Windows 10: MiniTool Guidelines

Discus and support MiniTool Guidelines in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am considering using the MiniTool utility to manage some disks that W10 Disk Management is having some difficulty in managing. Before I go ahead with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tabvla, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Tabvla Win User

MiniTool Guidelines

I am considering using the MiniTool utility to manage some disks that W10 Disk Management is having some difficulty in managing. Before I go ahead with this I would be grateful for any cautions, warnings or general comments in using the product. A couple of questions....

• There are several utilities on the MiniTool website, which one should I download..?
    • Is the Free version adequate for general purpose..?
    • If not, what added functionality does the Pro version provide..?
    • Is the product forgiving of mistakes..? For example, is there an "Undo" feature..?

Thanks

T.

:)

Tabvla, Oct 8, 2017

2. I need help please be fast

EaseUS and Minitools both do a good job in Resizing/Shrinking. But my best guess is Minitools is paid software.

Sumit Dhiman2, Oct 8, 2017
  3. couldn't update the system reseved partition

I find how to fix it, I use a program called MiniTool Partition Wizard Free,

I resize my partition on C: drive to create some unallocated room on the drive. taking 250mb

Then I add 250mb to the 100mb system reseved partition making it 350mb using MiniTool Partition Wizard to extend my Data

you have to extend the partition

and that's what work for me

MiniTool Partition Wizard is free

derrickmedia, Oct 8, 2017
  4. lx07 Win User

MiniTool Guidelines

I guess you are talking about MiniTool Partition Wizard?

You can compare editions on the "Compare Editions" tab on their website here

Unless you want to use dynamic disks (RAID etc) then the free one is probably going to be good enough. It is what I use - the download link is here.

Until you commit the change (click on the "apply" button with a big green tick) you can undo things. Once they are committed (and you have actually made/moved/deleted your partition) then you can't. Do bear in mind that it will do what you tell it. If you say to resize to 95GB then 101GB, then 97GB then 101GB then 100GB that is what it will do - 5 steps ending up with 100GB. It is better to delete (undo) the unnecessary steps and just make resize 100GB before clicking apply.

Have a look at their tutorials - they are pretty good.

I've never had a problem with it but (like anything) it is probably best to make a backup before using it especially if you are moving rather than resizing partitions. A power failure in the middle of moving partitions would probably lose you your data.

lx07, Oct 8, 2017
  5. cereberus Win User
    Agreed, for most domestic users, it is perfectly adequate.

I really like its advanced disk copy feature, whereby you can effectively "part-clone" a drive. Most cloning tools are all or nothing, but if you only want to clone part of a drive, you have to create image backups of required partitions, then restore those only. Also, it makes resizing partition(s) during the part-cloning dead simple.

cereberus, Oct 8, 2017
  6. Hi, just as lx07 said, you can find differences among all versions of MiniTool Partition Wizard from the "Compare Editions" page. Simply speaking, the Free Edition is adequate for general purpose since it can create partition, delete partition, format partition, resize partition, move partition, copy partition, align partition, etc. But if you need to change cluster size, convert file system from NTFS to FAT, change serial number, convert MBR system disk to GPT disk, copy MBR system to GPT disk, migrate OS from MBR disk to GPT disk, recover lost/deleted partitions, and manage dynamic disks/volumes, you need to use the Professional Edition. In addition, if you want to create a bootable media of Partition Wizard, you also need to use the Professional Edition. At last, if you want to use the program on server computer, you need to use the Server Edition.

Furthermore, before users click the Apply button, every operation is pending and can be cancelled via the Undo or Discard feature.

MiniToolSupport, Oct 9, 2017
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    Start with the free version. If you need to do something that only the Pro version will do then just buy it and upgrade to the Pro version "instantly" over the internet. If you need a bootable version for some reason, it is contained in Kyhi's Recovery Tools (although it may be 1 or two version older):
    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums

Keep in mind, MiniTool will let you mess with (and destroy) the system partitions required for booting Windows. If you are going to mess with them, make sure you know what you are doing and how to recover them if your computer won't boot.

NavyLCDR, Oct 9, 2017
  8. cereberus Win User

MiniTool Guidelines

Yeah - always a good plan to follow this forums 'Golden Rule' and make image backup first.

cereberus, Oct 9, 2017
  9. Tabvla Win User
    Thank you for the prompt and very helpful replies and the Links. Tutorials look comprehensive and easy to follow but it is always best to get advice from those who have used a product.... so thanks again..*Smile

Will be downloading the product and doing some simple stuff first before trying anything complicated. Will Post back to this Thread if there is anything of interest.

T.

Tabvla, Oct 9, 2017
  10. Hi, if you need to operate OS partition, like resize and move, please make a backup in advance or you can contact L: support@minitool.com, and the technicians can give you some advice.

MiniToolSupport, Oct 10, 2017
  11. lx07 Win User
    They will give you your money back (zero) if you make a mistake and overwrite your data obviously. Then they will find it in some backup you didn't make.

This @MiniToolSupport guy doesn't speak English very well (seems like GoogleTranslate) but their software really is OK.

Don't let him put you off.

Thema:

MiniTool Guidelines

1. MiniTool Guidelines - Similar Threads - MiniTool Guidelines

2. Which is the Best App for Cloning the Drive C: Macrium, Minitools Partition, Aoemei or EaseUS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which is the Best App for Cloning the Drive C: Macrium, Minitools Partition, Aoemei or EaseUS: Hi Backup friends.I'd like to have another bootable drive C: on the ready but in your experience which is the best app for cloning the drive C:a. Macriumb. Minitools Partitionc. Aomeid. EaseUSc. Windows 11's built in mirroring/Raid 1 I heard it needs 2 backup disks, I don'...
  3. Which is the Best App for Cloning the Drive C: Macrium, Minitools Partition, Aoemei or EaseUS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which is the Best App for Cloning the Drive C: Macrium, Minitools Partition, Aoemei or EaseUS: Hi Backup friends.I'd like to have another bootable drive C: on the ready but in your experience which is the best app for cloning the drive C:a. Macriumb. Minitools Partitionc. Aomeid. EaseUSc. Windows 11's built in mirroring/Raid 1 I heard it needs 2 backup disks, I don'...
  4. I need help with Minitool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with Minitool: Good morning or good evening. I recently installed the Software "Minitool" because I couldn't resize my C partition using the Windows default tool. After opening the software I simply followed the instructions, I made sure that 30GB of the 400 free was unallocated. I then hit...
  5. I need help with Minitool

I need help with Minitool: Good morning or good evening. I recently installed the loglogici "Minitool" because I couldn't resize my C partition using the Windows default tool. After opening the software I simply followed the instructions, I made sure that 30GB of the 400 free was unallocated. I then...
  6. I need help with Minitool

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I need help with Minitool: Good morning or good evening. I recently installed the loglogici "Minitool" because I couldn't resize my C partition using the Windows default tool. After opening the software I simply followed the instructions, I made sure that 30GB of the 400 free was unallocated. I then...
  7. My Portable Hard drive's partitions are undetected by diskmgmt & diskpart, but Minitool does..

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Portable Hard drive's partitions are undetected by diskmgmt & diskpart, but Minitool does..: Hello,I have Windows 10 Pro 21H2 installed PC which happens to show only the first partition of my portable hard drive. I don't exactly know whether this happened after installing the latest update or not. But I can confirm. I didn't have such problem before.I tried it on...
  8. My Portable Hard drive's partitions are undetected by diskmgmt & diskpart, but Minitool does..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Portable Hard drive's partitions are undetected by diskmgmt & diskpart, but Minitool does..: Hello,I have Windows 10 Pro 21H2 installed PC which happens to show only the first partition of my portable hard drive. I don't exactly know whether this happened after installing the latest update or not. But I can confirm. I didn't have such problem before.I tried it on...
  9. My Portable Hard drive's partitions are undetected by diskmgmt & diskpart, but Minitool does..

10. MiniTool MovieMaker Free 3.0 new release

MiniTool MovieMaker Free 3.0 new release: MiniTool MovieMaker’s easy-to-understand interface allows everyone to create videos with no video design experience required! Just import your files, add titles, transitions and effects. Edit audio in every video clip. Undo/Redo image/video editing. One-click applies...