Windows 10: Minor issues with autoplay

Discus and support Minor issues with autoplay in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! When I connect a USB Flash drive or my USB hard disk I see the message "Click here to see what happens when you connect a device" as usual.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by spapakons, Oct 30, 2015.

1. spapakons Win User

Minor issues with autoplay

Hello!

When I connect a USB Flash drive or my USB hard disk I see the message "Click here to see what happens when you connect a device" as usual. Except that clicking on it does nothing! Also nothing when I click on the message in Notifications. I have enabled autoplay, but I don't know why is not working. Same problem when I insert a DVD in the drive. Clicking on the message does nothing. Not that I really need it, but it is faster and more convenient to click on the message and then select Open with explorer than to have to do it manually from This PC.

Another strange issue is that right-clicking on the network icon or the volume icon doesn't show the relevant context menu. Left-clicking works fine. Right-clicking anywhere else works fine. Any ideas?

I'm going to search for malware using Malwarebytes Antimalware and post it I have any news.

Thanks.

:)

spapakons, Oct 30, 2015

2. Windows 10 Pro -- CD AutoPlay Not Working

Hello,

Since I started using Windows 10, autoplay has stopped working. I have played with all of the autoplay settings. No matter what type of disc I insert, it will not autoplay.

Is this an issue with Windows 10?

jeffzervos, Oct 30, 2015
  3. actin centre autoplay does not work

Hi Michael,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you with the issue.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue. Follow the below steps.

• Type Autoplay on the search bar and select Autoplay settings

• Turn on the Autoplay and also Choose Autoplay Default.

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 30, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

When you connect a USB HDD or Flash Drive does it show in File Explorer,same for a DVD does it show as being in the drive in File Explorer ?

As i am sure you know if set autoplay take no action will get this box, of course if you set an action will not get the box.
    Ever try SFC and DSIM ? Since having other issues.

jds63, Oct 30, 2015
  5. spapakons Win User
    Yes, it shows in This PC and I can use it without any problem. I haven't tried sfc yet. Maybe later. Malwarebytes Antimalware found some malware and removed them. Still nothing when I click "tap to see what happens" message. I'll run Spybot now and later sfc to see if there is any progress. Thanks

spapakons, Oct 30, 2015
  6. spapakons Win User
    After running scf /scannow it found that I had modified some DLLs to replace the icons and restored them. Right-click worked fine. I used Customizer God to replace the icons again because I don't like the flat Windows 10 default icons. Right-click doesn't work again. If I am to choose between right-click and icons, I choose icons, so I don't care about right-click. If there is a workaround without changing the icons back to default, I will welcome it, otherwise it's OK.

I then went to Settings, made sure autoplay is enabled and I set "Removable drive", "Memory card" and "Digital video device" to "Ask me every time". I plugged my USB hard disk and this time worked. Not sure if running sfc helped, but now it works.

Thank you all for your help.

spapakons, Oct 30, 2015
  7. jds63 Win User
    Your welcome. Try both sfc and DISM reboot after and do both of them a couple of times. Since using third party software for certain ways of doing things might be causing some issues, but not familiar with this software. Make sure have all your updates to windows completed.
    Can only think either file corruption, software conflict, shell extension issues and maybe missing or older drivers.

jds63, Oct 30, 2015
  8. spapakons Win User

I guess that the pnidui.dll (network icons) and SndVolSSO.dll (volume icons) files has some sort of digital signature which is void after replacing the icons and they do not work properly. That's why right-clicking doesn't work when I replace the icons with Customizer God. Or maybe the code for right-clicking is at specific place which changes after I replace the icons and is not found to execute. Never mind.

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Minor issues with autoplay - Similar Threads - Minor issues autoplay

2. Minor desktop shortcut issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minor desktop shortcut issue: I cannot delete a shortcut on my PC. I get an error code and when I click try again, I still can't manage to delete it. It is an old shortcut from an already uninstalled game. What's peculiar is that in the past, I have been able to delete shortcuts of other already installed...
  3. Minor desktop shortcut issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minor desktop shortcut issue: I cannot delete a shortcut on my PC. I get an error code and when I click try again, I still can't manage to delete it. It is an old shortcut from an already uninstalled game. What's peculiar is that in the past, I have been able to delete shortcuts of other already installed...
  4. Autoplay not autoplaying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Autoplay not autoplaying: Recently, my radio station stopped autoplaying. I searched and found How to Enable or Disable Media Autoplay in Microsoft Edge in Windows - Microsoft Community to remember where the setting resides. I checked and the url is still in the Allow section. Why won't it autoplay?...
  5. Autoplay not autoplaying

Autoplay not autoplaying: Recently, my radio station stopped autoplaying. I searched and found How to Enable or Disable Media Autoplay in Microsoft Edge in Windows - Microsoft Community to remember where the setting resides. I checked and the url is still in the Allow section. Why won't it autoplay?...
  6. Bizarre Headphone Autoplay Issue

Bizarre Headphone Autoplay Issue: This is what I'm seeing:So for starters, I'd like to know what exactly in Windows this is based on its appearance, and if there's a way I could hunt it down on my system to disable it? I have completely disabled Autoplay in both Settings, and Control Panel, setting everything...
  7. Some minor issues

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Some minor issues: I just upgraded to an asus gtx 1650 super graphics card and encounter some issues. 1) The night light in display setting can't work. 2) In device manager, under other devices, there is a pci device coming out of nowhere which doesn't have a driver for it. 3) When installing...
  8. Issues with AutoPlay on Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issues with AutoPlay on Windows: I have windows 10. is there a bug in windows that autoplay doesn't work anymore? ***Original title: autoplay*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issues-with-autoplay-on-windows/411857e1-5470-47cb-8c15-c008c335437f
  9. 2 monitor minor issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2 monitor minor issue: Hello all. I have a tv plugged to my pc as second monitor. Thing is, boot screen would appear on my 2nd monitor (TV) instead of main monitor. Even if TV is off. I would see image once the lock screen would appear. 'Main monitor' option on Screen was selected. Solutions?...
  10. Minor log on issue

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Minor log on issue: I'm using Windows 10 on a MacBook Air via Parallels. Right from the get-go, when Win10 became available, I've had a minor logon issue. When I get to the bootup window asking for my password pin, it doesn't work. Instead, I get the following message... User name or...