Windows 10: Minor Dilemma

Discus and support Minor Dilemma in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have recently installed a Linux Samba file server on my home network. All is well with it. The issue I'm having is my one Win 10 machine is seeing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ebmm, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Ebmm Win User

Minor Dilemma

I have recently installed a Linux Samba file server on my home network. All is well with it. The issue I'm having is my one Win 10 machine is seeing itself, the other Win 10 machine, the router and the Linux. This machine (the other Win 10) only sees itself and the other Win 10 machine. All "obvious" settings seem to be correct.

Any ideas?

Thx so much in advance.

:)

2. dilemma

It does mean that your access points in connectivity is not yet configured for any of the access method be it 3G, wap, gprs etc. For some providers, the configuration is downloaded automatically if the service is part of the package of the contract, for
    some one have to call them to download it.

Call your provider what are the services included in your contract, & have them download the configuration, or how to configure it manually.

Message Edited by android on 15-Dec-2007 07:05 AM

android---01, Dec 19, 2015
  3. dilemma

Hi there, I'm confuse here. I had no prob connecting my N5300 thru the laptop but the prob is i did try 2 install dictionary in my mobile via internet. But when i try to open it on my mobile it prompt me 'subscribe to packet data first'. What is that n
    where should i subscribe it n how? Hope u can help me coz i oredi give up in searching n this is my last solution.

jortizsabrina, Dec 19, 2015
  4. Ebmm Win User

Minor Dilemma

I discovered that SMB file sharing was off in windows features yet that has not resolved the issue. To my surprise, no change.

5. Ebmm Win User
    I've discovered the issue, not the resolve though. It's not that the one Win 10 machine is unable to view the Samba file server, it's that the two Win 10 machines can't at the same time. It's one or the other. Both Win 10 machines share the same MS account. Same account email and account name. The two have different computer names but the same user. Could this be the issue and if so, what can I do as both Win machines need to remain on the same MS account.

6. How about, create a new user on the server, and then map a drive to the server using different credentials? My first thought...

play2mefish, Dec 20, 2015
  7. Ebmm Win User
    Good idea! I'll try that tomorrow. I just refuse to accept having to change to local logins, seems like a easy copout of an answer that I've heard elswhere. I can't believe that the thousands of multiple windows device users, that are synced via the same MS account, can't be connected to a file server, Linux or not Linux.

8. Ebmm Win User

Minor Dilemma

Haven't been able to gain a solution so it's on the back burner for a while. Thanks

9. Check versions of the SMB protocol. I have an issue with a multi function dell copier scanner and the issue is it uses a later version of the smb protocol and the windows 7 workstations I want it to connect to can't. This could be an issue...at least it is something to check.

play2mefish, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Minor Dilemma

1. Minor Dilemma - Similar Threads - Minor Dilemma

2. how to correct the birthday in error showing as minor in error for my outlook account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to correct the birthday in error showing as minor in error for my outlook account.: how to correct the birthday in error for my outlook account. i set it up in error as minor previously. now i want to purchase microsoft365 account but system does not allow me. thanks for any help and apply...
  3. how to correct the birthday in error showing as minor in error for my outlook account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to correct the birthday in error showing as minor in error for my outlook account.: how to correct the birthday in error for my outlook account. i set it up in error as minor previously. now i want to purchase microsoft365 account but system does not allow me. thanks for any help and apply...
  4. Minor stuttering/freeze when opening quick settings only on startup and GPU temp not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minor stuttering/freeze when opening quick settings only on startup and GPU temp not...: This has been a consistent issue for me for months now and I haven't found a single fix yet, so I'm hoping I can find a solution or at least what is causing it here. It's a relatively new laptop so I'm desperate looking for help.. My Laptop Specs:-Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3...
  5. Minor stuttering/freeze when opening quick settings only on startup and GPU temp not...

Minor stuttering/freeze when opening quick settings only on startup and GPU temp not...: This has been a consistent issue for me for months now and I haven't found a single fix yet, so I'm hoping I can find a solution or at least what is causing it here. It's a relatively new laptop so I'm desperate looking for help.. My Laptop Specs:-Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3...
  6. Minor stuttering when opening quick settings only on startup and GPU temp not showing in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minor stuttering when opening quick settings only on startup and GPU temp not showing in...: This has been a consistent issue for me for months now and I haven't found a single fix yet, so I'm hoping I can find a solution or at least what is causing it here. It's a relatively new laptop so I'm desperate looking for help.. My Laptop Specs:-Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3...
  7. Minor stuttering when opening quick settings only on startup and GPU temp not showing in...

Minor stuttering when opening quick settings only on startup and GPU temp not showing in...: This has been a consistent issue for me for months now and I haven't found a single fix yet, so I'm hoping I can find a solution or at least what is causing it here. It's a relatively new laptop so I'm desperate looking for help.. My Laptop Specs:-Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3...
  8. Minor desktop shortcut issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minor desktop shortcut issue: I cannot delete a shortcut on my PC. I get an error code and when I click try again, I still can't manage to delete it. It is an old shortcut from an already uninstalled game. What's peculiar is that in the past, I have been able to delete shortcuts of other already installed...
  9. Minor desktop shortcut issue

Minor desktop shortcut issue: I cannot delete a shortcut on my PC. I get an error code and when I click try again, I still can't manage to delete it. It is an old shortcut from an already uninstalled game. What's peculiar is that in the past, I have been able to delete shortcuts of other already installed...
  10. Minor BSOD on start up. No boot loop, and issue could not be recreated by restarting, pls help

Minor BSOD on start up. No boot loop, and issue could not be recreated by restarting, pls help: Hello,I already have a question up, and I was helped by a very kind technician named DaveM121 earlier this week. He helped me resolve some BSODs that I had while playing some games. Due to his help I managed to update my BIOS and Chipset. No issues thus far, UNTIL today....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is minor dilemma