Windows 10: Minimum programs required for Windows 10 OS to function

Discus and support Minimum programs required for Windows 10 OS to function in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm trying to configure a Software Restriction Policy in a user's GPO to "lock-down" a Windows 10 machine. The device will only run the programs... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RCortz1, Apr 16, 2019.

1. RCortz1 Win User

Minimum programs required for Windows 10 OS to function

I'm trying to configure a Software Restriction Policy in a user's GPO to "lock-down" a Windows 10 machine. The device will only run the programs essential to running the OS. I will then only allow the programs the end user needs to perform their tasks. So far I have identified the following:

explorer.exe

csrss.exe

dwm.exe

rdclip.exe

taskhostw.exe

TSTheme.exe

userinit.exe

Are there any I have missed or have included that shouldn't be there. I implemented the SRP and rebooted the test machine. It comes up but with a flickering desktop. Graphics issue possibly?? Any assistance would be appreciated. Regards.

:)

RCortz1, Apr 16, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Minimum hardware requirements for Windows 10 for phones and desktops

Read more: Microsoft sheds light on minimum hardware requirements for Windows 10 for phones and desktops | Windows Central

Minimum programs required for Windows 10 OS to function [​IMG]

Brink, Apr 16, 2019
  3. What is the minimum hardware configuration required to install Windows 10 -OS

Hi, I am having the below questions and would request you to clarify.

1. What is the minimum hardware configuration required to upgrade Windows 10 -OS?

2. Post upgrade to Windows 10, Do we need to pay for Windows 10 Activation?

3. What is the new features in Windows 10?

BALAMURUGAN_P, Apr 16, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Minimum programs required for Windows 10 OS to function - Similar Threads - Minimum programs required

2. Windows 11 minimum requirement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 minimum requirement: Please I downloaded the PC health app to check if my PC was eligible for the windows 11 upgrade only to realise that the one requirement it failed at was an unsupported processor. This is quite strange to me because I use a Hp pavilion 15 with IntelR CoreTM i3-7100U @...
  3. Windows 11 minimum requirement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 minimum requirement: Please I downloaded the PC health app to check if my PC was eligible for the windows 11 upgrade only to realise that the one requirement it failed at was an unsupported processor. This is quite strange to me because I use a Hp pavilion 15 with IntelR CoreTM i3-7100U @...
  4. Windows 11 Minimum requirements

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Minimum requirements: The Health Check says my processor doesn't meet minimum requirements, yet when I look it up its listed. Its intel core i7-6920HQ and I'm running Windows 10 21H1....
  5. Windows 11 Minimum requirements

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Minimum requirements: The Health Check says my processor doesn't meet minimum requirements, yet when I look it up its listed. Its intel core i7-6920HQ and I'm running Windows 10 21H1....
  6. Windows 11 Minimum Requirement Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 11 Minimum Requirement Problem: Hey,I just Installed this PC Health Check up app on my window to check whether my Laptop is Capable of running Windows 11 and it showed me that it can't which is absurd because CHECK MY SPECS:15.6-inch IPS, 1920 x 1080 pixels, AMD Ryzen 5 2500u processorCAPABLE OF REACHING...
  7. minimum requirement for window 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    minimum requirement for window 10: Hello brother/sister i need your help i have LG S530-KAC30A2 laptop Processor: i3, CPU @ 2.10GHz 4GB/500GB. Currently i using window 8.1 now i want to use windows 10 please suggest me, will windows 10 work smoothly in my laptop and which...
  8. Minimum Requirements

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minimum Requirements: I purchased MFS2020 and found that my computer does not meet the minimums. If I purchase a new computer will I be able to reload the Simulator on the new one without additional charge?...
  9. Minimum requirements for rec.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minimum requirements for rec.: What are the minimum requirements for recording with start+g in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/minimum-requirements-for-rec/7c5d4dcc-6eb7-4b62-bce7-ff68052e4a96
  10. Minimum hardware requirements for Windows 10 for phones and desktops

in Windows 10 News
    Minimum hardware requirements for Windows 10 for phones and desktops: At the WinHEC conference in Shenzhen, China, Microsoft has revealed the minimum hardware requirements needed to successfully boot, run, update and service Windows 10. The hardware maker has shared details for desktops as well as Windows 10 for phones.... ...New hardware...