Windows 10: minor but annoying issues on brand new inspiron 5585

Discus and support minor but annoying issues on brand new inspiron 5585 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just received this Dell as a gift for nursing school. I was really excited to have an upgraded laptop, especially from Dell but now I'm just bummed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by [texas], Oct 11, 2020.

1. [texas] Win User

minor but annoying issues on brand new inspiron 5585

I just received this Dell as a gift for nursing school. I was really excited to have an upgraded laptop, especially from Dell but now I'm just bummed out.

-My night light setting doesn't work after trying literally everything timer on, correct time zone, manually turning on..nothing. I use my laptop a lot and the blue light is terrible on my eyes.

-After about 2 weeks of having this, my left speaker started buzzing really bad. It's like nails on a chalkboard so I either have to keep the volume way down above 40 starts buzzing, I just have to turn the L speaker off or I have to use headphones. This is annoying because my professor is soft spoken so low volume is a bust and I have a baby at home so headphones aren't practical.
    -Last, but not least.. my pointer arrow thing freezes at least 2 or 3 times while using my laptop. It gets stuck for about 10 seconds. Just today, my laptop started freezing while typing and the actual cursor gets stuck.

I never had these kinds of issues with my cheap $300 ASUS laptop. I expected a lot more from an $800+ laptop. Hoping someone can help me here as I really don't have time to sit around on hold all day for customer service. I hardly have time to study.

:)

[texas], Oct 11, 2020

2. Touchpad issues on Dell Inspiron 17 7000 following Windows 10 upgrade

Hi,

Thank you for coming back to us with the current status.

Since, the above steps did not help to fix the issue. Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. I suggest you to go to the below link, download the Synaptics Touchpad driver and install it in compatibility mode.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/inspiron-7000/drivers

• Right-click on the Synaptics Touchpad driver setup file and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    If the issue still persist, I suggest you to contact to the computer manufacturer and check if they have released Synaptics Touchpad driver for Windows 10.

Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 11, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 11, 2020
  4. minor but annoying issues on brand new inspiron 5585

wifi issue brand new Surface pro 3

I just swapped a brand new SP3 with Windows 10. However, the WiFi stops periodically. Trouble shooting will not identify any problem. I reinstalled the driver as Barke suggested, still does not work. Every time when I turn on the system, WiFi will be connect.
    But it will not get on to the internet. I have to turn WiFi off and on. My old SP3 did not have this problem after I install Windows 10 preview and even after clean installation. It is a very annoying issue. Can anyone help? Please do not ask me whether I
    update it. It is all updated. Brand new SP3 OME windows 10!

Thanks,

Jason

Trytolovewindows, Oct 11, 2020
Thema:

minor but annoying issues on brand new inspiron 5585

1. minor but annoying issues on brand new inspiron 5585 - Similar Threads - minor annoying issues

2. Video TDR Failure on brand new Dell Inspiron

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video TDR Failure on brand new Dell Inspiron: My new less than 1 month old Windows 11 system has been shutting down whenever it goes to sleep, causing me to lose data and settings in my apps. I updated all drivers, ran multiple troubleshooters, and finagled with the power settings which the troubleshooter, however, has...
  3. Video TDR Failure on brand new Dell Inspiron

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video TDR Failure on brand new Dell Inspiron: My new less than 1 month old Windows 11 system has been shutting down whenever it goes to sleep, causing me to lose data and settings in my apps. I updated all drivers, ran multiple troubleshooters, and finagled with the power settings which the troubleshooter, however, has...
  4. Some minor issues

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Some minor issues: I just upgraded to an asus gtx 1650 super graphics card and encounter some issues. 1) The night light in display setting can't work. 2) In device manager, under other devices, there is a pci device coming out of nowhere which doesn't have a driver for it. 3) When installing...
  5. Minor, annoying change in last update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Minor, annoying change in last update: Hi, this is a small perhaps silly issue, but one that's really bugging me. It is about the internet connectivity icon on the taskbar. Before the last update, this icon was the standard wifi icon, which showed a yellow warning if wifi was on but unable to connect, and a red...
  6. Annoying Event ID 41 Task 63 Issue for a brand new PC. Please Help!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Annoying Event ID 41 Task 63 Issue for a brand new PC. Please Help!: Just resetted my Windows 10 Pro as I have been experiencing Event ID 41 with my previous installation which was only 4 days old. Just re-installed Windows 3 hours ago...and am still experiencing the same issue. A feasible solution will be greatly appreciated. Thank you...
  7. Issues with Brand-New Computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues with Brand-New Computer: Hi all, I recently purchased a new PowerSpec G433 Gaming Desktop and am experiencing major issues with regards to video and audio freezing constantly when playing games, but never when just browsing online or doing work. Of the two games that I’ve tried on it (Minecraft,...
  8. issue with brand new keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    issue with brand new keyboard: Sculpt Keyboard only works for a few seconds and then dies. Mouse never stops working. Batteries are new (keyboard is new) tried: rebooting. windows updates. installed MouseKeyboardCenter_64bit_ENG_11.1 nothing uninstalled MouseKeyboardCenter_64bit_ENG_11.1...
  9. Minor log on issue

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Minor log on issue: I'm using Windows 10 on a MacBook Air via Parallels. Right from the get-go, when Win10 became available, I've had a minor logon issue. When I get to the bootup window asking for my password pin, it doesn't work. Instead, I get the following message... User name or...
  10. Minor issues with autoplay

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Minor issues with autoplay: Hello! When I connect a USB Flash drive or my USB hard disk I see the message "Click here to see what happens when you connect a device" as usual. Except that clicking on it does nothing! Also nothing when I click on the message in Notifications. I have enabled autoplay,...