Windows 10: Minor flaw with taskbar?

Discus and support Minor flaw with taskbar? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is easier to describe with screenshots, which I hope make my question clear. In short, my taskbar/tray was OK until I removed the Desktop toolbar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Terrypin, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Terrypin Win User

Minor flaw with taskbar?

This is easier to describe with screenshots, which I hope make my question clear. In short, my taskbar/tray was OK until I removed the Desktop toolbar to provide a bit more space. But although it's admittedly a trivial glitch I'd like to get rid of that residual part of the QuickLaunch top item.

Minor flaw with taskbar? [​IMG]

Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.592)

:)

Terrypin, Feb 5, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Feb 5, 2020
  3. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Feb 5, 2020
  4. Minor flaw with taskbar?

Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

Minor flaw with taskbar?

1. Minor flaw with taskbar? - Similar Threads - Minor flaw taskbar

2. Add/Removing a Minor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add/Removing a Minor: My son who is a minor is on a strangers family safety account. I need my son removed from that account so I can add him to mine. How can we accomplish this if we do not know the family organizer?...
  3. Windows 11 minor flaw in Start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 minor flaw in Start menu: Hello!I found a minor design flaw in Windows 11 start menu. In a particular instant, we can find the windows 8/10 logo instead of windows 11 logo.Open the start menu in windows 11 and then type in the search field "\test123" for example, or basically search for anything that...
  4. Windows 11 minor flaw in Start menu

Windows 11 minor flaw in Start menu: Hello!I found a minor design flaw in Windows 11 start menu. In a particular instant, we can find the windows 8/10 logo instead of windows 11 logo.Open the start menu in windows 11 and then type in the search field "\test123" for example, or basically search for anything that...
  5. Flawed software.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Flawed software.: When will you fix the recent updates that cause browsers both firefox and edge to crash every time I try to print from the browsers. Printers work fine when printing from Word. fr...
  6. Cortana for minors

in Cortana
    Cortana for minors: I'm thirteen years but can't sing into Cortana. Are thirteen-years old's under the age restriction? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-for-minors/63b5d36f-6e7f-476f-8319-95dba7566af1
  7. Minor Touchscreen Bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Minor Touchscreen Bug: I've noticed that when I right click on my desktop, sometimes the menu opens up larger for touchscreen use, other times it doesn't, about 50 50. Happens on multiple PCs. Any idea why this happens, thanks. submitted by /u/cardgamechampion [link] [comments]...
  8. Authenticator flaw.

Authenticator flaw.: Is there a way to block access after accepting a request on Authenticator? My friend was out in public and got two requests at the same time (one was them and another from someone behind them). It got them very worried and this should be a very clear feature if you...
  9. Minor log on issue

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Minor log on issue: I'm using Windows 10 on a MacBook Air via Parallels. Right from the get-go, when Win10 became available, I've had a minor logon issue. When I get to the bootup window asking for my password pin, it doesn't work. Instead, I get the following message... User name or...
  10. Minor Dilemma

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Minor Dilemma: I have recently installed a Linux Samba file server on my home network. All is well with it. The issue I'm having is my one Win 10 machine is seeing itself, the other Win 10 machine, the router and the Linux. This machine (the other Win 10) only sees itself and the other Win...