Windows 10: Minor annoyance, but how do I figure out which app is preventing shutdown?

Discus and support Minor annoyance, but how do I figure out which app is preventing shutdown? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/NostalgiaSchmaltz [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NostalgiaSchmaltz, Dec 25, 2020.

1. Minor annoyance, but how do I figure out which app is preventing shutdown?

/u/NostalgiaSchmaltz, Dec 25, 2020
  2. Eiji T Win User

apps preventing shutdown with no name

Hello!

I'm your Independent Advisor for today. Let's figure this out and come up with a solution.

You can follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa to determine which app is causing this problem by following the steps in the link below:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Hope this helps.

Eiji T, Dec 25, 2020
  3. This App is preventing shutdown message.

*Original Title: This is preventing shutdown message.

When I shutdown I get the message "this app. is preventing shutdown". Last night it showed 'DDES window'. I can't find what DDES window is. I went through the msconfig list and I don't see anything that seems to match. What is DDES window?

LamarMasonYH, Dec 25, 2020
  4. Minor annoyance, but how do I figure out which app is preventing shutdown?

Mystery app preventing Windows 10 shutdown after update.

After much searching, and trying many, many suggestions, this is what eventually worked for me:-

Run Windows System File Checker
    Your Windows PC comes with an in-built system file checker utility program. It can scan your system files and let you know if there is some corruption over there for which you get smashed
    with the error message “Task Host Window Preventing Shutdown”. You must follow these simple steps here to run the Windows System File Checker,

• Press the Windows Logo Key + X from your PC
    • From the drop-down list select the Command Prompt(Admin)
    • Click on Yes if prompted for permission. It will open the elevated command prompt on your system
    • Now, type in the following command and press the enter button
    • sfc /scannow
    • Then, wait until the System File Checker continues the process of scanning. Press Y if the program asks for permission to apply the fixes for your missing system files
    • Finally, Restart your PC once again and check if you can get over the problem there
    I found the above on a list of several suggestions, which are on the following link, but the above was what removed the problem for me.

This App is Preventing Shutdown in Windows 10 [SOLVED]

GavinGillespie, Dec 25, 2020
Thema:

Minor annoyance, but how do I figure out which app is preventing shutdown?

1. Minor annoyance, but how do I figure out which app is preventing shutdown? - Similar Threads - Minor annoyance figure

2. Troubleshooting "This app is preventing shutdown"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubleshooting "This app is preventing shutdown": Oftentimes when I shut down my PC, I get the Closing N apps and shutting down screen. It looks like this: example 1, example 2, example 3. After a while the PC shuts down automatically.Is there a log created of this event?How to find the path to the app, that is preventing...
  3. How to figure out which hardware is causing Windows to crash?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to figure out which hardware is causing Windows to crash?: DescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 193Parameter 1: 810Parameter 2: ffff9e012bc10000Parameter 3: ffff9e01259c1480Parameter 4: 375OS version: 10_0_19041Service Pack:...
  4. How do I figure this out? I've read the sidebar and thread but, I still can't figure out...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I figure this out? I've read the sidebar and thread but, I still can't figure out...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MrOptiX [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gvsr3e/how_do_i_figure_this_out_ive_read_the_sidebar_and/
  5. How do I figure this out? I've read the sidebar and thread but, I still can't figure out...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I figure this out? I've read the sidebar and thread but, I still can't figure out...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MrOptiX [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gvs8kn/how_do_i_figure_this_out_ive_read_the_sidebar_and/
  6. apps preventing shutdown with no name

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    apps preventing shutdown with no name: [IMG][IMG] This has been happening for quite a while now and I'm really not sure whats going on? Any help would be greatly appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-preventing-shutdown-with-no-name/9db97234-3253-42ba-a194-189e1090fa30
  7. Enable app to prevent shutdown

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enable app to prevent shutdown: Is there any way to add this ability to an app? Specifically, I have moved on from WMC to Plex and while WMC would display a warning when recording live tv, but no such warning with plex. Can you add the ability for a warning "This app is preventing shutdown" with an app...
  8. App prevents shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App prevents shutdown: When I go to shut down my computer, a pop up comes on the screen saying, "An app running in the background is preventing shut down". How can I tell which up is running? and Can I close this app myself? Thanks...
  9. How to bypass "These apps are preventing shutdown"

in Windows 10 Support
    How to bypass "These apps are preventing shutdown": Hey guys Anyone know how to get rid if the above message when shutting down, ideally via gpo....(or as a last resort reg) ? Cheers. 131229
  10. How to figure out which hardware is causing Windows to crash

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to figure out which hardware is causing Windows to crash: My computer was crashed this morning, and I see the following from Reliability: Source Windows Summary Hardware error Date ‎4/‎29/‎2018 8:35 AM Status Report sent Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem...