Windows 10: Minor problem switching on PC

Discus and support Minor problem switching on PC in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Sometimes when my husbands starts his pc from cold, it starts the process then before loading the OS it switches off again - or it appears to. Let... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TraceyW, Jan 11, 2019.

1. TraceyW Win User

Minor problem switching on PC

Hi

Sometimes when my husbands starts his pc from cold, it starts the process then before loading the OS it switches off again - or it appears to. Let me explain. What I've said does indeed happen but if he leaves it long enough perhaps 30-45 seconds it runs up no bother. It doesn't always do this either - only sometimes.

In fact having just thought about what I've just written I'm wondering if its the new style BIOS looking to see what is installed since it does not show the mobo graphic a second time. If I'm right though, it does seem to spend a lot of time checking the make-up of the PC and I'm wondering whether anything may be dying, e.g. a hard drive for example.

Its difficult to know what else to say about it as I just don't know what it could possibly be. What I will say is that his PC includes the following:

Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 mobo
    RAM 16GB
    Processor i7-4770K
    Nine physical drives totalling 12.24TB six of which are internal, three external and includes at least two SSDs
    All drives are MBR except one, a 3TB drive which is GPT

Does anyone have any comments? I should add that his PC has been behaving intermittently like this for some time and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Tracey

:)

TraceyW, Jan 11, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Minor problem switching on PC

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Minor problem switching on PC

1. Minor problem switching on PC - Similar Threads - Minor problem switching

2. Problem switching to GPT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem switching to GPT: The background :- 1. I installed Win10 pro over Win7x64 ultimate on Computer A which went smoothly. 2. I noted the install was on a single partition on the SSD. The SSD over provisioning area had vanished. There was no separate boot partition presumably because there had...
  3. Problem with switching languages

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with switching languages: After the last Windows update in December, I cannot switch the languages on the keyboard. This issue occurs each time after the update. But the last update is getting me mad because I cannot switch languages at all!...
  4. Minor log on issue

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Minor log on issue: I'm using Windows 10 on a MacBook Air via Parallels. Right from the get-go, when Win10 became available, I've had a minor logon issue. When I get to the bootup window asking for my password pin, it doesn't work. Instead, I get the following message... User name or...
  5. Problems Switching Accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Problems Switching Accounts: I switched to a local account but cannot switch back to a MS account. I go through the loops of putting in my email addess and password then authorising it on my phone but nothing changes at all. I am using build 10240 and have not had any problems logging on. Anyone...
  6. Minor issues with autoplay

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Minor issues with autoplay: Hello! When I connect a USB Flash drive or my USB hard disk I see the message "Click here to see what happens when you connect a device" as usual. Except that clicking on it does nothing! Also nothing when I click on the message in Notifications. I have enabled autoplay,...
  7. Minor Dilemma

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Minor Dilemma: I have recently installed a Linux Samba file server on my home network. All is well with it. The issue I'm having is my one Win 10 machine is seeing itself, the other Win 10 machine, the router and the Linux. This machine (the other Win 10) only sees itself and the other Win...
  8. switch-on problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    switch-on problem: After upgrading my Win 10, I now find at 'switch-on', the P.C now LOCKS at initial switch-on and needs to be switched , on/off, before booting Greatly appreciate any help, why this should happen. 86123
  9. Windows 10 Start menu errors and a few minor problems.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Start menu errors and a few minor problems.: I installed windows 10 a few months ago and I was using it for about 4 weeks, then one day everything on my task bar (including start menu, cortana, calendar volume) stopped responding, only my opened windows worked (Chrome, skype) and there was no sound and the brightness...
  10. Two minor problems after 13 days with W10

in Windows 10 Support
    Two minor problems after 13 days with W10: After 13 days with W10, I have two small problems: 1) I cannot copy (or move) files (or folders) to the left pane of File Explorer (OK to right pane): http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/a...psq8qt1mxt.gif 2) Windows Update only show Windows Defender updates. The other...