Windows 10: Minor problem switching on PC

Discus and support Minor problem switching on PC in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Sometimes when my husbands starts his pc from cold, it starts the process then before loading the OS it switches off again - or it appears to. Let... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TraceyW, Jan 11, 2019.

1. TraceyW Win User

Minor problem switching on PC

Hi

Sometimes when my husbands starts his pc from cold, it starts the process then before loading the OS it switches off again - or it appears to. Let me explain. What I've said does indeed happen but if he leaves it long enough perhaps 30-45 seconds it runs up no bother. It doesn't always do this either - only sometimes.

In fact having just thought about what I've just written I'm wondering if its the new style BIOS looking to see what is installed since it does not show the mobo graphic a second time. If I'm right though, it does seem to spend a lot of time checking the make-up of the PC and I'm wondering whether anything may be dying, e.g. a hard drive for example.

Its difficult to know what else to say about it as I just don't know what it could possibly be. What I will say is that his PC includes the following:

Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 mobo
    RAM 16GB
    Processor i7-4770K
    Nine physical drives totalling 12.24TB six of which are internal, three external and includes at least two SSDs
    All drives are MBR except one, a 3TB drive which is GPT

Does anyone have any comments? I should add that his PC has been behaving intermittently like this for some time and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Tracey

:)

TraceyW, Jan 11, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Minor problem switching on PC

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Minor problem switching on PC

1. Minor problem switching on PC - Similar Threads - Minor problem switching

2. Nintendo switch to pc problems for Minecraft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nintendo switch to pc problems for Minecraft: I've linked my son's Nintendo switch Minecraft acc to my email and I am confused why it doesn't allow him to open bedrock edition on pc. If I need to purchase a new account then I can but I'm not willing to if there is a way since he recently got a computer and he thinks he...
  3. Nintendo switch to pc problems for Minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nintendo switch to pc problems for Minecraft: I've linked my son's Nintendo switch Minecraft acc to my email and I am confused why it doesn't allow him to open bedrock edition on pc. If I need to purchase a new account then I can but I'm not willing to if there is a way since he recently got a computer and he thinks he...
  4. Action Center minor problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Action Center minor problem: No pencil button and the battery button.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-minor-problem/1b4ce5a9-47f9-4bae-9b17-eaf52fd817b0
  5. Action Center minor problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Action Center minor problem: No pencil button and the battery button.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-minor-problem/1b4ce5a9-47f9-4bae-9b17-eaf52fd817b0
  6. Microsoft Edge (latest version) minor problem

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge (latest version) minor problem: I am not sure what is the problem with this information on Microsoft Edge. Yes I am using the latest version of Edge. Here is the information below that show on the monitor about the problem. Your connection isn't secure This site uses an outdated security configuration...
  7. Cortana for minors

in Cortana
    Cortana for minors: I'm thirteen years but can't sing into Cortana. Are thirteen-years old's under the age restriction? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-for-minors/63b5d36f-6e7f-476f-8319-95dba7566af1
  8. Major problem and small minor problems with my PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Major problem and small minor problems with my PC: Ever since I installed a new motherboard along with a new cpu and ram, I’ve been having issues. I used to have a problem where I would boot into a no signal screen before login screen and I would just be stuck, I could temporarily fix it by hard resetting my pc via the power...
  9. Minor second monitor problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Minor second monitor problem: So, I recent got a second monitor, and it's amazing, my whole setup feels completely different. One minor issue I have with it though is that when I'm gaming, I want to have my game on one monitor with yt or Spotify or Faceit or whatever on my second. The only problem is I...
  10. Minor Feature Request - Sign-in switch with keyboard

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Minor Feature Request - Sign-in switch with keyboard: Current Functionality If during last login fingerprint was used, the user needs to click in Sign-in Options and then select PIN Pad or Password before they can login. Change Requested If a key on the keyboard is pressed, the last mode of Sign-in option should appear and...