Windows 10: Minimum/Max processor power state won’t show up even after enabling it.

Discus and support Minimum/Max processor power state won’t show up even after enabling it. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello! I could really use a hand here. I’m trying to adjust my processor power state but nothing I’ve tried has worked. submitted by /u/ludvig-2005... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ludvig-2005, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Minimum/Max processor power state won’t show up even after enabling it.

Hello! I could really use a hand here. I’m trying to adjust my processor power state but nothing I’ve tried has worked.

submitted by /u/ludvig-2005
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ludvig-2005, Jun 23, 2020
  2. stormy13 Win User

CPU Minimum Processor State useful on a desktop?

No idea where you read that from but it is bunk. I have mine set as follows,

Minimum/Max processor power state won’t show up even after enabling it. [​IMG]

and have my CPU overclocked to 4.6, and it goes to full power any time it is needed. When at idle it runs at around 1.4 and a much lower voltage as neither are needed for most every day tasks.

stormy13, Jun 23, 2020
  3. CPU Minimum Processor State useful on a desktop?

Are it and maximum processor state useful on a desktop, or is it just for laptops? Lower and Maximum are both set to 100% for me.
    I read that if I lower the minimum, my cpu doesn't reach the max overclock level.

Siegfriedm, Jun 23, 2020
  4. najtsirk Win User

Minimum/Max processor power state won’t show up even after enabling it.

Power settings automatically changes the processor state to 100%.

Original Title: POWER PLAN

I have asus g501 and in avance power settings I have set the minimum processor state to 1% but when I save the settings and come back to check if everything is OK the minimum processor state jumps back to 100%. Why does it change on its own?

najtsirk, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Minimum/Max processor power state won’t show up even after enabling it.

1. Minimum/Max processor power state won’t show up even after enabling it. - Similar Threads - Minimum Max processor

2. Minimum Processor State Not Showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minimum Processor State Not Showing: I have Intel i3-1005G1 laptopI want to add minimum Processor State and maximum Processor State So I Changed Attributes 2 in registery but minimum Processor State and maximum Processor State is not showing In advance Power Settings.Please Give Answer what should I Do?...
  3. Minimum Processor State Not Showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minimum Processor State Not Showing: I have Intel i3-1005G1 laptopI want to add minimum Processor State and maximum Processor State So I Changed Attributes 2 in registery but minimum Processor State and maximum Processor State is not showing In advance Power Settings.Please Give Answer what should I Do?...
  4. Advanced Power Plan Setting "Maximum Processor state" and "Minimum processor state" not...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Advanced Power Plan Setting "Maximum Processor state" and "Minimum processor state" not...: SPECS: Win 10 (obv) i7 10700F 16GB 3000mhz 1660 Super So I used to set my processor states to prevent overheating, as my processor runs at 4.6 ghz, and only a few games can get it beyond what I like in terms of temp (80c+ or 176f+), as it generally rests around 80c/174f...
  5. How to show or hide Minimum and Maximum Processor State in Power Options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to show or hide Minimum and Maximum Processor State in Power Options in Windows 10: By default, Windows uses a minimum of 5% and a maximum of 100% resources to run your apps and the operating system. If you do not want others to play with these settings, you can hide the Minimum and Maximum Processor State in Power Options in Windows 10 using Command Prompt...
  6. Maximum and Minimum Processor State missing in Power management settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Maximum and Minimum Processor State missing in Power management settings: I tried the command prompt fix, downloading the registry file and running it and both didn't work to bring back those 2 options.I am running on Windows 10 20H2 version. Pls help asap...
  7. What's the recommended minimum processor state?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's the recommended minimum processor state?: Hello, I'm a gamer, and I'm wondering what I should set the minimum processor state on for my PC? It's currently at 100% along with max processor state sitting also at 100% in Power Management. Should I leave it this way? What's the recommended state for gaming? Thank you....
  8. Minimum processor state / Noise

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Minimum processor state / Noise: Hey! My pc was making a strange scratching noise, low and not all the time but still very noticeable. With the case open I tried to find the source but I couldnt, it was somewhere near the cpu area though. I re-installed the cpu-fan and everything but nothing changed. PC was...
  9. Max Processor State in Power Management to reduce Laptop Heating

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Max Processor State in Power Management to reduce Laptop Heating: I have a brand new HP Omen with Windows 10 coupled with an Intel Core i5 9300H and 8GB RAM. It is heating when I play CPU intensive games and when I check for suggestions in the Microsoft Community, I got to know that reducing the Max Processor State in the Advanced Power...
  10. "Max Processor State" removed from Processor Power Management

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "Max Processor State" removed from Processor Power Management: Hi, My computer has issues with overclocking and overheating and I had found that the most reliable fix was to lower the max processor state to something more manageable (100% to 80%, etc). However, the option to do this in "power plan" settings has been removed somehow,...