitor. (No gaming.)

I currently have a Nvidia Geforce GTX 660. How do you determine what a graphics card can do?

I have two monitors right now but I've been saving up to upgrade one of my two monitors into a 32 inch 4k monitor. Will my graphics card be able to handle it? I do some gaming but not too much. I mostly come home and web surf, watch movies, and sometimes get some work done.

Do I need to upgrade my graphics card?

Actually, maybe you guys can also let me know if I should upgrade my motherboard at this time if I have to open up the computer case? My motherboard is a AsusTek P8B75-V with an intel i7-3770 processor. I really don't know what motherboards do but it seems like my motherboard is holding me back from my computer going faster. (I actually just picked any motherboard at random when first created my setup and bought my computer on CyberPower PC. I didn't know motherboards were important. Stupid me.) *Redface

You think I should upgrade the motherboard as well as the video card if I get a 4k monitor? (I don't want to if I don't have to since this is getting quite expensive.)

:)

CerebralFreeze, May 31, 2018
Thema:

Minimum Graphics Card for 4k monitor. (No gaming.)

1. Minimum Graphics Card for 4k monitor. (No gaming.) - Similar Threads - Minimum Graphics Card

2. Do I need a new 4K graphics card for a 4K monitor?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Do I need a new 4K graphics card for a 4K monitor?: Hi, everything in my build was upgraded last year except the graphics card which is still NVIDIA GTX760. I want to upgrade to a 4K monitor for my audio/video editing studio. Do I need to upgrade the graphics card in order to connect a 4K monitor and use its 4K resolution?...
  3. Graphics card monitor problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Graphics card monitor problem: Hey guys i got a notebook today and i connected my monitor with hdmi cable to my notebook so i can have 2 screens. But when i unplugged hdmi cable (to bring my notebook somewhere else) and when i clicked on nvidia control panel it said that its not connected to current...
  4. Graphic cards and monitors matching

Graphic cards and monitors matching: I am considering an upgrade of my ageing monitor. At present BenQ PD2700U is a high level contender. Problem is that my graphics card is a NVidia Quadro 600 which supports a maximum of 2560 x 1600 pixels and the PD2700U has 3840 x 2160 pixels. Going for the BenQ PD2700Q would...
  5. Graphic cards and monitors matching

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphic cards and monitors matching: I am considering an upgrade of my ageing monitor. At present BenQ PD2700U is a high level contender. Problem is that my graphics card is a NVidia Quadro 600 which supports a maximum of 2560 x 1600 pixels and the PD2700U has 3840 x 2160 pixels. Going for the BenQ PD2700Q would...
  6. Gaming and Resolution with a 4K monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming and Resolution with a 4K monitor.: I installed a new 4K monitor and Age of Empires went so small I could even read the writing or easily see the buttons. I went into steam and fairly quickly got directed to a post that told me to go to launcher.exe and right click and select compatibility and tick the overide...
  7. 4K pci1 graphics card not express

4K pci1 graphics card not express: Hello I have a Hewlett-Packard HP Compaq Pro 4300 SFF PC Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) 8 gig DDR3 SDRAM 799MHz Intel Core i3-3220. 240 watts PS. i'm using my pci express slot for my SSD. i'm looking for a 4K graphics card, low profile, cheap of course. if you need more...
  8. Problem with new graphic card and 4k monitor

Problem with new graphic card and 4k monitor: Hi, I have a Lenovo Thinkcentre M72, and have been using it with two monitors, Cintiq companion 2 (2560x1440) and HP 2159m (1920x1080) using the onboard graphic card (4600 hd). I replaced the hp with an Acer 4k monitor, so I also added a GTX 1050 2GB lowprofile graphic...
  9. Graphic card or monitor problem?

Graphic card or monitor problem?: If when i retun computer from "display off" by moving cursor, my signal returns to dim or black (SOMETIMES), yes there is a signal, but there is a dim-black, or black signal, sometimes turning off and on monitor by button will result in blinking right picture and again goes...
  10. UHD 4K graphic cards -- any good ones

UHD 4K graphic cards -- any good ones: Hi there Any good 4K UHD graphic cards out there -- I'm not a gamer so I don't need all the 3-D and Direct X stuff but a really good (2D) 4K graphics card that I could use on Photoshop etc (Pro level photos etc) without blowing up the computer or computer running really...