Windows 10: MiniTool Power Data Recovery to the rescue!!!

Discus and support MiniTool Power Data Recovery to the rescue!!! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just sharing this. I made another boo-boo today and deleted 500GB worth of media files (just movies and music). Don't ask me how because that's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by badrobot, Mar 15, 2015.

1. badrobot Win User

MiniTool Power Data Recovery to the rescue!!!

Just sharing this.
    I made another boo-boo today and deleted 500GB worth of media files (just movies and music). Don't ask me how because that's something nobody wants to do. *Smile

I don't keep a backup of these files. For me these are disposable files. But it would be nice if there's a way to get them back easily. And luckily, there is.

This is the 3rd time this software has saved me. The MiniTool Power Data recovery. The first one was accidental deletion of an entire partition. The second time was also accidental deletion of big files. Accidental=stupidity for me. But hey, things happen whether you like it or not.

Today I am not recovering a partition but rather "undeleting the 500GB+ of files"..

MiniTool Power Data Recovery to the rescue!!! [​IMG]

It will take probably a few hours before this process gets done.
    So, to avoid stressing out the hard drive (Seagate 2TB external drive) due to heat, I placed 4 USB fans around it.

MiniTool Power Data Recovery to the rescue!!! [​IMG]

To those who are accidentally wiping out their hard drives while testing out Win 10 TP, there is a simple solution and I highly recommend this software. The good thing about this recovery software unlike other software, you can get your files back in the same organized manner you lost them with original filenames and folder tree intact. And the best thing is, I got this software FREE from a Giveaway!

Cheers!

:)

badrobot, Mar 15, 2015

2. Broken USB Stick (Bitlocker Encrypted, Unformatted drive)

A Sandisk USB stick of mine has become broken when word crashed when I was using it one day. All Files on this device are Bitlocker Encrypted.

When trying to use the USB stick normally:

• the password for Bitlocker is requested,
    • once entered, attempting to access the drive brings up that it is unformatted and requires formatting. However formatting the drive will apparently clear the drive of all data on it.

The data recovery software I'm trying to access the files with is:

MiniTool Power Data Recovery Free Edition v7.0

I have also attempted removing bit locker from the drive, however this produces error code:

0x80070015

When command prompting:

manage-bde -off E:

IanClark_908, Mar 15, 2015
  3. My hp make pen drive problem

My hp make pen drive is shown as an icon with f drive. When I try to format or open it not responding at all. How I can solve this problem I have tried to recovery by icare data recovery tool, minitool data recovery tool. Non of them respond but it is endless
    process.

I tried using cmd command but failed.

I also tried device manager. No response at all.

Kindly help me to repair the said pen drive.

DAHYABHAI PATEL, Mar 15, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

I hope they all get recovered for you. Good job with the fans.

5. Winuser Win User
    Thanks for the info. I'll put this on my list of programs to try. Hope the recovery goes OK for you.

Winuser, Mar 15, 2015
  6. badrobot Win User
    It was an easy recovery except around 20% of the media files I recovered are sort of corrupted but most of the files I care about are fine. I made a mistake of doing "undelete recovery". I should have done a "partition recovery" instead which is what I did in the past. "Undelete recovery" is very fast. I finished recovering 500GB media files in less than 2hrs. But the only catch is that some files got corrupted. Partition recovery takes twice the time depending on the size of the hard drive but 100% of the recovered files are clean and usable. For example, 2TB hard drive can take up to 5 hrs of full scan before you can see the files that you lost. Plus, maybe, the corruption issue is due to the fact that I saved my recovered files on the same hard drive I lost them. Must be the read-write bottle neck on the same drive. Lesson learned for me this time. But I am happy I got most of them back.

2 important points:
    1. always do partition recovery (full scan) even if only the files are lost and not the partition itself.

2. Always save recovered files on a different hard drive.

Cheers!

badrobot, Mar 15, 2015
  7. Winuser Win User
    80% success isn't bad at all.

Winuser, Mar 17, 2015
  8. badrobot Win User

Yup. Not bad at all. Some of the lost files have copies here and there. Not a total loss. *Smile

badrobot, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. MiniTool Power Data Recovery to the rescue!!! - Similar Threads - MiniTool Power Data

2. Bitlocker folder rescue recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker folder rescue recovery: Hello,I have a huge problem and really need help.I had a folder on my old Windows installation which is encrypted with bitlocker.Well, then I had to reinstall Windows because it wasn't booting up anymore.Now I have the problem that the folder is still encrypted but windows...
  3. Bitlocker folder rescue recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker folder rescue recovery: Hello,I have a huge problem and really need help.I had a folder on my old Windows installation which is encrypted with bitlocker.Well, then I had to reinstall Windows because it wasn't booting up anymore.Now I have the problem that the folder is still encrypted but windows...
  4. Bitlocker folder rescue recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Is Minitool data recovery for android phone any good ?

Is Minitool data recovery for android phone any good ?: I would like to know is it possible to recover a deleted text messages from android phone using some software like Minitool data recovery or does it depend on type of phone and age of it..mine is Samsung Galaxy Xcover 3 with Android version 6.0.1. I have tried some but after...
  6. Data lost on my backup drive -Minitool disk recovery

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Data lost on my backup drive -Minitool disk recovery: Lost ~ 1 TB of data on a 2TB drive. *Banghead Tried mini tool partition wizard, 12.3 (free) and it "seems" to scan the disk. Disk Recovery runs for several hours and then crashes. It does show ~ 7-8k files it found. Information on their site says that only Pro has that...
  7. Rescue data from USB stick?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Rescue data from USB stick?: My USB stick is no longer recognized by my PC and all others and should be formatted. When I go to the disk management, the stick is displayed, but in RAW format and only with 8MB storage space although it has 2GB. Some data recovery programs like EaseUS or Recuva can't find...
  8. MiniTool Partition Wizard 11.6 New Released : Spanish & Data Backup Added

MiniTool Partition Wizard 11.6 New Released : Spanish & Data Backup Added: MiniTool Partition wizard 11.6 New Released, For the new version, it has added Spanish as an optional language. It can be installed online and provides the free backup software MiniTool ShadowMaker and updates the Data Recovery module to its latest build. Spanish Language...
  9. Recovering partitions using Kyhi's Rescue Disk Power Data Recovery too

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovering partitions using Kyhi's Rescue Disk Power Data Recovery too: Two days ago my laptop would not boot up and I got an 0xC000 0098 error code. Using bootrec /buildBCD did not work, and bootrec reported that it found 0 windows partitions on the laptop, even though I multiboot that system between a "production" install and a "scratch-test"...
  10. Save 40% to Get MiniTool Power Data Recovery Personal

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Save 40% to Get MiniTool Power Data Recovery Personal: On Friday 17 May PST you can get MiniTool Power Data Recovery - Personal Edition at a reduced price. Our price: $41.40 List price: $69.00 You save: 40% MiniTool Power Data Recovery lets anyone, regardless of technical expertise, recover lost data from deletions and...