Windows 10: Miniport/TAP driver/s will not install

Discus and support Miniport/TAP driver/s will not install in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ok so recently i was trying to use a vpn and i noticed it would not work. I was trying to use a vpn app off of the windows store. The app was working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by joshua eubanks, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Miniport/TAP driver/s will not install

Ok so recently i was trying to use a vpn and i noticed it would not work. I was trying to use a vpn app off of the windows store. The app was working before but just stopped working. So i thought it might be an issue with the miniport drivers so i went into device manger and i did not see the drivers. I even ticked the show hidden drivers button and it was not shown. None of the miniport drivers were there. The TAP driver was also not there. It was there before but now its is not. I done tried to use devcon.exe to reinstall the drivers. So i used it to do that and it gave me an error of devcon.exe failed. So then i went over to the logs and it told me that you see below. I have tried to look online for this type of problem and i could not find it anywhere on how to fix my problem. Im trying to install all the required Miniport drivers for that vpn app i got off of the microsoft store that was working before but stopped working. Also im trying to install the TAP driver for that app also for it to work again. I tried to run

"devcon.exe install c:\Windows\inf\netavpna.inf MS_AgileVpnMiniport" to install the first driver i needed and right at that first one it failed. Then i tried to run the other ones you see here to at least try to install the other drivers.

devcon.exe install c:\Windows\inf\netrasa.inf MS_NdisWanIp

devcon.exe install c:\Windows\inf\netrasa.inf MS_NdisWanIpv6devcon.exe install c:\Windows\inf\netrasa.inf MS_NdisWanBh

devcon.exe install c:\Windows\inf\netrasa.inf MS_L2tpMiniport

devcon.exe install c:\Windows\inf\netrasa.inf MS_PppoeMiniport

devcon.exe install c:\Windows\inf\netrasa.inf MS_PptpMiniport

devcon.exe install c:\Windows\inf\netsstpa.inf MS_SstpMiniport

Then i got the same error of devcon.exe failed. So then i tried to do sfc /scannow and that also did not work but it did fix some corrupted files. The thing is it did not work. So then im comming here for some help on how to fix my problem. I also tried to look for a restore point and i did not have any restore points because i have not set a restore point yet. Im really confused of why it decided to do this. A couple of months ago it was working. Later when i tried to open that app up it was not working anymore so i did what you see above. I even tried rebooting after doing sfc /scannow i even tried rebooting when i did some other things. I also tried to uninstall the app then reboot then install it again and still it did not work. So if anyone can help please do and thanks.

>>> [Device Install (DiShowUpdateDevice) - ROOT\NET\0002]

>>> Section start 2019/06/21 14:00:07.583

cmd: "C:\Windows\system32\mmc.exe" C:\Windows\system32\devmgmt.msc

dvi: {DIF_UPDATEDRIVER_UI} 14:00:07.583

dvi: Default installer: Enter 14:00:07.584

dvi: Default installer: Exit

dvi: {DIF_UPDATEDRIVER_UI - exit(0xe000020e)} 14:00:07.584

ndv: {Update Driver Software Wizard - ROOT\NET\0002}

ndv: Search options: 0x00000203

ndv: Searching currently installed INF

dvi: {Build Driver List} 14:00:08.218

dvi: Searching for hardware ID(s):

dvi: ms_agilevpnminiport

dvi: Created Driver Node:

dvi: HardwareID - MS_AgileVpnMiniport

dvi: InfName - C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\netavpna.inf_amd64_8d16ac73570dee70\netavpna.inf

dvi: DevDesc - WAN Miniport (IKEv2)

dvi: Section - Ndi-Mp-AgileVpn

dvi: Rank - 0x00ff0000

dvi: Signer Score - INBOX

dvi: DrvDate - 06/21/2006

dvi: Version - 10.0.17134.1

dvi: {Build Driver List - exit(0x00000000)} 14:00:08.221

ndv: Searching default INF path

dvi: {Build Driver List} 14:00:08.222

dvi: Searching for hardware ID(s):

dvi: ms_agilevpnminiport

dvi: Created Driver Node:

dvi: HardwareID - MS_AgileVpnMiniport

dvi: InfName - C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\netavpna.inf_amd64_8d16ac73570dee70\netavpna.inf

dvi: DevDesc - WAN Miniport (IKEv2)

dvi: Rank - 0x00ff0000

dvi: Signer Score - INBOX

dvi: DrvDate - 06/21/2006

dvi: Version - 10.0.17134.1

dvi: {Build Driver List - exit(0x00000000)} 14:00:08.270

dvi: {DIF_SELECTBESTCOMPATDRV} 14:00:11.095

dvi: Default installer: Enter 14:00:11.095

dvi: {Select Best Driver}

dvi: Class GUID of device changed to: {4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}.

dvi: Selected Driver:

dvi: Description - WAN Miniport (IKEv2)

dvi: InfFile - c:\windows\system32\driverstore\filerepository\netavpna.inf_amd64_8d16ac73570dee70\netavpna.inf

dvi: {Select Best Driver - exit(0x00000000)}

dvi: Default installer: Exit

dvi: {DIF_SELECTBESTCOMPATDRV - exit(0x00000000)} 14:00:11.097

ndv: {Update Driver Software Wizard exit(000004c7)}

<<< Section end 2019/06/21 14:00:12.174

<<< [Exit status: FAILURE(0x000004c7)]

:)

joshua eubanks, Jun 21, 2019

2. Can't Install tap driver

Hello amogh devgun,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following information:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • What is the VPN client that you're using?
    • Are you using any third-party antivirus? If yes, try to disable it and then install the TAP driver.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jun 21, 2019
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    Microsoft Virtual wifi miniport adapter driver is missing??

Hi Krishna,

There might be an update that was processed on your computer that caused your virtual Wi-Fi miniport adapter to misbehave. To better assist you, please clarify the following:

• Any recent changes made prior to the issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Are there any pending updates for your Microsoft virtual Wi-Fi miniport adapter from the device manager?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Jun 21, 2019
  4. Miniport/TAP driver/s will not install

W/L network adapter driver and WFi miniport driver issues on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I appreciate your efforts toward solving the issue. I will certainly help you with this. Kindly follow the below given methods.

Method 1:

I suggest you to run Network adaptor troubleshooter and check if it works:

• Click on Start and enter
      troubleshooting in the search box.
    • Tap or click Troubleshooting.
    • Tap or click Network and Internet, tap or click
      Network Adapter, and follow the instructions on your screen.

Method 2:

Reinstall the Network driver in compatibility mode

Though you have installed network driver numerous times and it didn’t helped. The issue could have occurred due to the drivers installed not being compatible with Windows 10.

In order to use the drivers which are designed or developed for a different Operating System, we need to install them in compatibility mode. Please follow the steps below to uninstall the network driver:

• Press Windows Key + R.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Right click on the Network adaptor and select
      Uninstall.
    To install the drivers in compatibility mode, follow the steps below:

• Right click on the setup file of the driver and select
      Properties.
    • Select Compatibility Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the
      operating system accordingly from the drop down list
    • Click OK and run the setup.
    Method 3:

Restart the WLAN Auto Config service

If the issue persist, I suggest you to restart the above service as it should fix the error you are getting. This is a service that configures wireless security and connectivity settings.

Follow the steps below to restart the WLAN and Wired Auto Config service:

• Press Windows Key + R
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Search and Right click on the WLAN Auto Config service and select
      Restart, or click on Start if it’s not started.
    Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

Miniport/TAP driver/s will not install

1. Miniport/TAP driver/s will not install - Similar Threads - Miniport TAP driver

2. An error occurred installing the tap device driver.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An error occurred installing the tap device driver.: I was reinstalling Windscribe VPN and this thing popped up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-error-occurred-installing-the-tap-device-driver/2bd19ac8-fb63-41fa-9678-5b0906751a3f
  3. tap 64bit driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    tap 64bit driver: tap 64bit driver download i need for my vpn to work please give link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tap-64bit-driver/773925fb-09dc-4d91-b906-7f64cb32bf33
  4. TAP driver installation fails

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    TAP driver installation fails: Hi, I have a serious problem with my laptop. Based on my location, I'm always in need of a VPN and NordVPN would always serve me well. For some reasons I had to delete my nordvpn TAP adapter, but after trying to re-install it, it would always fail. I tried tons of things...
  5. TAP driver is failing to install.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    TAP driver is failing to install.: Hello, I'v been using Urban VPN for Windows for a long time until I had a problem or something like that and I had to uninstall it. After I reinstalled it and opened it it failed to connect many times and I kept deleting and reinstalling it until I finally found out that the...
  6. Miniport drivers will not install

Miniport drivers will not install: Ok so recently i was trying to use a vpn and i noticed it would not work. I was trying to use a vpn app off of the windows store. The app was working before but just stopped working. So i thought it might be an issue with the miniport drivers so i went into device manger and...
  7. Unable to install TAP driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install TAP driver: After the most recent Windows 10 update and NordVPN update, my NordVPN service would not connect to any servers. I uninstalled and re-installed NordVPN and OpenVPN. Both tell me that the TAP device drivers can not be installed. How do I fix this issue?...
  8. Can't Install tap driver

Can't Install tap driver: Hello. i am using windows 10 and i cannot install tap driver it hangs on tap update(tap0901) (may need confirmation) and after a long time it show the following error- An error occurerd installing the TAP device driver I've read many articles on this issue but cannot...
  9. Can't Install tap driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Install tap driver: Hello. i am using windows 10 and i cannot install tap driver it hangs on tap update(tap0901) (may need confirmation) and after a long time it show the following error- An error occurerd installing the TAP device driver I've read many articles on this issue but cannot...
  10. VPN Tap driver won't install

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VPN Tap driver won't install: Since upgrading windows 10 1803 I have been having issues installing the TAP driver from my VPN install package. I use Private Internet Access and Windows 10 for the past few years without any issues. Well not until I upgraded to Windows 10 1803, the Tap driver just won't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. devcon filed install netavpna.inf