Windows 10: Minimum processor state on batt. switching to 100% by itself.

Discus and support Minimum processor state on batt. switching to 100% by itself. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; No idea what is causing this, but it switches by itself to 100% on balanced plan. I'll set it to 5%, and it will stay there for a couple of minutes,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by urban, Sep 3, 2016.

1. urban Win User

Minimum processor state on batt. switching to 100% by itself.

No idea what is causing this, but it switches by itself to 100% on balanced plan.
    I'll set it to 5%, and it will stay there for a couple of minutes, but after that it is again at 100%. It happens only to "on battery" setting, "plugged in" stays at 5%.
    I'm running ASUS X75V notebook, clean windows 10, no asus bloatware. Only programs installed that sit in tray are avg, gdrive and dropbox.

:)

urban, Sep 3, 2016

2. Minimum Processor State

Hi I kindly request to reply to my question.

My laptop runs with an AMD Processor and it's really slow when the (Minimum Processor State) is at
    (20%) the default rate fixed my the manufacturer. But when I increase the rate above (50%) the device works perfectly.

I would like to know? whether there will be any problem if I continue to keep it above the rate of (50%).

Minimum processor state on batt. switching to 100% by itself. [​IMG]
    D

ThariqThassim, Sep 3, 2016
  3. phi1514 Win User
    Windows 10 popping sound in speakers

The minimum processor state was already set at 100% and I have the latest versions of all drivers installed.

phi1514, Sep 3, 2016
Thema:

Minimum processor state on batt. switching to 100% by itself.

1. Minimum processor state on batt. switching to 100% by itself. - Similar Threads - Minimum processor state

2. Minimum Processor State Not Showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minimum Processor State Not Showing: I have Intel i3-1005G1 laptopI want to add minimum Processor State and maximum Processor State So I Changed Attributes 2 in registery but minimum Processor State and maximum Processor State is not showing In advance Power Settings.Please Give Answer what should I Do?...
  3. Minimum Processor State Not Showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minimum Processor State Not Showing: I have Intel i3-1005G1 laptopI want to add minimum Processor State and maximum Processor State So I Changed Attributes 2 in registery but minimum Processor State and maximum Processor State is not showing In advance Power Settings.Please Give Answer what should I Do?...
  4. Despite having 'Active' cooling policy with 'Minimum/Maximum processor states' at 100% CPU...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Despite having 'Active' cooling policy with 'Minimum/Maximum processor states' at 100% CPU...: My processor works fine up to 100% when plugged in and the fan whirrs away happily. But when I unplug the laptop the processor utilisation cuts down to 15% and stays there until plugged in again, with the fan ceasing to run entirely. The above image shows the results of...
  5. Despite having 'Active' cooling policy with 'Minimum/Maximum processor states' at 100% CPU...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Despite having 'Active' cooling policy with 'Minimum/Maximum processor states' at 100% CPU...: My processor works fine up to 100% when plugged in and the fan whirrs away happily. But when I unplug the laptop the processor utilisation cuts down to 15% and stays there until plugged in again, with the fan ceasing to run entirely. The above image shows the results of...
  6. Despite having 'Active' cooling policy with 'Minimum/Maximum processor states' at 100% CPU...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Advanced Power Plan Setting "Maximum Processor state" and "Minimum processor state" not...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Advanced Power Plan Setting "Maximum Processor state" and "Minimum processor state" not...: SPECS: Win 10 (obv) i7 10700F 16GB 3000mhz 1660 Super So I used to set my processor states to prevent overheating, as my processor runs at 4.6 ghz, and only a few games can get it beyond what I like in terms of temp (80c+ or 176f+), as it generally rests around 80c/174f...
  8. What's the recommended minimum processor state?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's the recommended minimum processor state?: Hello, I'm a gamer, and I'm wondering what I should set the minimum processor state on for my PC? It's currently at 100% along with max processor state sitting also at 100% in Power Management. Should I leave it this way? What's the recommended state for gaming? Thank you....
  9. Minimum processor state / Noise

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Minimum processor state / Noise: Hey! My pc was making a strange scratching noise, low and not all the time but still very noticeable. With the case open I tried to find the source but I couldnt, it was somewhere near the cpu area though. I re-installed the cpu-fan and everything but nothing changed. PC was...
  10. CPU Minimum Processor State useful on a desktop?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU Minimum Processor State useful on a desktop?: Are it and maximum processor state useful on a desktop, or is it just for laptops? Lower and Maximum are both set to 100% for me. I read that if I lower the minimum, my cpu doesn't reach the max overclock level. 42787