Windows 10: Minor Dilemma

Discus and support Minor Dilemma in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have recently installed a Linux Samba file server on my home network. All is well with it. The issue I'm having is my one Win 10 machine is seeing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ebmm, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Ebmm Win User

Minor Dilemma

I have recently installed a Linux Samba file server on my home network. All is well with it. The issue I'm having is my one Win 10 machine is seeing itself, the other Win 10 machine, the router and the Linux. This machine (the other Win 10) only sees itself and the other Win 10 machine. All "obvious" settings seem to be correct.

Any ideas?

Thx so much in advance.

:)

2. dilemma

It does mean that your access points in connectivity is not yet configured for any of the access method be it 3G, wap, gprs etc. For some providers, the configuration is downloaded automatically if the service is part of the package of the contract, for
    some one have to call them to download it.

Call your provider what are the services included in your contract, & have them download the configuration, or how to configure it manually.

Message Edited by android on 15-Dec-2007 07:05 AM

android---01, Dec 19, 2015
  3. dilemma

Hi there, I'm confuse here. I had no prob connecting my N5300 thru the laptop but the prob is i did try 2 install dictionary in my mobile via internet. But when i try to open it on my mobile it prompt me 'subscribe to packet data first'. What is that n
    where should i subscribe it n how? Hope u can help me coz i oredi give up in searching n this is my last solution.

jortizsabrina, Dec 19, 2015
  4. Ebmm Win User

Minor Dilemma

I discovered that SMB file sharing was off in windows features yet that has not resolved the issue. To my surprise, no change.

5. Ebmm Win User
    I've discovered the issue, not the resolve though. It's not that the one Win 10 machine is unable to view the Samba file server, it's that the two Win 10 machines can't at the same time. It's one or the other. Both Win 10 machines share the same MS account. Same account email and account name. The two have different computer names but the same user. Could this be the issue and if so, what can I do as both Win machines need to remain on the same MS account.

6. How about, create a new user on the server, and then map a drive to the server using different credentials? My first thought...

play2mefish, Dec 20, 2015
  7. Ebmm Win User
    Good idea! I'll try that tomorrow. I just refuse to accept having to change to local logins, seems like a easy copout of an answer that I've heard elswhere. I can't believe that the thousands of multiple windows device users, that are synced via the same MS account, can't be connected to a file server, Linux or not Linux.

8. Ebmm Win User

Minor Dilemma

Haven't been able to gain a solution so it's on the back burner for a while. Thanks

9. Check versions of the SMB protocol. I have an issue with a multi function dell copier scanner and the issue is it uses a later version of the smb protocol and the windows 7 workstations I want it to connect to can't. This could be an issue...at least it is something to check.

play2mefish, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Minor Dilemma

1. Minor Dilemma - Similar Threads - Minor Dilemma

2. Changing a minors settings/ permissions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing a minors settings/ permissions: My daughter has turned 17 and is looking for a job. unfortunately every site she visits requires my permission. What do I change on her account to stop the permission requirement....
  3. I am facing a very minor issue with the transparency of my start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I am facing a very minor issue with the transparency of my start menu: Basically nothing is transparent, and I do not know why. I am not sure if this was sudden or has been like this for a long time, but from what I saw, many people had transparent start menus. I tried searching about it but got no solution. PS: I also use taskbarx and rainmeter...
  4. Windows 10 - What happens if you restart in the middle of a minor does not need to restart...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - What happens if you restart in the middle of a minor does not need to restart...: Some updates do not need to restart in order to install. I have a registry key that will cause my computer to crash at will, which I used the default setting for. This registry key was set in the rare, but to me possible, case that my computer is taken control of and I...
  5. The last column of tiles in the Action Center is cropped. It's a minor thing but it drives...

The last column of tiles in the Action Center is cropped. It's a minor thing but it drives...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/benya01 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lenf20/the_last_column_of_tiles_in_the_action_center_is/
  6. Display has a minor greenish/yellowish tint to it.

Display has a minor greenish/yellowish tint to it.: How do i fix this? It's like the blue light filter but a bit greener. I checked whether the filter was on and it is off. How do I fix this? It's most noticeable on white backgrounds. submitted by /u/ItzN0tMe [link] [comments]...
  7. Microsoft tests minor tweaks for Windows 10 Start Menu, Registry editor

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft tests minor tweaks for Windows 10 Start Menu, Registry editor: To help you find your apps faster, Microsoft is testing a new folder logic in Start menu’s all apps list that will reduce clutter. In addition, Microsoft is also working on a new feature for the Registry editor. Windows 10 uses a special database or location called...
  8. Minor annoyance, but how do I figure out which app is preventing shutdown?

Minor annoyance, but how do I figure out which app is preventing shutdown?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/NostalgiaSchmaltz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kk1q7h/minor_annoyance_but_how_do_i_figure_out_which_app/
  9. Tuvan language keyboard/increased support for the minority languages of Russia and the...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tuvan language keyboard/increased support for the minority languages of Russia and the...: I was thinking of possibly having a Tuvan keyboard for Windows 10, to be able to type in that language and I just loveTuvan throat singing and that it's such a remote language that's dying out and I love minority languages and the majority language of Russian, in the former...
  10. Windows 10 21H1, if it ships at all, could be another minor release

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 21H1, if it ships at all, could be another minor release: In October, Microsoft finally shipped the October 2020 Update for Windows 10 with minor tweaks to the Start Menu, taskbar, and toast notifications. When you consider the rumours, it’s clear that big changes are in the roadmap for Windows 10, but Microsoft is not yet ready to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is minor dilemma