Windows 10: Minitool Partition Wizard Triggers Defender Virus Alert

Discus and support Minitool Partition Wizard Triggers Defender Virus Alert in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just tried to upgrade to Partition Wizard v11 from MiniTool's web site, The file downloads OK but triggers a serious virus alert in Defender (see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Steve C, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Steve C Win User

Minitool Partition Wizard Triggers Defender Virus Alert

I just tried to upgrade to Partition Wizard v11 from MiniTool's web site, The file downloads OK but triggers a serious virus alert in Defender (see below).

I suspect this is a false positive but I've no wish to test that hypothesis.

Minitool Partition Wizard Triggers Defender Virus Alert [​IMG]

:)

Steve C, Mar 15, 2019
  2. Steve C Win User

Beware of Minitool Partition Wizard Bearing Threats

I've been using Minitool Partition Wizard (MPW) 10.2. Today I let it auto update to 10.3 but Defender stopped the update and found a 'virus' to quarantine (see below).

I worked out this is because McAfee software is bundled with the installer. I downloaded the full installer which triggered the virus alert again but I said no to the McAfee software licence. MPW 10.3 then installed OK.

I've left a support request with MiniTool stating my opinion of their shambolic update software.

Minitool Partition Wizard Triggers Defender Virus Alert [​IMG]

Steve C, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Eagle51 Win User
    Windows Defender / MiniTool Partition Wizard Free 10.3

For a week or so, Malwarebytes 3.5.1 (Paid) has been going off when opening MinTool Partition Wizard Free (10.2) and I wasn't to concerned about it. Today MiniTool Partition Wizard Free tried to update to 10.3 and Windows Defender went off on it, so not to sure what to think about it now *Sad

Windows Defender - Behavior:Win32/InstallCore.E threat description - Windows Defender Security Intelligence
    Virus Total shows it flagged as well on a couple of AVs - https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/3c...3eb8/detection

UPDATE:
    1. Decided to allow it and see what happens. McAfee Web Advisor is now included and you can opt out of installing
    2. Updated Malwarebytes just now to 3.6.1 (paid) and it's still flagging it.
    Malwarebytes
    Free Antivirus Replacement & Anti-Malware Tool | Malwarebytes

-Log Details-
    Protection Event Date: 9/19/18
    Protection Event Time: 6:29 PM
    Log File: 86e93df0-bc5b-11e8-b8af-000000000000.json

-Software Information-
    Version: 3.6.1.2711
    Components Version: 1.0.463
    Update Package Version: 1.0.6917
    License: Premium

-System Information-
    CPU: x64
    File System: NTFS
    User: System

-Blocked Website Details-
    Malicious Website: 1
    , , Blocked, [-1], [-1],0.0.0

-Website Data-
    Category: RiskWare
    Domain: tracking.minitool.com
    IP Address: 50.87.234.221
    Port: [49256]
    Type: Outbound
    File: C:\Program Files\MiniTool Partition Wizard 10\partitionwizard.exe

(end)

Eagle51, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Minitool Partition Wizard Triggers Defender Virus Alert

Windows cannot boot after merging partitions with minitool partition wizard

i previously split my drive in two with minitool partition wizard and decided to merge them again.I left it for about 16 minutes and i come back to it on the logo showing diagnosing your pc and this message showed up.Please help.

Moved from: [ Windows / Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage ]

Faris D.Antoni, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Minitool Partition Wizard Triggers Defender Virus Alert

1. Minitool Partition Wizard Triggers Defender Virus Alert - Similar Threads - Minitool Partition Wizard

2. Auf Wiedersehen - Minitool Partition Wizard Free.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auf Wiedersehen - Minitool Partition Wizard Free.: I am saddened to find that Minitool Partition Wizard Free version 12 has removed the option to copy partitions to another drive unless you pay. Welcome Easeus Partition Master Free! 165096
  3. Minitool Partition Wizard Triggers Defender Virus Alert

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Minitool Partition Wizard Triggers Defender Virus Alert: I just tried to upgrade to Partition Wizard v11 from MiniTool's web site, The file downloads OK but triggers a serious virus alert in Defender (see below). I suspect this is a false positive but I've no wish to test that hypothesis. [img] 128949
  4. MiniTool Partition Wizard 11.6 New Released : Spanish & Data Backup Added

MiniTool Partition Wizard 11.6 New Released : Spanish & Data Backup Added: MiniTool Partition wizard 11.6 New Released, For the new version, it has added Spanish as an optional language. It can be installed online and provides the free backup software MiniTool ShadowMaker and updates the Data Recovery module to its latest build. Spanish Language...
  5. Migrate OS using MiniTool's Partition Wizard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Migrate OS using MiniTool's Partition Wizard: First, I know the topic I chose wasn't actually related to my question. I want to migrate my Windows OS to a different disk on my computer but am worried I will screw it up. The System, Windows, and Windows RE partitions are on a 128GB SSD. I have a 1TB HDD as well but it has...
  6. Beware of Minitool Partition Wizard Bearing Threats

Beware of Minitool Partition Wizard Bearing Threats: I've been using Minitool Partition Wizard (MPW) 10.2. Today I let it auto update to 10.3 but Defender stopped the update and found a 'virus' to quarantine (see below). I worked out this is because McAfee software is bundled with the installer. I downloaded the full installer...
  7. Windows Defender / MiniTool Partition Wizard Free 10.3

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender / MiniTool Partition Wizard Free 10.3: For a week or so, Malwarebytes 3.5.1 (Paid) has been going off when opening MinTool Partition Wizard Free (10.2) and I wasn't to concerned about it. Today MiniTool Partition Wizard Free tried to update to 10.3 and Windows Defender went off on it, so not to sure what to think...
  8. Windows Defender / MiniTool Partition Wizard Free 10.3

Windows Defender / MiniTool Partition Wizard Free 10.3: For a week or so, Malwarebytes 3.5.1 (Paid) has been going off when opening MinTool Partition Wizard Free (10.2) and I wasn't to concerned about it. Today MiniTool Partition Wizard Free tried to update to 10.3 and Windows Defender went off on it, so not to sure what to think...
  9. MiniTool Partition Wizard 9.1 Pro (100% Discount)

MiniTool Partition Wizard 9.1 Pro (100% Discount): MiniTool Partition Wizard 9.1 Pro (100% Discount) Free Activation code http://www.topsoftbargains.com/w/min...t-coupon-code/ 38548
  10. Free version of minitool partition wizard professional

Free version of minitool partition wizard professional: Special offer on minitool partition wizrd professional - normally $39 but free. Main advantage over free version is ability to handle dynamic disks. Hurry offer ends on 27/11/16 MiniTool 2016 Happy Thanksgiving - Software Giveaway & Sales 70632

Users found this page by searching for:

1. partition wizard 12 defender alert