Windows 10: Minimum ram

Discus and support Minimum ram in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; what is the minimum ram usage of windows 10 home 64 bit my pc is qrround 1.4 GB in idle 125163 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Mixalisfr, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Mixalisfr Win User

Minimum ram

what is the minimum ram usage of windows 10 home 64 bit my pc is qrround 1.4 GB in idle

:)

Mixalisfr, Jan 12, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 12, 2019
  3. To RAM or not to RAM...

Hey genesis what hardware have you bought, you might be able to save on the ram and step up the rest of the hardware a little...

Or you could go out on the town as suggested... *Big Grin Minimum ram :D

DrunkenMafia, Jan 12, 2019
  4. marks1964 Win User

Minimum ram

Minimum RAM vs Recommended RAM

Hi John,

Having only 2 GB of RAM with for Windows 7 (64 bit) is not enough as Windows itself will use 1 – 2 GB and leave very little for anything else to use.

4 GB is really the minimum amount I’d use.

With the antivirus software scanning at the same time the computer will go slower.

It is the cheapest upgrade you can do.

Personally, I use 2 x 4 GB of RAM on one machine and I’ve got 2 x 8 GB on the other machine (excessive).

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Mark

marks1964, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

Minimum ram

1. Minimum ram - Similar Threads - Minimum ram

2. minimum password length more than 15?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    minimum password length more than 15?: Hi there, recently I try to setup my company's 10 security policy, one of the key setting is minimum password length in "Local Security Policy" ==> Account Policies ==> Password Policies, there is an parameter "Minimum password Length" in the explain section, it says...
  3. How to reduce Windows Defender and Google Chrome CPU Usage to the minimum?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to reduce Windows Defender and Google Chrome CPU Usage to the minimum?: Hi. My PC runs slow. When I click on Task Manager, I always see a High CPU usage from Windows Defender and Google Chrome. Any suggestion to reduce Windows Defender and Google Chrome CPU Usage to the minimum? Thanks Francesco...
  4. On Windows 10, the Minimum Time of displaying a photo inm BACKGROUND slide show is 1 Minute...

On Windows 10, the Minimum Time of displaying a photo inm BACKGROUND slide show is 1 Minute...: I use the Background photo slide show/display as a Screen Saver. The minimum time shown for a photo to change is 1 Minute. Can this be changed to less time ( eg 30 secs) ? 1 Minute is too long to stare at a photo ! UNLESS - there is another Screen Saver / Slide show...
  5. Bare Minimum Settings / Services

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Bare Minimum Settings / Services: Hello all, I have an old computer that I have in the garage running Windows 10. It has Opera install and I essentially want to use it to watch BT Sport / Netflix while I am cycling on my exercise bike. I'm having the 100% disk usage problem and started looking for a .bat...
  6. How to set minimum volume limit for windows 10 device? Or how to get a static on-screen...

How to set minimum volume limit for windows 10 device? Or how to get a static on-screen...: Ok, I have a problem which is this: 1. I need to have this ear tearing fire alarm notification sound in my tablet so i dont miss an important notification i get few times a day 2. when the alarm goes off in a public place i turn the volume all the way down and because i am...
  7. CPU blocked at minimum speed after deactivating battery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CPU blocked at minimum speed after deactivating battery: Hello everyone, I have a problem with my Asus TP300LA laptop and I was hoping someone might give me a hint. Recently it's charger controller went wrong. It wouldn't even run on AC. To fix it completely I would have to get a new motherboard. Since I was about to buy a new...
  8. minimum GB needed to do Windows 10 reinstall?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    minimum GB needed to do Windows 10 reinstall?: Is there a minimun GB amount needed to do a Windows 10 reinstallation? I only have 10 nearly 11GB on my main hard drive. What is the minimum needed please to do a fresh reinstall. Thx....
  9. my screen brightness is changing to the minimum level by itself every 10 seconds. what...

my screen brightness is changing to the minimum level by itself every 10 seconds. what...: My screen brightness is changing to the minimum and back to the set level by itself every 10 seconds. what should i do to stop that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-brightness-is-changing-to-the-minimum/f11a86a1-6584-4189-81b2-f2e23458fa99
  10. in order to speed up my laptop what Minimum windows 10 services required for wired connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    in order to speed up my laptop what Minimum windows 10 services required for wired connection: in order to speed up my laptop what Minimum windows 10 services required for wired connection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-order-to-speed-up-my-laptop-what-minimum/ae800eb9-c858-49da-8f90-5b2e34a29121