Windows 10: Miracast - Connect to a wireless display

Discus and support Miracast - Connect to a wireless display in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi These are Miracast requirements:Graphics driver must support Windows Display Driver Model WDDM 1.3 with Miracast supportWi-Fi driver must support... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by #EA, Mar 6, 2022.

1. #EA
    #EA Win User

Miracast - Connect to a wireless display

Hi These are Miracast requirements:Graphics driver must support Windows Display Driver Model WDDM 1.3 with Miracast supportWi-Fi driver must support Network Driver Interface Specification NDIS 6.30 and Wi-Fi DirectWindows 8.1 or Windows 10My question:How do i check if my w10 laptop meets these requirements?

:)

2. miracast wireless adaptor not connecting

Hi Jamie,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with connecting to the external monitor on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated display adapter drivers after upgrading to Windows 10. Try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the Wireless Display Driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Update
    Wireless Display Driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.

Also refer to: Fix connections to Bluetooth audio devices and wireless displays

And, Project to a wireless display with Miracast

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 6, 2022
  3. Kari Win User
    Connect to Wireless Display with Miracast in Windows 10

Nice tutorial Shawn!

I'm happy that Anniversary Update seems to have solved connectivity issues with Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter, it was before like a lottery to try to connect to it, sometimes you won but often not. Now with 14393.10 it connects every time, keeping the connection alive.

Just one small inconvenience: is there a way to change display properties defaults? In my case when connecting to wireless display from this laptop, I need it to be left from laptop display but it will always be placed to right. See screenshot, display 1 is laptop, #2 is external display, #3 MS Wireless Display. I would need it to be placed when connected last at left:

Miracast - Connect to a wireless display [​IMG]

Now I need to move it manually every time in Settings.

Additional question is there a way to make it connect automatically whenever I sign in?

Kari, Mar 6, 2022
  4. Miracast - Connect to a wireless display

wireless display adapter model 1628

Hi Rudy,

Connecting to a wireless display requires a device that supports Miracast. For us to identify the cause of this issue, please answer the below questions:

In the meantime, we suggest performing the given steps on this article:
    Fix connections to wireless displays or docks

We look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Mar 6, 2022
Thema:

Miracast - Connect to a wireless display

1. Miracast - Connect to a wireless display - Similar Threads - Miracast Connect wireless

2. Cannot connect to Microsoft Miracast Wireless Display Adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect to Microsoft Miracast Wireless Display Adapter: I bought a Microsoft wireless display adapter to connect my Lenovo T14 Win10 ThinkPad to a new external monitor. When I turn the monitor on with the adapter connected, the screen displays MSDisplayAdapter_37 Ready to connect. On my laptop, I see MSDisplayAdapter_37 in the...
  3. Cannot connect to Microsoft Miracast Wireless Display Adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect to Microsoft Miracast Wireless Display Adapter: I bought a Microsoft wireless display adapter to connect my Lenovo T14 Win10 ThinkPad to a new external monitor. When I turn the monitor on with the adapter connected, the screen displays MSDisplayAdapter_37 Ready to connect. On my laptop, I see MSDisplayAdapter_37 in the...
  4. Cannot connect to Microsoft Miracast Wireless Display Adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Miracast - Connect to a wireless display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Miracast - Connect to a wireless display: Hi These are Miracast requirements:Graphics driver must support Windows Display Driver Model WDDM 1.3 with Miracast supportWi-Fi driver must support Network Driver Interface Specification NDIS 6.30 and Wi-Fi DirectWindows 8.1 or Windows 10My question:How do i check if my w10...
  6. Miracast - Connect to a wireless display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Miracast - Connect to a wireless display: Hi These are Miracast requirements:Graphics driver must support Windows Display Driver Model WDDM 1.3 with Miracast supportWi-Fi driver must support Network Driver Interface Specification NDIS 6.30 and Wi-Fi DirectWindows 8.1 or Windows 10My question:How do i check if my w10...
  7. Miracast/wireless display receiver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Miracast/wireless display receiver: I have a microsoft wireless display adapter v2. But now on windows (if your laptop/pc support it) it have also a miracast receiver buid in baked in the os. But on the wireless display adapter v2 sometimes cant keep up and sometimes it is smooth as it should be. But what is...
  8. Need help with Miracast / connecting to a wireless display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need help with Miracast / connecting to a wireless display: Hi, ive been able to connect to my phillips smart tv for couple of times vis miracast. i did that by pressing "windows key + P" and pressing connect to a wireless display. next sub window would open and automatically scan for devices. it would find it instantly and it would...
  9. Connect to Wireless Display with Miracast in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Connect to Wireless Display with Miracast in Windows 10: How to: Connect to Wireless Display with Miracast in Windows 10 How to Connect to a Wireless Display with Miracast in Windows 10 Miracast is a wireless technology your PC, laptop, or tablet can use to project your screen to wireless TVs, projectors, and streaming media...
  10. Connect to Wireless Display with Miracast on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Connect to Wireless Display with Miracast on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Connect to Wireless Display with Miracast on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Connect to a Wireless Display with Miracast on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information Miracast is a wireless technology your Windows 10 Mobile phone can use to project your screen...