Windows 10: Miniport: Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2, power error on ROG Zephyrus laptop

Discus and support Miniport: Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2, power error on ROG Zephyrus laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Event viewer reported today a fatal error: Miniport Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2 had event Fatal error: The miniport has failed a power transition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JeffKrieble, Sep 4, 2021.

1. Miniport: Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2, power error on ROG Zephyrus laptop

Event viewer reported today a fatal error: Miniport Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2 had event Fatal error: The miniport has failed a power transition to operational power.This laptop was off and turned on. What is the cause and how to fix

:)

JeffKrieble, Sep 4, 2021
  2. Rose Ter Win User

Microsoft Virtual wifi miniport adapter driver is missing??

Hi Krishna,

There might be an update that was processed on your computer that caused your virtual Wi-Fi miniport adapter to misbehave. To better assist you, please clarify the following:

• Any recent changes made prior to the issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Are there any pending updates for your Microsoft virtual Wi-Fi miniport adapter from the device manager?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Sep 4, 2021
  3. Wi-Fi virtual adapter

I am unable to create a wi-fi hotspot on my laptop (HP pavillion ab-032tx model) after upgrading to windows 10. I cannot find Microsoft WI-Fi direct Virtual adapter in the listed adapters (control pannel->network sharing center) . However Microsoft Wi-Fi
    direct Virtual adapter and Microsoft Wi-Fi direct Virtual adapter #2 are listed in hidden drivers (device manager-> view tab, faded icons). Upon checking for hardware changes, there are no unkown devices being shown. Microsoft Wi-Fi direct Virtual adapter
    #3 is also found in the view tab , but its icon is not faded. All my drivers are updated. Still i am unable to create a hotspot. Pl help me with the same.

Revati Joshi, Sep 4, 2021
  4. MeAtMe Win User

Miniport: Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2, power error on ROG Zephyrus laptop

Missing the "Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter". Where to install?

I seem to be missing "Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter " on a laptop. I've already enabled "Show Hidden Devices" in the Device Manager, and it's not listed.

The reason I need it: I want to project laptop # 1 onto that laptop. I'm getting an error message "We're still trying to determine the feature capabilities" error message when I try to to project to laptop #2. The system requirements, including Windows
    build version, seem to be sufficient. The Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter seems to be the only thing I'm missing.

MeAtMe, Sep 4, 2021
Thema:

Miniport: Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2, power error on ROG Zephyrus laptop

1. Miniport: Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2, power error on ROG Zephyrus laptop - Similar Threads - Miniport Microsoft Direct

2. Miniport Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2, {edd6ba2e-805b-4af6-a5a9-1ab33548d1d0},...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Miniport Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2, {edd6ba2e-805b-4af6-a5a9-1ab33548d1d0},...: Miniport Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2, {edd6ba2e-805b-4af6-a5a9-1ab33548d1d0}, had event Fatal error: The miniport has failed a power transition to operational powerEverytime this Error happens my laptop says 'Shutting down' and then shuts down,this happens at...
  3. Miniport Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2 ...has failed a power transition to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Miniport Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2 ...has failed a power transition to...: I have Dell Precision 5570 laptop. A few months ago I started to receive a fatal error after each start of Win11or once during a wake-up in Event Viewer. The full name of error is Miniport Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2, {c4bbb83b-1c9b-4082-9c76-3175fdde15b0}, had...
  4. Miniport Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2 ...has failed a power transition to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Miniport Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2 ...has failed a power transition to...: I have Dell Precision 5570 laptop. A few months ago I started to receive a fatal error after each start of Win11or once during a wake-up in Event Viewer. The full name of error is Miniport Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2, {c4bbb83b-1c9b-4082-9c76-3175fdde15b0}, had...
  5. Miniport Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Miniport Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #4: Hi All,I am trying to fix errors on my pc and I notice I get this at startup:Miniport Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #4, {7d83bc33-b65c-4927-b82a-2d2edbba458e}, had event Fatal error: The miniport has failed a power transition to operational powerAs far as I can tell...
  6. Miniport Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Miniport Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #4: Hi All,I am trying to fix errors on my pc and I notice I get this at startup:Miniport Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #4, {7d83bc33-b65c-4927-b82a-2d2edbba458e}, had event Fatal error: The miniport has failed a power transition to operational powerAs far as I can tell...
  7. Miniport Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2, {8fb8698d-59d2-4b6f-94f8-a3b82bb85f46},...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Miniport Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2, {8fb8698d-59d2-4b6f-94f8-a3b82bb85f46},...: Miniport Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2, {8fb8698d-59d2-4b6f-94f8-a3b82bb85f46}, had event Fatal error: The miniport has failed a power transition to operational power was found in my event viewer log after my screen scrambles for about 30 seconds. Can someone...
  8. Miniport Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2, {8fb8698d-59d2-4b6f-94f8-a3b82bb85f46},...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Miniport Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2, {8fb8698d-59d2-4b6f-94f8-a3b82bb85f46},...: Miniport Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2, {8fb8698d-59d2-4b6f-94f8-a3b82bb85f46}, had event Fatal error: The miniport has failed a power transition to operational power was found in my event viewer log after my screen scrambles for about 30 seconds. Can someone...
  9. No Microsoft Direct Virtual wi-fi adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Microsoft Direct Virtual wi-fi adapter: This wifi adapter is completely missing, been accidentally deleted, and I cannot find out where I can go to download the driver to reinstall. Microsoft, Asus, etc??? This is a self built system. Windows 10 64bit, just recently updated. Thanks!...
  10. Microsoft wi fi direct virtual adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft wi fi direct virtual adapter: I disabled this driver and now i am not able to enable it which is preventing my pc from being used as a wifi hotspot.The driver is showing the error: Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45). I tried updating the driver and scan for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft virtual adapter #2