Windows 10: Minimum hardware requirements for Windows 10 for phones and desktops

Discus and support Minimum hardware requirements for Windows 10 for phones and desktops in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; At the WinHEC conference in Shenzhen, China, Microsoft has revealed the minimum hardware requirements needed to successfully boot, run, update and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Minimum hardware requirements for Windows 10 for phones and desktops

Read more: Microsoft sheds light on minimum hardware requirements for Windows 10 for phones and desktops | Windows Central

Minimum hardware requirements for Windows 10 for phones and desktops [​IMG]

:)

Brink, Mar 17, 2015

2. What are the minimum requirements for pc hardware/drivers when it comes to game streaming on Windows 10?

Hello,

I would suggest you to contact your manufacturer and update the BIOS and check if the PC's performance has been enhanced and improved.

BIOS Disclaimer:

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS
    settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this helps. We look forward to hear from you.

Joy Kemprai, Mar 17, 2015
  3. What are the minimum requirements for pc hardware/drivers when it comes to game streaming on Windows 10?

Hey collintuck Minimum hardware requirements for Windows 10 for phones and desktops :)

The computer has quite old parts and is most probably struggling to both run the game and to stream it.

Posting a short list of all PC parts would be more useful such as (CPU, GPU, RAM, Motherboard, Storage drives, Case, PSU, etc.).

I would say you can check the Task Manager/Resource Monitor and see if anything is hitting 100% usage (CPU, RAM, etc.). This shoudl tell you if something is bottlenecking your performance.

Captain_WD, Mar 17, 2015
  4. Minimum hardware requirements for Windows 10 for phones and desktops

That's interesting -- but if MS does require UEFI firmware on desktops to upgrade them to Win10, that will pretty much prevent ALL the Win7 users from upgrading to Win10 because UEFI wasn't available when Win7 came out.

I know they don't require this now, as I am running Win10TP on a non-UEFI desktop -- and am NOT going to go out and buy a new desktop just to get UEFI to run Win10 when it goes into production.

Mark Phelps, Mar 17, 2015
  5. rvbfan Win User
    Ya. Same here. Desktop will be running 7 just fine if that's the case. I'll upgrade when I originally planned.

rvbfan, Mar 17, 2015
  6. Dude Win User
    My take is the it is just showing that uefi is required for secure boot, same thing with W8. W10 will not require it in my opinion.

7. rvbfan Win User
    You are probably right, I dont think they want to eliminate a
    large portion of the consumer population. I can see them
    disabling features on the hopes that people will find them
    compelling enough to upgrade.
    I know were I work we would have to upgrade every
    computer. But then again, we only switched to Windows 7
    a few years ago. I also know not one has a uefi motherboard.
    Dont think we will be buying 400 desktops and laptops, free os
    or not.

rvbfan, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Minimum hardware requirements for Windows 10 for phones and desktops

1. Minimum hardware requirements for Windows 10 for phones and desktops - Similar Threads - Minimum hardware requirements

2. Windows 11 minimum requirement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 minimum requirement: Please I downloaded the PC health app to check if my PC was eligible for the windows 11 upgrade only to realise that the one requirement it failed at was an unsupported processor. This is quite strange to me because I use a Hp pavilion 15 with IntelR CoreTM i3-7100U @...
  3. Windows 11 minimum requirement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 minimum requirement: Please I downloaded the PC health app to check if my PC was eligible for the windows 11 upgrade only to realise that the one requirement it failed at was an unsupported processor. This is quite strange to me because I use a Hp pavilion 15 with IntelR CoreTM i3-7100U @...
  4. Windows 11 Minimum requirements

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Minimum requirements: The Health Check says my processor doesn't meet minimum requirements, yet when I look it up its listed. Its intel core i7-6920HQ and I'm running Windows 10 21H1....
  5. Windows 11 Minimum requirements

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Minimum requirements: The Health Check says my processor doesn't meet minimum requirements, yet when I look it up its listed. Its intel core i7-6920HQ and I'm running Windows 10 21H1....
  6. minimum requirement for window 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    minimum requirement for window 10: Hello brother/sister i need your help i have LG S530-KAC30A2 laptop Processor: i3, CPU @ 2.10GHz 4GB/500GB. Currently i using window 8.1 now i want to use windows 10 please suggest me, will windows 10 work smoothly in my laptop and which...
  7. Minimum Requirements

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minimum Requirements: I purchased MFS2020 and found that my computer does not meet the minimums. If I purchase a new computer will I be able to reload the Simulator on the new one without additional charge?...
  8. Windows 10X Emulator minimum hardware and software requirements

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10X Emulator minimum hardware and software requirements: [ATTACH]Microsoft showcased its first dual-screen device — Surface Neo — last November, and along with that came the new SDK. The SDK allows the developer […] This article Windows 10X Emulator minimum hardware and software requirements first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  9. Windows 10 Cloud minimum hardware requirements leaks

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Cloud minimum hardware requirements leaks: Microsoft is gearing up to take on Chromebooks with new hardware running Windows 10 Cloud. On May 2nd, the company is holding a software and hardware event in New York City, where it’s expected to launch a new device running a new variant of its desktop OS. Windows 10...
  10. Microsoft details Minimum Hardware requirements for Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft details Minimum Hardware requirements for Anniversary Update: Microsoft details Minimum Hardware requirements for Anniversary Update [img] Microsoft is all set to release its next major update to Windows 10 called Anniversary Update aka Redstone 1 on July 29th. Now Microsoft has detailed the Hardware requirements for its...