Windows 10: Minor Visual Bug With Search Bar With Recent Update

Discus and support Minor Visual Bug With Search Bar With Recent Update in Cortana to solve the problem; After installing the June 2021 cumulative update I noticed a minor visual glitch with the search bar. I noticed the theming/coloration within the... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Mark Teplitz, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Minor Visual Bug With Search Bar With Recent Update

After installing the June 2021 cumulative update I noticed a minor visual glitch with the search bar. I noticed the theming/coloration within the search bar would glitch out whenever an application was launched or the taskbar was updated ex: Location services icon/pinging. Hovering over the search bar with the mouse pointer/icon "fixes" the glitch but the visual glitch happens again whenever an application is launched or the taskbar is updated ex: Location services icon/pinging. Any idea what is causing this ex: drivers? This isn't a major issue but I thought I would bring it up nonethel

:)

Mark Teplitz, Jun 9, 2021
  2. Mark C S Win User

windows 10 search bar returns an invalid link for Visual Studio 2019

Hi!

TIA for your help.

I re-installed Visual Studio 2019 and despite the installer creating the correct ".lnk" file in the Start Menu folder in ProgramData, when you type "Vis" in the search bar the link does not work. The search result looks like this:

Minor Visual Bug With Search Bar With Recent Update d6385148-26fb-4c6a-b5ed-efc00469b695?upload=true.png

I have previously disabled Cortana and previous upgrades/reinstalls have not caused this problem. I created a second Admin account and found that all works fine for that account for the same Cortana settings.

When working correctly, the "Open" link above is followed by "Run as Administrator" and other options and the Recent list contains my recent projects - not an old one as shown. Right clicking on the "Visual Studio 2019" link also lists various options for
    opening or pinning the file.

The search bar works fine for other products, suggesting it is the recent re-install that has caused the problem.

I have tried re-building the index via Indexing Options as well as sfc /scannow (after using DISM to check and restore the health of the windows image.

Any help finding a solution to this would be very much appreciated

Many thanks

Mark

Mark C S, Jun 9, 2021
  3. jbailey8 Win User
    HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Jun 9, 2021
  4. Jay Jap Win User

Minor Visual Bug With Search Bar With Recent Update

Search bar stuck while trying to type in the search bar

Hello DhananjayaSwain,

We would like to know more information regarding your concern so that we will know why the search bar is not working. Have you recently made any changes/updates prior to this issue?

Did you run the troubleshooter to rebuild the indexing? If not, I would suggest that you run the troubleshooter to fix common indexing issue. You can run the troubleshooter by performing these steps:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type
      Troubleshoot.
    • Choose Troubleshoot in the results.
    • Under Find and fix other problems highlight
      Search and Indexing then click Run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Jun 9, 2021
Thema:

Minor Visual Bug With Search Bar With Recent Update

1. Minor Visual Bug With Search Bar With Recent Update - Similar Threads - Minor Visual Bug

2. search bar bug

in Cortana
    search bar bug: i am having a bug in search bar, as soon as i open any other window or start my laptop y search bar goes smaller and look like this :any solution for this?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-bug/b6104e7d-b101-4291-acef-b3fe07935f7e
  3. Search Bar graphical bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search Bar graphical bug: I am experiencing a grapical bug with the windows search bar, it looks like this:What happened before this issue appeared is the following: I left my Laptop with a low battery in hibernation over night lid closed. I woke up to a bluescreen the following day, something about...
  4. Search Bar Bug

Search Bar Bug: Can someone help me with this? The search bar appears to have some bugs. It appears every startup, and goes back to normal when I click. But at some time, the bug will re-appear for unknown reason. Though still functional. THis might not be a big deal for others, but for me,...
  5. Search Bar Bugged

Search Bar Bugged: Search bar breaks when I use my mic I'm on dark mode by the way. Any clue what this is? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-bugged/120e0fc1-d16d-4189-a070-bcf11b0238c6
  6. Weird Visual Bug With Search Bar

in Cortana
    Weird Visual Bug With Search Bar: Only occasionally will it appear. But when it does, I have to mouse over it to get rid of it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-visual-bug-with-search-bar/cad477ce-1354-4b22-8100-94d15e9f2e49
  7. my search bar bugs

in Cortana
    my search bar bugs: my search bar bugs everytime i open another app or resolution and etc and it highlights blue around it which is very annoying please help me with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-search-bar-bugs/76d66253-0103-4c6c-be14-2d5d7f379a33
  8. Weird Search Bar Bug

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird Search Bar Bug: So basically when I opened up my windows, I was opening discord in the search bar when I was greeted with this [img] [img] [img] So I searched it up and there were only 3 results and none of them worked. I tried deleting and reloading the icon cache it didn't work, I...
  9. Minor Bug On Desktop

Minor Bug On Desktop: Hi. I have just re-installed Windows 10 version 2004 on my laptop. After installing back my programs, and regrouping them into folders, I noticed that the Folder icons is not updated. Usually, when I put something into a folder, it would automatically update the icon to tell...
  10. Minor Touchscreen Bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Minor Touchscreen Bug: I've noticed that when I right click on my desktop, sometimes the menu opens up larger for touchscreen use, other times it doesn't, about 50 50. Happens on multiple PCs. Any idea why this happens, thanks. submitted by /u/cardgamechampion [link] [comments]...