Windows 10: Minor Bug On Desktop

Discus and support Minor Bug On Desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi. I have just re-installed Windows 10 version 2004 on my laptop. After installing back my programs, and regrouping them into folders, I noticed that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Noor Syafiq Mustapha, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Minor Bug On Desktop

Hi. I have just re-installed Windows 10 version 2004 on my laptop. After installing back my programs, and regrouping them into folders, I noticed that the Folder icons is not updated. Usually, when I put something into a folder, it would automatically update the icon to tell me that there is a file inside. Is this a bug? Please advise. Thank you.

Minor Bug On Desktop 960190e8-6e88-47dd-a264-3c1a9bbbb5f3?upload=true.jpg

:)

Noor Syafiq Mustapha, Jul 6, 2020
  2. Drewsk01 Win User

Minor bug - 17046

Hi;

Just reporting a minor bug in 17046.

When a program (such as Edge) is on the screen, clicking on an open program (in the tray) may cause the screen to go black for a period of a second or two. After this, the selected program is in the foreground and everything operates normally.

This is a minor annoyance.

Drew.

Drewsk01, Jul 6, 2020
  3. ss2020 Win User
    Desktop items open Libreoffice; windows bugged and flickering

My mother's PC had the most bizarre bug I've ever seen this morning.

PC specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit
    Version: 1903 when problem occurred (1909 now)

What happened:
    • all desktop items, including folders, opened in Libreoffice Writer; once open it displayed a blank document then began flickering as if it had bugged while scrolling
    • opened Task Manager from the task bar, selecting the second tab opened the final tab, which began flickering like Libreoffice
    • problems stopped after a restart, then occurred again after another restart; then stopped after the PC ran for a short time
    • no error popups or BSODs
    • she said Candycrush reported an error earlier but it didn't occur when I looked at it; she said it mentioned "something about the desktop"

Steps I've taken:
    • did a quick virus scan then reboot scan with Windows Defender; no problems found
    • sfc /scannow; no problems found
    • installed update KB4537572 and upgraded system to 1909; updates appear to have been successful, no other updates available

At the moment the problem has disappeared, but since it reoccurred previously I'm not sure it hasn't been fixed.

I'm out of ideas. What else can I check and what other tests can I run? Based on the given information could anyone suggest what the problem might be?

ss2020, Jul 6, 2020
  4. Minor Bug On Desktop

fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

Minor Bug On Desktop

1. Minor Bug On Desktop - Similar Threads - Minor Bug Desktop

2. Minor desktop shortcut issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minor desktop shortcut issue: I cannot delete a shortcut on my PC. I get an error code and when I click try again, I still can't manage to delete it. It is an old shortcut from an already uninstalled game. What's peculiar is that in the past, I have been able to delete shortcuts of other already installed...
  3. Minor desktop shortcut issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minor desktop shortcut issue: I cannot delete a shortcut on my PC. I get an error code and when I click try again, I still can't manage to delete it. It is an old shortcut from an already uninstalled game. What's peculiar is that in the past, I have been able to delete shortcuts of other already installed...
  4. Minor Visual Bug With Search Bar With Recent Update

in Cortana
    Minor Visual Bug With Search Bar With Recent Update: After installing the June 2021 cumulative update I noticed a minor visual glitch with the search bar. I noticed the theming/coloration within the search bar would glitch out whenever an application was launched or the taskbar was updated ex: Location services icon/pinging....
  5. A desktop Bug

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A desktop Bug: I would like to through some light on a bug that I came across after my recent windows update. In this bug, whenever I start my Desktop sometimes my icons and sometimes my taskbar got stuck, I have to put to put it on sleep multiple times so as to overcome this problem. I...
  6. Minor Touchscreen Bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Minor Touchscreen Bug: I've noticed that when I right click on my desktop, sometimes the menu opens up larger for touchscreen use, other times it doesn't, about 50 50. Happens on multiple PCs. Any idea why this happens, thanks. submitted by /u/cardgamechampion [link] [comments]...
  7. Requesting Assistance for Minor Desktop Question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Requesting Assistance for Minor Desktop Question: When i paste files onto my desktop from another location (be it the same drive or external source), for some reason the files are defaulting their paste to the top-right corner of my screen even if i'm pasting on the far left side. This is particularly bothersome since i have...
  8. Minor UI Bug Since Build 1809

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Minor UI Bug Since Build 1809: Hi everyone, The number of critical preventing bugs even in official RTM ISOs are increasing, unfortunately! Some are minor UI changes that are annoying, because since Windows 98 this was the default behavior. For users who are working with Windows 12 hours per day...
  9. Desktop BUG.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop BUG.: Before the my Hp laptop was reset, There's a Bug causing the Windows 10 desktop icon sketch and can't fit many icon as it will disappear due the screen resolution of it.I don't have any idea to fix it. [ATTACH]...
  10. Minor but very annoying bug (?) that seems to deal with keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Customization
    Minor but very annoying bug (?) that seems to deal with keyboard and mouse: Hello! Recently I've encountered very strange problem using Windows 10. At this moment I believe it's an OS bug. It messes up with keyboard and mouse, and luckily, it is very easy to reproduce. 1. Press and hold any alphanumeric button on the keyboard. 2. Try to click on...