Windows 10: MiniTool Partition Wizard v12.3 Question Re Cloning of OS Drive.

Discus and support MiniTool Partition Wizard v12.3 Question Re Cloning of OS Drive. in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Am hoping someone who is experienced with MiniTool Partition Wizard can answer questions below about this program which I want to use for cloning of OS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Felix77, May 30, 2021.

1. Felix77 Win User

MiniTool Partition Wizard v12.3 Question Re Cloning of OS Drive.

Am hoping someone who is experienced with MiniTool Partition Wizard can answer questions below about this program which I want to use for cloning of OS C drive. Please look at each point and indicate if my understanding is correct/incorrect and answer questions if poss. 1. It is best to do operation using bootable media method for Copy Disk, Copy Disk Wizard and Migrate OS. True/False 2. Can all three of Copy Disk, Copy Disk Wizard and Migrate OS all be done using Bootable Media method ? Which ones ? 3. Are Copy Disk Wizard and Copy Disk functions the same function ?... why would someone choose one process over the other or does not matter ? 4. If any of these processes are done within Windows using MiniTool Partition Wizard (rather than using Bootable media method outside of Windows) then no restart or shutdown process happens. True/False ....have been confused with this as have studied YouTube videos showing a restart happening during a copy process done within Windows. 5. Am not wanting to specifically replace my current C drive now I would only use the clone if my current C drive fails or has some major issue. Am treating the clones destination drives as a type of regular backup. Which of three choices of Copy Disk, Copy Disk Wizard and Migrate OS is best choice for my needs as explained ? .. they seem very similar (understand that Migrate OS will only copy OS drive) ?? ................Regards Gary System Specs: My system specs are: Computer type: PC/Desktop System Manufacturer/Model Number: MSI OS: Windows10-64bit, Version 2004...OS build 19041.985 CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core AM4 Processor Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION MOBO OS drive: Samsung 970Pro NVme M2 drive 512GB Gaming drive: Samsung 970Pro NVme M2 drive 1TB Memory: G.Skill RAM, F4-3600C16D-32GTZR, 32GB Page file: on dedicated Samsung 860Pro SATA drive set to 32GB Graphics Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Duke OC 11GB Monitors are: Samsung 32inch Odyssey G7 & Dell UltraSharp U2713H 27 Inch Browser: Google Chrome Antivirus: Kaspersky AV

:)

Felix77, May 30, 2021
  2. Felix77 Win User

Am hoping someone who is experienced with MiniTool Partition Wizard can answer questions below about this program which I want to use for cloning of OS C drive. Please look at each point and indicate if my understanding is correct/incorrect and answer questions if poss.

1. It is best to do operation using bootable media method for Copy Disk, Copy Disk Wizard and Migrate OS. True/False

2. Can all three of Copy Disk, Copy Disk Wizard and Migrate OS all be done using Bootable Media method ? Which ones ?

3. Are Copy Disk Wizard and Copy Disk functions the same function ?... why would someone choose one process over the other or does not matter ?

4. If any of these processes are done within Windows using MiniTool Partition Wizard (rather than using Bootable media method outside of Windows) then no restart or shutdown process happens. True/False ....have been confused with this as have studied YouTube videos showing a restart happening during a copy process done within Windows.

5. Am not wanting to specifically replace my current C drive now I would only use the clone if my current C drive fails or has some major issue. Am treating the clones destination drives as a type of regular backup.
    Which of three choices of Copy Disk, Copy Disk Wizard and Migrate OS is best choice for my needs as explained ? .. they seem very similar (understand that Migrate OS will only copy OS drive) ?? ................Regards Gary

MiniTool Partition Wizard v12.3 Question Re Cloning of OS Drive. [​IMG]

System Specs:
    My system specs are:
    Computer type: PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model Number: MSI
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core AM4 Processor
    Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION MOBO
    OS drive: Samsung 970Pro NVme M2 drive 512GB
    Gaming drive: Samsung 970Pro NVme M2 drive 1TB
    Memory: G.Skill RAM, F4-3600C16D-32GTZR, 32GB
    Page file: on dedicated Samsung 860Pro SATA drive set to 32GB
    Graphics Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Duke OC 11GB
    Monitors are: Samsung 32inch Odyssey G7 & Dell UltraSharp U2713H 27 Inch
    Browser: Google Chrome
    Antivirus: Kaspersky AV

Felix77, May 30, 2021
  3. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there
    For copying etc I wouldn't even think of using Minitool partition wizard.
    An easy way is to use Macrium Free particularly the bootable stand alone version.
    For partition manipulation I'd download a bootable iso version of GPARTED -- use rufus to convert to bootable usb stick.

Advantage of GPARTED is that it supports zillions of different file systems !!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 30, 2021
  4. MiniTool Partition Wizard v12.3 Question Re Cloning of OS Drive.

cloneing a drive in windows 10

Hi,I have this question last year,but my os is windows 8.there are my steps of

How to clone drive in winodws

,you can check.hope that helps

First,I download a free tool of MiniTool partition wizard and launch it.

Step 1. Connect SSD to Windows 8. Install and launch MiniTool Partition Wizard Free Edition, select the source hard drive and then choose “Copy

Step 2. Select a disk to copy the source disk. Here you are expected to choose the SSD (we choose disk 3).

Note: All the data on SSD will be destroyed, so make sure you have done backup in advance. You are allowed to clone a hard drive to a smaller SSD, as long as it can hold all data in the source disk. You can also clone SSD to larger SSD by using MiniTool
    Partition Wizard Free Edition.

Step 3. Review the changes you are going to make and also change the copy options if necessary.

Step 4. MiniTool Partition Wizard will tell you how to boot from the destination hard drive. So if you are cloning boot drive to SSD, you need to pay attention.

Step 5. When you are lead to the main interface again, you can preview the changes you are going to make from the middle pane. (Here disk 3 has the same disk layout with disk 1.) If you confirm these
    changes, you should click “Apply” to make the changes effective. Hope that helps

Areil.Bart, May 30, 2021
Thema:

1. MiniTool Partition Wizard v12.3 Question Re Cloning of OS Drive. - Similar Threads - MiniTool Partition Wizard

2. Auf Wiedersehen - Minitool Partition Wizard Free.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auf Wiedersehen - Minitool Partition Wizard Free.: I am saddened to find that Minitool Partition Wizard Free version 12 has removed the option to copy partitions to another drive unless you pay. Welcome Easeus Partition Master Free! 165096
  3. Minitool Partition Wizard Triggers Defender Virus Alert

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Minitool Partition Wizard Triggers Defender Virus Alert: I just tried to upgrade to Partition Wizard v11 from MiniTool's web site, The file downloads OK but triggers a serious virus alert in Defender (see below). I suspect this is a false positive but I've no wish to test that hypothesis. [img] 128949
  4. MiniTool Partition Wizard 11.6 New Released : Spanish & Data Backup Added

MiniTool Partition Wizard 11.6 New Released : Spanish & Data Backup Added: MiniTool Partition wizard 11.6 New Released, For the new version, it has added Spanish as an optional language. It can be installed online and provides the free backup software MiniTool ShadowMaker and updates the Data Recovery module to its latest build. Spanish Language...
  5. Migrate OS using MiniTool's Partition Wizard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Migrate OS using MiniTool's Partition Wizard: First, I know the topic I chose wasn't actually related to my question. I want to migrate my Windows OS to a different disk on my computer but am worried I will screw it up. The System, Windows, and Windows RE partitions are on a 128GB SSD. I have a 1TB HDD as well but it has...
  6. Beware of Minitool Partition Wizard Bearing Threats

Beware of Minitool Partition Wizard Bearing Threats: I've been using Minitool Partition Wizard (MPW) 10.2. Today I let it auto update to 10.3 but Defender stopped the update and found a 'virus' to quarantine (see below). I worked out this is because McAfee software is bundled with the installer. I downloaded the full installer...
  7. Windows Defender / MiniTool Partition Wizard Free 10.3

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender / MiniTool Partition Wizard Free 10.3: For a week or so, Malwarebytes 3.5.1 (Paid) has been going off when opening MinTool Partition Wizard Free (10.2) and I wasn't to concerned about it. Today MiniTool Partition Wizard Free tried to update to 10.3 and Windows Defender went off on it, so not to sure what to think...
  8. Windows Defender / MiniTool Partition Wizard Free 10.3

Windows Defender / MiniTool Partition Wizard Free 10.3: For a week or so, Malwarebytes 3.5.1 (Paid) has been going off when opening MinTool Partition Wizard Free (10.2) and I wasn't to concerned about it. Today MiniTool Partition Wizard Free tried to update to 10.3 and Windows Defender went off on it, so not to sure what to think...
  9. Free version of minitool partition wizard professional

Free version of minitool partition wizard professional: Special offer on minitool partition wizrd professional - normally $39 but free. Main advantage over free version is ability to handle dynamic disks. Hurry offer ends on 27/11/16 MiniTool 2016 Happy Thanksgiving - Software Giveaway & Sales 70632
  10. Question: MiniTool Portable Partition Magic ???

Question: MiniTool Portable Partition Magic ???: Howdy, ALL: In the end... simply pursueing a data partition IMAGE COPY became so time consuming... I simply copied my DATA PARTITION FOLDERS to a 32 GB 3.0 USB stick... and pasted them to the DATA PARTITION on the new PowerSpec 1510 notebook. Not the fastest or most...